sort

Hi, i have a dw_ and call the sort function. I don't want it to display all
the columns from the dw_ though. Is this possible?

John

0
John

yes, simply select the
unwanted columns
in the datawindow painter
and delete them.

--
Chris Werner

"John Kingan" <John.Kingan@ukgateway.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi, i have a dw_ and call the sort function. I don't want it to display
all
> the columns from the dw_ though. Is this possible?
>
> John

0
Chris

powerscript sort function
I don't understand how powerbuilder is sorting a datawindow. The first column is char(12). After sorting the data in the first columns is: 2533 2535 -2536 2540 2541 A4100 A4102 Why is -2536 in the middle and not at the end or at the start. Is the - sign ignored during sort??? From Help on Sort method "The Sort method uses a typical lexical sort, with symbols, such as a hyphen or underline, ranked higher than alphanumeric characters." From a Sybase employee :-) : This is because PB 32 bit versions are using a Word Sort rather than a String sort. This is...

dw sort and sort
PB 10.2 When you create a datawindow you can choose "rows", "sort". In the SQL there is also a tab page "sort". Probably the tab-page sort in SQL is only when retrieving the data. The tabpage sort is used you call the dw_sort() function. Is this correct? Is the "rows", "sort" called automatically after the data is retrieved? Thanks Eric On 18 Aug 2006 03:24:30 -0700, ontsnapt <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: >PB 10.2 > >When you create a datawindow you can choose "rows", "sort". In the ...

Sorting the series on a graph through powerscript...
I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I know I can do a setSeriesSort(UserDefined!) but what do I do from there??? ...

changing sort order throu modify powerscript
Hi, How do I change the sorting order of a datawindow throu a powerscript ? I am able to change the where clause but not the sorting order. Thank you in advance -- anita@rocketmail.com Call SetSort() and then Sort(). SetSort() sets the sort criteria while Sort() does the actual physical sorting. -- Somnath Ukil IBM Solution Developer PowerBuilder Professional WWW: http://members.tripod.com/~quintsoftwares E-Mail: sukil@usa.net, qss@cyberspace.org ASR <anita@rocketmail.com> wrote in article <lllFK0C88GA.151@forums.powersoft.com>... > Hi, > How do I...

Sorting Arrays with TList.Sort
Several posts suggest using TList for sorting arrays. I have a two-dimensional dynamic array named CashArray, an array of array of double. I would like to sort the rows using the second column. 1. I'm not sure how to properly assign the row pointers to the TList. 2. Even if they are properly assigned, I have no idea how to write the compare function. Make fun of my ignorance if you like, but please help me correct my code below. Max procedure TfMain.Button3Click(Sender: TObject); var i: integer; PCashRow: pointer; MyList: TList; function CompareCash(Item1, It...

Sort only sorts current page???
If there is more than 1 page returned from the HTMLDW and .SetSort/.Sort is called the current page is sorted. Great, but when ScrollNextPage is called the data reverts back to the original sort. Apparently the sort criteria is not maintained in Jaguar. We did a describe anf the sort definition is lost the next time the page is loaded. How can we have the sort order maintained after SetSort() ScrollNextPage()? TIA, Tim Thanks but not the best solution, I think. For example, the first retrieve has a page of data sorted by column1. Execute sort and page1 has a different ...

Sorting Issue: Sort by Star
This is my first post, so I apologize if I'm breaking existing etiquette somehow and beg your pardon. I have a question about folder sorting behavior (specifically when sorting by "star"): Right now, when sorting by star, the starred messages are always grouped with the oldest non-starred messages (that is, a message from yesterday that I've marked with a star will sit next to the oldest email that I have, from years ago). This happens when sorting by star on either ascending or descending. This seems to me to be less useful than the alternative (sorting s...

Sorting DataGrid, Maintane Sort
I have made a sorting datagrid which pages fine and maintanes the sort. But the problem is that when I go to a differnt page while one column is being sorted it still has it sorted but the arrow on the header is gone and it goes back to looking like that column is not sorted even tho it really is. You can see a the Actual page here: http://company4.go-look.com/Liquids.aspx When you click on the headers it displays that arrow but when pages arrow is gone. [code] <form runat="server"> <script runat="server" language="VB"> Protected Dim R...

Sort
I would like to add sort to an existing script that was written by someone else. I've taken an Intro to Perl class and a CGI-Perl class. I can't understand the script AT ALL and at this point I've written a bulletin board program, contact form/auto-email-responder, as well as an apartment locator search and database program. The script converts files in Pagemaker / text into html files. We want to output the html files alphabetically, seemed simple but I can't make heads or tails of it. The script is about 700K but I could put it on a web page or send it ...

Sort
Hi, how can i sort dynamicaly an column before i load the excel file in PB. Sorry about my poor english. Thanks. MTAM ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp dw_1.Modify ( "Create yada yada yada" ) The best way to figure out what to include for 'yada, yada, yada' is to export a datawindow and observe the syntax. On Wed, 05 Dec 2001 12:36:08 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex MTAM <mai_tam@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > > how can i sort dynamicaly an col...

Sort
Name: An Almost Satisfied User Product: Firefox Summary: Sort Comments: Would you please provide an option to keep all folders and sub-folders sorted alphabetically all the time and keep them that way even when new bookmarks are added. It is annoying to have to sort each folder separately. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008061004 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - sort - sybase.powerscript

Sort (typesetting) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Diagram of a cast metal sort . a face, b body or shank, c point size, 1 shoulder, 2 nick, 3 groove, 4 foot. In typesetting by hand compositing, ...

Calendo Sorts Through Facebook Events, Recommends The Best
... poetry readings, and the random “I have a new phone and need your numbers” request. Calendo , an iPhone app that launched Wednesday, sorts through ...

Facebook allows page admins to sort comments chronologically or by activity
... given page managers the chance to choose if they want to see comments to their posts in the order they were posted, or by a Reddit-style sorting ...

People are trying to sort out the "old days" of the web vs today. Here's my two cents.
And some people like to cook for themselves. And sometimes people who cook for themselves like to eat out, and vice versa. So I use Flickr ...

Sort It! Animals for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch ...
Get Sort It! Animals on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Luna, fetching (sort of, not really) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore queuemark's photos on Flickr. queuemark has uploaded 53 photos to Flickr.

How to sort Facebook's News Feed chronologically on mobile - YouTube
Facebook can be great for getting updates on your friends, but sometimes the same posts just don't want to move from the top of your feed. In ...

Val Kilmer sort of signs up for Top Gun 2
He was over-excited - that's what actor Val Kilmer&#160;is telling us after a&#160;hasty Facebook post concerning&#160;his possible&#160;role ...

Journos Behind (small) Bars: Decanter sorts the dudes from the men
With so many small bars popping up on the drinking landscape of Perth, WAtoday journalists decided to go "behind bars" to soak up the new scene, ...

Some sort of new VW EV concept coming to CES
Filed under: Green , CES , Volkswagen , United States , Concept Cars , Electric Volkswagen brand chairman Herbert Diess will make a keynote address ...