Powerbuilder API prototype for GetFileSize()

Anyone have the pb api prototype for the GetFileSize() Kernel32.dll
win95 api call ?

I used pb's prototyping doc and have arrived at

Function Ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
Library "Kernel32.dll"

When i  use the following test button and script to use it, the value
returned is pretty large .. for instance the return value is :
4294967295

Hmm I have a feeling im missing something on this,..

Any help is appreciated...

// Sample code below....

// Test button
ulong  lu_FileSize
Script
lu_FileSize = gf_filesize("C:\TEST.DAT")       // 10 byte test file

** Function gf_Filesize **

// gf_Filesize(AS_FILENAME)
//FUNCTION ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
Library "Kernel32.dll"
ulong		ul_FileSize
ulong		hFileHNDL
ulong		ul_NULL

hFileHNDL = FileOpen(as_filename)
ul_FileSize = GetFileSize( hFileHNDL, ul_NULL ) ;
FileClose(hFileHNDL)
MessageBox("Debug within gf_filesize","ul_NULL = "+string(ul_NULL))
RETURN ul_FileSize

0
speedier

Check the of_GetFileSize() function in the PFC Library.

HTH
Arthur Hefti, CPI / CPD-P

CATsoft Development GmbH, Switzerland, http://www.catsoft.ch
A Client/Server and Internet/Intranet Development Company

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Check out the Swiss PowerBuilder and I*net Conference Site
+ at www.catsoft.ch/pbconf98.htm
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Speedier wrote in message <34fd5678.998735689@forums.powersoft.com>...

>Anyone have the pb api prototype for the GetFileSize() Kernel32.dll
>win95 api call ?
>
>I used pb's prototyping doc and have arrived at
>
>Function Ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
>Library "Kernel32.dll"
>
>When i  use the following test button and script to use it, the value
>returned is pretty large .. for instance the return value is :
>4294967295
>
>Hmm I have a feeling im missing something on this,..
>
>Any help is appreciated...
>
>// Sample code below....
>
>// Test button
>ulong  lu_FileSize
>Script
>lu_FileSize = gf_filesize("C:\TEST.DAT")       // 10 byte test file
>
>** Function gf_Filesize **
>
>// gf_Filesize(AS_FILENAME)
>//FUNCTION ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
>Library "Kernel32.dll"
>ulong ul_FileSize
>ulong hFileHNDL
>ulong ul_NULL
>
>hFileHNDL = FileOpen(as_filename)
>ul_FileSize = GetFileSize( hFileHNDL, ul_NULL ) ;
>FileClose(hFileHNDL)
>MessageBox("Debug within gf_filesize","ul_NULL = "+string(ul_NULL))
>RETURN ul_FileSize

0
Arthur
3/4/1998 10:17:20 PM
On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 13:32:35 GMT, speedier@sprint.ca (Speedier) wrote:

Thanks for the help guys ...

>Anyone have the pb api prototype for the GetFileSize() Kernel32.dll
>win95 api call ?
>
>I used pb's prototyping doc and have arrived at
>
>Function Ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
>Library "Kernel32.dll"
>
>When i  use the following test button and script to use it, the value
>returned is pretty large .. for instance the return value is :
>4294967295
>
>Hmm I have a feeling im missing something on this,..
>
>Any help is appreciated...
>
>// Sample code below....
>
>// Test button
>ulong  lu_FileSize
>Script
>lu_FileSize = gf_filesize("C:\TEST.DAT")       // 10 byte test file
>
>** Function gf_Filesize **
>
>// gf_Filesize(AS_FILENAME)
>//FUNCTION ulong GetFileSize(Ulong hFile, Ref Ulong lpdwFileSizeHigh)
>Library "Kernel32.dll"
>ulong		ul_FileSize
>ulong		hFileHNDL
>ulong		ul_NULL
>
>hFileHNDL = FileOpen(as_filename)
>ul_FileSize = GetFileSize( hFileHNDL, ul_NULL ) ;
>FileClose(hFileHNDL)
>MessageBox("Debug within gf_filesize","ul_NULL = "+string(ul_NULL))
>RETURN ul_FileSize

0
speedier

Oracle API in PowerBuilder
I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried to use the Oracle API in PB before. If you have, I could really use your help. Here is the documented Oracle function that I want to use as an external function in PB (and there are more but I want to successfully call the first one before I move on): sword OCIEnvInit ( OCIEnv **envhpp, ub4 mode, size_t xtramemsz, dvoid **usrmempp ); envhpp (OUT) A pointer to a handle to the environment. mode (IN) Specifies initialization of an environment mode. xtramemsz (IN) Specifies the am...

Powerbuilder SCC API
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------14EF6CF74CEC4F8B8817C864 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I wanted some information about the SCC API. What can I do with this interface?, and where can I find a list of exported functions? I have been searching the Sybase site and didn't found this information. Thanks in advance. --------------14EF6CF74CEC4F8B8817C864 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="mguerrero.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Ma...

Powerbuilder SCC API
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------AC7E49CEA38415C52F49A286 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I wanted some information about the SCC API. What can I do with this interface?, and where can I find a list of exported functions? I have been searching the Sybase site and didn't found this information. Thanks in advance. --------------AC7E49CEA38415C52F49A286 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="mguerrero.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for ...

POWERBUILDER API SITE ???
Hi ! From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted to API for PB should be found at the following addresses: * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/ * http://choa.com/api/index.html But I don't find them at the above URL's. Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on, or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ? Tanks! mailto:jdessart@consultant.com Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has closed them down since he is no ...

DBRemote API from PowerBuilder
Hi , Does anyone know how to call DBRemote using an API from within PowerBuilder ? Thanks in advance Steen Jakobsen /DM software ...

POWERBUILDER API SITE ???
Hi ! From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted to API for PB should be found at the following addresses: * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/ * http://choa.com/api/index.html But I don't find them at the above URL's. Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on, or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ? Tanks! mailto:jdessart@consultant.com Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has closed them down since he is no ...

Goldilocks API Prototype
Hey all, I wrote a little shim that hacks the Observer API to behave like the Goldilocks proposal. Just include it on your page after include.js and everything should work: https://gist.github.com/callahad/6807882 Give it a shot and see if it makes your code feel meaningfully cleaner. Does anything break? Thanks, -Dan On 03/10/2013 11:28, Dan Callahan wrote: > I wrote a little shim that hacks the Observer API to behave like the > Goldilocks proposal. Just include it on your page after include.js and > everything should work: > > https://gist.github.c...

[...]

API Calls from PowerBuilder.
Hi all, I have a problem with API calls. I'd like to now how to call api functions in a DLL that have some functions with parameters like this: DLL: function x ( stru_a ) Structure stru_a { char * name, integer * value_1, Double * value_2, .... } I hope somebody can help me. Thank's. Luiz Paes. Search the Help file for Declaring External Functions and then Calling External Functions. This will explain how (and where) to declare and call your API functions. Zane Knight. ...

PowerBuilder API Site
What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400, Charles Drolsbaugh <chas@snip.net> wrote: >What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site >http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? > I don't know. It's been down for some time. Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Source Consulting mailto:bruce.armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.experienceondemand.com Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi] On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400...

Powerbuilder Library API ?
Hi there.... I have lost my Perl "documentor", which take a exported userobject and extracts ancestor info, function-, events- and variable definition etc. as pretty print. I now want to reconstruct it. And offcourse it must be bigger and better :-) So therefore does a public (or near public) "API" exist in the powerbuilder dll for extracting the definition of the PB objects ? Regards Hans Jeppesen PS I'm currently using PB 8.0.2 There is no 'public' api... /ck "Hans Mejdahl Jeppesen" <hajee@wmdata.com.nospam> wrot...

Using DLLs/API in Powerbuilder
Powerbuilder seems to be missing any kind of directory maintenance or drive statics ( Make Directory, Change Directory, Free Disk Space, etc.. ) functions. 1. Is it best to create a DLL of Functions using C++ or ??? or is there a DLL available ?? 2. Use the WIN32 API ?? What is the correct syntax ??? Any Help would be greatly appreciated, Graeme gcraik@bellsouth.net Hi, For 16bit, there are API availabe ( well, some of them ). There are thought for 32bit. Check out the PFC fileservices ( n_cst_filesrv...). There is all that you need. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke g...

Crypto API examples in Powerbuilder.
Hello all. Does anyone have examples of using the crypto API calls within from within Powerbuilder to encrypt a string ?? Thanks in advance. davepylatuk@centurysystems.net wrote: > Hello all. > > Does anyone have examples of using the crypto API calls > within from within Powerbuilder to encrypt a string ?? > > Thanks in advance. http://www.topwizprogramming.com Check the "Free Code" section, and send a thanks to the author. :) ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder API prototype for GetFileSize() - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles