Rich Text Edit Control

HI All:

I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to
print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the
following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25
What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is
expanded to the edges of the paper.
When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to:
L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20

I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1
etc.. )and printed with the same result.

I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to set
the margins because these RTF's are setup for logo paper!

So, am I having a contrived "brain-fart", or is there a problem with the
Rich Text Edit Control????

Scott
0
Scott

Scott Selkirk wrote:

> HI All:
>
> I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to
> print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the
> following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25
> What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is
> expanded to the edges of the paper.
> When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to:
> L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20
>
> I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1
> etc.. )and printed with the same result.
>
> I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to set
> the margins because these RTF's are setup for logo paper!
>
> So, am I having a contrived "brain-fart", or is there a problem with the
> Rich Text Edit Control????
>
> Scott

This might be a first, answering my own question. I went back to
PowerSoft's technical online documentation, and FINALLY found what I was
looking for. The margins in a RTE control are in PB UNITS! and of course
no documentation I have refered to this. So if you want a Left margin
set to 1.25" then code rte_1.LeftMargin = 1250.

Later....
0
Scott
9/15/1997 10:58:45 PM
This isn't exactly related to your question.  Every time I've tried to use
an RTF control in PB5.0x, I've experienced a strange redraw problem.  It
appears the text portion of the control has a transparent background.  Am I
missing something?  How did you get around this problem?

I'm using PB5.0.03 on Windows NT 4.0 (SP3).

0
Jeff
9/17/1997 1:53:47 PM
Jeff Van Dusseldorp wrote:

> This isn't exactly related to your question.  Every time I've tried to use
> an RTF control in PB5.0x, I've experienced a strange redraw problem.  It
> appears the text portion of the control has a transparent background.  Am I
> missing something?  How did you get around this problem?
>
> I'm using PB5.0.03 on Windows NT 4.0 (SP3).

Jeff,

That is a known reported problem with the redraw of the RTE control on
NT4.0.  It's easy enough to fix though...   Simply use the PBRTC050.DLL
that is PB 5.0.03 (and it doesn't matter which release of anything that
you are on to use this version).

HTH,
--
Sharon Weinstrom Buntz      | mailto:sbuntz@texas.net
Cheat Sheet for PFC/PB Help | http://www.pfccheatsheet.com/

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Control Limit
Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich Text Edit control? I know there's a limit property on a multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the rich text edit. What I'm trying to do is have a datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit control with data from one of the fields. From there they can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to the datawindow so that it can be updated. Everything works great except that the field is only 4000 characte...

Rich Text Edit Control Queries
Hi there! I am having the following problems with Rich Text Edit controls using PB6.5: 1. What-you-see-is-not-what-you-get. I can see the indentation on the document which is displayed at the control, but when I print out, the document is without the indentation. 2. I cannot see the page numbering. When I select the header and footer, I cannot see it during a preview and during a physical hard copy after a print. 3. How can I set the default font setting which is applicable for all documents? I understand I can always change it on the menu bar, but I cannot seem t...

MAPI and rich text edit control.
I can email the contents of a multiline edit control (mle_message) by doing the following: mMsg.notetext = mle_message.text But how can I substitute a rich text edit control (rte_message) instead? // the following doesn't make sense !! mMsg.notetext = rte_message.text So, how do I store the contents of a rich text edit control to mMsg.notetext? Also, I know I could solve this by emailing a file attachment but I don't want to do that. Thanks, Andy ...

Rich Text Edit Control #2
Hi, Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size through one of the controls functions? Markus http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip On 19 Aug 2004 06:19:13 -0700, "Markus Zurbuchen Consulting \(mzc.ch\)" <mz@mzc.ch> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size >through one of the controls functions? > >Markus > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Vote fo...

Rich Text Edit Control / DWHelp
Hi can anyone shed some light. I am trying to create a view screen to show comment details from my db. Certain words need to be highlighted in Red. I thought of using either the Rich text edit control on a window or the Rich text dw format. The problem is, If I use the dw, I cannot first select the text so that I can change the colour (via a loop to find all the relevant words). If I use the edit control on a window, I cannot get the text into it except via an ascii text file which I dont want to do (I want to put it in either as a string var or directly from the db). Any ideas much ...

Rich text edit control formatting
Hi, I have inserted a document into a rich text edit control .The problem is that I am losing all the formatting ie. font size etc. when I am inserting it using insertdocument() function of rte. Could anyone tell me how I can have the formatting in it. Thanks, Namita Hey, What version of RTF is the document you're inserting? PowerBuilder supports version 1.2 of the RTF standard. Any unsupported formatting is ignored. Davy "namita goel" <namitag@affinitygs.com> wrote in message news:iKbZniehCHA.248@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I ha...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Control - sybase.powerscript

Run-fests no more as bowlers take control in Adelaide
The extent to which batsmen struggled in Adelaide would have exceeded even the most pessimistic of forecasts.

‘Enough Is Enough’: Obama Demands More Gun Control After Colorado Shooting
President Obama again turned to gun control as a potential solution to the horrific act

Obama pushes for gun control after Colorado shooting
"This is not normal," president says after gunman fatally shoots three people, including police officer, at Planned Parenthood facility

Democrats New Plan For Gun Control – A Secret Government Terrorist Watch List
They call it the "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015"

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

Mind-Control Bacteria Stop You From Eating Too Much
Gut microbes release proteins that stop the brain from thinking you're still hungry.

Easy Power Supply Mod Takes Control
... supplies are great for the home hobbyist, featuring wide voltage range and current limiting for a low price. What’s not to love? The controls; ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

Morphing cubby house gives kids control of play space
This gorgeous striped cubby house by architectural firm Nixon Tulloch Fortey can expand and shrink to create a flexible play area for children. ...