POWERBUILDER API SITE ???

Hi !

From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

   * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
     http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
   * http://choa.com/api/index.html

But I don't find them at the above URL's.

Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

                    Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
JDM

Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
APIs are:

Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
WINDOWS shell
Eric Ajling
Geert van Damme

I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.

I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.

Avron Polakow
avron@shira.com

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
avron
8/24/1998 3:03:07 PM
Check your spelling <g>!

--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

avron polakow <avron@shira.com> wrote in message
35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com...
>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.
>
>The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
>APIs are:
>
>Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
>WINDOWS shell
>Eric Ajling
>Geert van Damme
>
>I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.
>
>I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
>stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.
>
>Avron Polakow
>avron@shira.com
>
>JDM wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
>> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>>
>>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>>
>> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>>
>> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
>> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>>
>>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
Eric
8/25/1998 6:19:06 AM
In article <35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com>, avron@shira.com says...

>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

Has anyone thought of asking Don to give control of the API files to them? If I
remember correctly, this site had a huge amount of API calls defined, and it a
shame to see it all go.

I still have several meg of space left on my ISP site. I could host some (maybe
all) of it.

--
Brad Mettee
PC HotShots, Inc.

--> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs <--
* finger bmettee@clark.net for PGP Key *

0
bmettee
8/25/1998 11:28:50 AM
--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

Hi all!
Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.

http://choa.com/api/

Check it out!!

HTH,
Jody LaPosta

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

<HTML>
Hi all!
<BR>Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/</A>
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">Check it out!!</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"></FONT>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">HTH,</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000">Jody LaPosta</FONT><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P>JDM wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi !

<P>From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
<BR>to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://newebsolutions.com/api/">http://newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
or
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/">http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/index.html</A>

<P>But I don't find them at the above URL's.

<P>Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
<BR>or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Tanks!&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:jdessart@consultant.com">mailto:jdessart@consultant.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF--

0
Jody

PowerBuilder API Site
What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400, Charles Drolsbaugh <chas@snip.net> wrote: >What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site >http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? > I don't know. It's been down for some time. Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Source Consulting mailto:bruce.armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.experienceondemand.com Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi] On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400...

Site to site
Have a site to site using 3.8 with a linksys on the other end. Trying to get clients on linksys side to be able to see public interface for services that are running proxied on the 3.8. Is there a way to do this. Its not the filters since have triedwith ipflt unloaded. Rick, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Check the knowledgebase and SolutionNet databases at http:/...

Routing from Client-Site through Site-Site
We have a Site-to-Site VPN setup from our main office to two remote offices. When I use a Client-to-Site connection to access the network at the office, I can't access anything through the Site-to-Site connections. Is this possible ? Main Office VPN Tunnel IP is 10.0.9.1 Remote 1 VPN Tunnel is 10.0.9.2 Remote 1 VPN Tunnel is 10.0.9.3 Main office subnet is 10.0.1.x Remote office 1 is 10.0.2.x Remote office 2 is 10.0.3.x In article <aLWTh.44$vi3.26@janeway.provo.novell.com>, Earl wrote: > When I use a Client-to-Site connection to access the network a...

VPN Site to Site & Client to site/site's ?
Hi there, We managed to get our 5.0/5.1 & 6.0 tree over av WAN moved to a BM3.7 VPN based solution. Everything's working really good, finally,,, Though, just one issue or maybe,, question,, with a site-to-site VPN for 1 tree with 1 master & 2 slaves, are a client -to - site VPN connection ment to be able to connect to all the servers...?? That is; central network = 192.168.0.0 with the master works ok from client, branch network1 = 192.168.1.0 1st slave does not work from client, branch network1 = 192.168.2.0 2nd slave does not work from client, In nwa...

Powerbuilder Library API ?
Hi there.... I have lost my Perl "documentor", which take a exported userobject and extracts ancestor info, function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print. I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better :-) So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the powerbuilder dll for extracting the definition of the PB objects ? Regards Hans Jeppesen PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2 There is no 'public' api... /ck "Hans Mejdahl Jeppesen" <hajee@wmdata.com.nospam> wrot...

Oracle API in PowerBuilder
I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried to use the Oracle API in PB before. If you have, I could really use your help. Here is the documented Oracle function that I want to use as an external function in PB (and there are more but I want to successfully call the first one before I move on): sword OCIEnvInit ( OCIEnv **envhpp, ub4 mode, size_t xtramemsz, dvoid **usrmempp ); envhpp (OUT) A pointer to a handle to the environment. mode (IN) Specifies initialization of an environment mode. xtramemsz (IN) Specifies the am...

DBRemote API from PowerBuilder
Hi , Does anyone know how to call DBRemote using an API from within PowerBuilder ? Thanks in advance Steen Jakobsen /DM software ...

Powerbuilder SCC API
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------AC7E49CEA38415C52F49A286 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I wanted some information about the SCC API. What can I do with this interface?, and where can I find a list of exported functions? I have been searching the Sybase site and didn't found this information. Thanks in advance. --------------AC7E49CEA38415C52F49A286 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="mguerrero.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for ...

Powerbuilder SCC API
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------14EF6CF74CEC4F8B8817C864 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I wanted some information about the SCC API. What can I do with this interface?, and where can I find a list of exported functions? I have been searching the Sybase site and didn't found this information. Thanks in advance. --------------14EF6CF74CEC4F8B8817C864 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="mguerrero.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Ma...

PowerBuilder FAQ site
Here is a Powerbuilder web site suggested by Mr.Phillip : Hope everyone finds it useful:http://www.teleport.com/~wagnerc/powerbuilder_faq.html ...

API Calls from PowerBuilder.
Hi all, I have a problem with API calls. I'd like to now how to call api functions in a DLL that have some functions with parameters like this: DLL: function x ( stru_a ) Structure stru_a { char * name, integer * value_1, Double * value_2, .... } I hope somebody can help me. Thank's. Luiz Paes. Search the Help file for Declaring External Functions and then Calling External Functions. This will explain how (and where) to declare and call your API functions. Zane Knight. ...

Web resources about - POWERBUILDER API SITE ??? - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles