PowerBuilder 12 yield function not working.

Am I the only one to have noticed that the yield function
does not work in PowerBuilder 12?
When I call yield() from within a loop to allow the click
event to run on other buttons, such as a cancel button, it
has no effect. It does not appear to be possible to cancel
out of a loop any more, yet there is no mention of the
problem anywhere.
We can't be the only ones the think that users should be
allowed to cancel long processes?
David

Classic or .Net?
I assume this is code you migrated from an earlier release?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<David Haynes> wrote in message news:4c516285.4a27.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Am I the only one to have noticed that the yield function
> does not work in PowerBuilder 12?
> When I call yield() from within a loop to allow the click
> event to run on other buttons, such as a cancel button, it
> has no effect. It does not appear to be possible to cancel
> out of a loop any more, yet there is no mention of the
> problem anywhere.
> We can't be the only ones the think that users should be
> allowed to cancel long processes?
> Has anyone else experienced this problem?

0
Terry

PowerBuilder PowerScript functions for database
Hi ya all, Quick question: What is the difference between the GetRow( ) and GetRowIdFromRow( ) functions? GetRow() returns the row number of the with respect to the rows currently in the Primary buffer. If there are row is added to the Primary buffer before row 2 then what was row 2 before the add now is row 3. GetRowIdFromRow() will give you a row id that will remain with the row regardless of where it falls in the datawindow. You can use GetRowFromRowId() in concert with GetRowIdFromRow(). From the above example, if before the add row 2's rowid = 5, then after the ...

FindWindowEXA function not work in PB 12.
hi,all FindWindowEXA function cant get return value in PB 12,it always return 0,anybody can help?tks. below is the code: function long FindWindowExA( long hParent, long hChildAfter, String lpszClass, String lpszWindow ) Library "user32.dll" function long GetWindowLongA( long hWnd, integer index) Library "user32.dll" function long FN_ToolBarSetFont(long unknown,string fontname,long fontsize,long unknown1,string str) library "pbvm120.dll" long ll_null, ll_hwndToolBar, ll_hwnd, ll_pToolbar string ls_windowName SetNull(ls_windowName) SetNull(ll_n...

FindWindowEXA function not work in PB 12.
hi,all FindWindowEXA function cant get return value in PB 12,it always return 0,anybody can help?tks. below is the code: function long FindWindowExA( long hParent, long hChildAfter, String lpszClass, String lpszWindow ) Library "user32.dll" function long GetWindowLongA( long hWnd, integer index) Library "user32.dll" function long FN_ToolBarSetFont(long unknown,string fontname,long fontsize,long unknown1,string str) library "pbvm120.dll" long ll_null, ll_hwndToolBar, ll_hwnd, ll_pToolbar string ls_windowName SetNull(ls_windowName) SetNull(ll_n...

FindWindowEXA function not work in PB 12 .
hi,guys FindWindowEXA function cant get value in PB 12,it always return 0,anybody can help?tks. below is the code: function long FindWindowExA( long hParent, long hChildAfter, String lpszClass, String lpszWindow ) Library "user32.dll" function long GetWindowLongA( long hWnd, integer index) Library "user32.dll" function long FN_ToolBarSetFont(long unknown,string fontname,long fontsize,long unknown1,string str) library "pbvm120.dll" long ll_null, ll_hwndToolBar, ll_hwnd, ll_pToolbar string ls_windowName SetNull(ls_windowName) SetNull(ll_null) try ll_hwnd = Handle(awin) ll_hwndToolBar = FindWindowEXA(ll_hwnd, ll_NULL, "FNFIXEDBAR120", ls_WindowName ) if ll_hwndToolBar > 0 then ll_pToolbar = GetWindowLongA(ll_hwndToolBar,0) FN_ToolBarSetFont(ll_pToolbar, aFontName, aFontSize, 0, space(aTextSize)) end if catch(throwable ex) SignalError(-1, "Call API function to set toolbar font failed.") return -1 end try Answered elsewhere. Please do not post the same message independently to multple newsgroups. ...

Powerscript Function SaveAsASCII () is not Working in PB 9.
Hi All I am going mad at trying to get the Powerscript Function SaveAsASCII () to work on a Composit / Nested Datawindow/Report. When I saveasascii() a nested report, I get a Blank Saved in a new file. Of-Course I have dw_parent.retriev() ed the parent DW. Pl Help. I am using PB9 on WIN XP. Cheers!!! R Bhalla. From PB Help - Composite Report: "A report that consists entirely of one or more nested reports. A composite report serves as a container for other reports and has no data source of its own." So when it does not contain any data source, I wonde...

card reader on acer one d255 works with 12.1 livecd dont work with 12.1 installed
acer one d255 the card reader is: Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0cf2:6250 ENE Technology, Inc. SD card reader (UB6250) found with lsusb the 16Mb card works on another PC with suse 12.1 installed, here is a dmesg if it can be useful Code: -------------------- before insert 16Mb card [192164.634317] UDF-fs INFO UDF: Mounting volume 'UDF Volume', timestamp 2009/09/14 01:00 (103c) 16Mb card inserted [194688.973385] mmc0: new SDHC card at address e624 [194688.973654] mmcblk0: mmc0:e624 SD16G 14.8 GiB [194688.985455] mmcblk0: p1 pla@linux-2fe4:~> ...

Activate autoscript doesn't work for Powerscript functions
Activate autoscript doesn't work for Powerscript functions like Messagebox. Is this a bug or a feature enhancement request? VSV ...

Adding dates in a function in powerscript ( code won't work )
PB 6.5/444, MSSQL 6.5 Hello, It seems as though I'm always asking about adding dates.... What I have is a function that does my addition. However, it only returns 0:00:00 instead of the time elapsed. Can anyone look at the code and tell me why this happens? Thanks. /* f_getdatesum * * Created: 21 July 99 [LRV] * * Comments: Add two dates together. * * * **************************************************************************** **************************************************/...

Powerbuilder error 12 on datastore. GetItem function, only runtime 7.0.3
We got a powerbuilder error 12 (dataWindow column type does not match GetItem type) on a datastore.GetItemString (however the datastore column is a string one). This happens just on 7.0.3 runtim mode. All is right in Pb 5.0.4 (interpreted and runtime mode) and in Pb 7.0.3 interpreted, debug mode With the second GetItemString syntax (with the name of the column instead its range), we got a powerbuilder error 6 ("unknown column name"), while all is right in Pb 5.0.4 and Pb debug mode !!! On another datawindow, still only on runtime mode (and not in debug) we got ...

OpenSpan: PowerBuilder 12.0 and Visual Studio 2008
Greetings All, OpenSpan has released a version of their product that installs as a Visual Studio 2008 Plug-In. So using Visual Studio, you can create Windows, Web and OpenSpan projects (and make them work together). With PowerBuilder 12.0, should I be able to open projects with Visual Studio or vice-versa? Or is there a PowerBuilder 12.0 Plug-In that can be installed on top of Visual Studio? The real issue for me is that I would like to use the OpenSpan product, but I would prefer to use PowerBuilder to 'talk' to it instead of Visual Studio. Thanks for your thou...

some function nt working in Mozila but works in IE
In this javascript code ,can any body tell me why it is noe working with the other browser except IE ......please tell me the function which is not compatible with the standard    function UCTree_onTreePopulate(TreeType, callFor,NodeTextClickContainerID,IUSVisible) { //XMLDocument Will contain the data to bind if(XMLDocument.documentElement==null || XMLDocument.documentElement.childNodes.length==0) { if(ClickedNode==null) { // Can Comment these 2 lines. On commenting, if the tree does not have any nodes, the Root text will be displayed // Can also be handled by adding a property to control this behavior document.getElementById(treeBase).style.display='none' document.getElementById(treeView).innerHTML='' } else { document.getElementById(ClickedNode).style.backgroundColor='' document.getElementById(ClickedNode).innerHTML =NodeState document.getElementById("IMG"+ClickedNode).src=ImgNullImage document.getElementById("IMG"+ClickedNode).onclick="" } return } //.....The data label,globalcolor var GID,GID_1,Label,Global,AreaID,LastNode,AreaBlock var UL = document.createElement("UL") var LI if(ClickedNode==null) { UL.id="IROOT" LevelClicked=1 } else { if(TreeType==IndTreeType) { // -- For indicator tree create the ID of UL as Prefix "V" concatinated with ClickedNode ID ...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 working in Unicode or with different MAPI versions ? Thx, Erik I experience the same problem ! Impossible to connect to the messaging system (tested on win xp sp1&2 with IE 6 and Outlook Xpress) . .... mSes = create mailSession mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!) => mRet is always = to MailReturnFailure ! (which is not a valid or documented return value for the mailLogon method) All the scripts tested work fine in PB7 and PB9 but none on PB10. Hoping getting soon an explanation/idea of how to walk around this very blocking problem. Regards, Guillaume > Hi, > > I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send > e-mails using the customers e-mail client. > Customer uses Netscape 4.7 > With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB > 10, the mailLogon function always fails. > > With PB 7 it...

Powerbuilder 12.0->12.1 Deployment
Hello, (note: I'm referring to Powerbuilder Classic in all cases below)... We recently upgraded to Powerbuilder 12.0, and we deployed to our clients in October. This included having our clients do a one-time installation of the output from the Runtime Packager, which caused us a few problems, but that we've mostly worked through. Now that 12.1 is out, will we have to re-deploy the output from the Runtime Packager when we upgrade? Or does 12.1 include just IDE updates? Ricky Wallace Hi Ricky; No, PB 12.1 includes definite run time changes. Also, most importantly - Never, never, never and if in doubt never run your PB application EXE's with run times that do not match. You will be headed for unpredictable behaviour and stability problems in my experience. HTH Regards ... Chris President: OSUG / STD Inc. Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass "Ricky Wallace" wrote in message news:4cf64dba$1@forums-1-dub... Hello, (note: I'm referring to Powerbuilder Classic in all cases below)... We recently upgraded to Powerbuilder 12.0, and we deployed to our clients in October. This included having our clients do a one-time installation of the output from the Runtime Packager, which caused us a few problems, but that we've mostly worked through. Now that 12.1 is out, will we have to re-deploy the outp...

inline function not working in (function's) argument
Hi, I made a script below, and try to running it with latest SpiderMonkey CVS build: ===== // testObj Object function testObj () { // Constructor }; testObj.prototype.load = function () { var _this = this; var evt = 123; /* #1 This will not work. Why? */ externalCall(function temp(evt) {_this.callback(evt);}); /* #2 This will not work. Why? */ var temp = function temp(evt) {_this.callback(evt);}; externalCall(temp); /* #3 This will not work. because callback was treated as property, not function */ externalCall(_this.callb...

Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7
Hi, I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the customers e-mail client. Customer uses Netscape 4.7 With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon function always fails. With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express. With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address' Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape. Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 w...

Max() DataWindow function vs. Max() PowerScript function
I feel like I'm missing something basic here. In PowerScript, Max() returns the greater of two numbers. In a DataWindow, Max() returns the largest value in a single column over all rows. I need the PowerScript functionality in a DataWindow expression. I have a computed field with a rather long expression in it. I need the result of that expression to never be below one. If I put it in an if() statement, then I'm calculating the formula two times (and have to type it two times). write a global function f_max(a,b) and call that in your datawindow "Jason '...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Not working #12
Name: S Moyer Email: sbmoyeratcomcastdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Not working Comments: I am having trouble with firefox since it has been upgraded(3.01). Some of the submit buttons do not show up or the next,forward or back buttons. Also when shopping the color boxes do not show up on some web sites. I have no elevator bars either. The comcast TV planner has no channel #'s, very difficult to use that way. I am sorry to have to use another browser but so much of it doesn't work anymore it is quite annoying. (MAC 10.5.4) Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macint...

12 #12
Name: hazza Email: hamzza38athotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: 12 Comments: ;bj Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9b2) Gecko/2007121120 Firefox/3.0b2 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

not working #12
Name: Amelia Email: bamelsatgmaildotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: not working Comments: Unable to install as not compatible with new version of Firefox. Please fix this as I think it would be of great help. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://www.mozilla.com/en-GB/add-ons/ebay/feedback/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

yield() function
After I used the yield function then closed all the windows (The script is already done). But the program doesn't terminted and still in the memory. If I don't use the yield function, it would be fine. Max ...

Powerbuilder 12.
We found in Powerbuilder documents that Powerbuilder 11 will be the last version to have JSP Web Target capability and won't be supported in Powerbuilder 12. We saw that it was recommended that these targets be converted to JSF(Java Server Faces) via Sybase Workspace. It appears that this development tool is separate from Powerbuilder. Is this true? Also, has anyone else had experience converting JSPs to JSFs? Any help will be much appreciated. Van You are correct, Workspace is a completely separate product from PowerBuilder. "Van" <Vanjacobson@...

String Functions (and other Public functions) don't work!
I have several Projects opened at once in Visual Studio.Net, in one of those projects I have some code behind that is fairly simple, where I am grabbing the first 5 characters of a string. The code is: Test = Left(5,foo) and it compiles just fine. When I try it in a seperate Project trying to use the exact same code, I get the error message: Name 'Left' is not declared. I am assuming that I have a refrences problem somewhere here, but I for the life of me can't figure out what to do to fix this, please help! (This also happens with Trim, Right, InStr, Len, etc, etc)Ryan ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 12 yield function not working. - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles