PB missing bit-wise or(||) and and(&&)?

I have set up several "constant long ic_bitpos_1 = 1, _2 = 2, _3 = 4",
etc... and need to use
them in a comparison against another long int with a cumulative value:

Here's the old VB code:

   Select Case at_Right_Type
      Case urt_Codes
         Security_Right = ((ao_Group_Rights.Rights_Codes And
at_Right_Mask) <> 0)


and the new PB code:

choose case ii_bit_position
  case 1
      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_1 <> 0)
  case 2
      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_2 <> 0)
  case else
     lb_result = false // be safe, deny the right if problems occur
end choose

How am I supposed to pull this off in PB?

0
Arnie
2/29/2000 10:13:29 PM
sybase.powerscript 7704 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
260 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:13:29 -0600, Arnie Morein
<amorein@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>I have set up several "constant long ic_bitpos_1 = 1, _2 = 2, _3 = 4",
>etc... and need to use
>them in a comparison against another long int with a cumulative value:
>
>Here's the old VB code:
>
>   Select Case at_Right_Type
>      Case urt_Codes
>         Security_Right = ((ao_Group_Rights.Rights_Codes And
>at_Right_Mask) <> 0)
>
>
>and the new PB code:
>
>choose case ii_bit_position
>  case 1
>      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_1 <> 0)
>  case 2
>      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_2 <> 0)
>  case else
>     lb_result = false // be safe, deny the right if problems occur
>end choose
>
>How am I supposed to pull this off in PB?

There is no native support for this in PB, but there is a
of_BitwiseOr() in PFC (pfc_n_cst_numerical).
 
--
  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Vote for your favorite tools! 
  http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/

 Mine are:
   - Sybase Enterprise Application Server	 
   - PowerJ					
   - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere		
   - Power Designer V7 				
0
Boris
3/1/2000 7:54:29 AM
Thank you! Follow-up question: am I correct in this:

 choose case ii_bit_position
  case 4
   if ab_option = false then // turn it off
      ll_new_group_value = lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseAND (il_group_value,
lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseNOT (ic_bitpos_4))
   else // turn it on
      ll_new_group_value = lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseOR (il_group_value,
ic_bitpos_4)
   end if
   il_group_value = ll_new_group_value



"Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:13:29 -0600, Arnie Morein
> <amorein@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I have set up several "constant long ic_bitpos_1 = 1, _2 = 2, _3 = 4",
> >etc... and need to use
> >them in a comparison against another long int with a cumulative value:
> >
> >Here's the old VB code:
> >
> >   Select Case at_Right_Type
> >      Case urt_Codes
> >         Security_Right = ((ao_Group_Rights.Rights_Codes And
> >at_Right_Mask) <> 0)
> >
> >
> >and the new PB code:
> >
> >choose case ii_bit_position
> >  case 1
> >      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_1 <> 0)
> >  case 2
> >      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_2 <> 0)
> >  case else
> >     lb_result = false // be safe, deny the right if problems occur
> >end choose
> >
> >How am I supposed to pull this off in PB?
>
> There is no native support for this in PB, but there is a
> of_BitwiseOr() in PFC (pfc_n_cst_numerical).
>
> --
>   Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
>   mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
>
>   Vote for your favorite tools!
>   http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/
>
>  Mine are:
>    - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
>    - PowerJ
>    - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
>    - Power Designer V7

0
Arnie
3/1/2000 10:14:21 PM
You are correct.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]
Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn

"Arnie Morein" <amorein@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
news:38BD963D.B3924886@austin.rr.com...
> Thank you! Follow-up question: am I correct in this:
>
>  choose case ii_bit_position
>   case 4
>    if ab_option = false then // turn it off
>       ll_new_group_value = lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseAND (il_group_value,
> lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseNOT (ic_bitpos_4))
>    else // turn it on
>       ll_new_group_value = lo_bit_funcs.of_BitwiseOR (il_group_value,
> ic_bitpos_4)
>    end if
>    il_group_value = ll_new_group_value
>
>
>
> "Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]" wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:13:29 -0600, Arnie Morein
> > <amorein@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I have set up several "constant long ic_bitpos_1 = 1, _2 = 2, _3 = 4",
> > >etc... and need to use
> > >them in a comparison against another long int with a cumulative value:
> > >
> > >Here's the old VB code:
> > >
> > >   Select Case at_Right_Type
> > >      Case urt_Codes
> > >         Security_Right = ((ao_Group_Rights.Rights_Codes And
> > >at_Right_Mask) <> 0)
> > >
> > >
> > >and the new PB code:
> > >
> > >choose case ii_bit_position
> > >  case 1
> > >      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_1 <> 0)
> > >  case 2
> > >      lb_result = (il_group_value or ic_bitpos_2 <> 0)
> > >  case else
> > >     lb_result = false // be safe, deny the right if problems occur
> > >end choose
> > >
> > >How am I supposed to pull this off in PB?
> >
> > There is no native support for this in PB, but there is a
> > of_BitwiseOr() in PFC (pfc_n_cst_numerical).
> >
> > --
> >   Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
> >   mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
> >
> >   Vote for your favorite tools!
> >   http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/
> >
> >  Mine are:
> >    - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
> >    - PowerJ
> >    - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
> >    - Power Designer V7
>


0
Roy
3/2/2000 1:27:31 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

&& In Generated Javascript Becomes &amp;&amp;
I am trying to write client side scripts in c#, asp.net V 1.4. The && operator is generated in the javascript as &amp;amp;, which causes errors.  How can I avoid this? (Code below)  Thanks in advance.   script = "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>\n"; script += "if (Form1." + tbxA.ClientID + ".value == '' && "; script += "Form1." + tbxB.ClientID + ".value == '') {"; script += "Form1." + cbxC.ClientID + ".Checked = false;}"; ...

& where shown as &amp;
hai,     At runtime i will add values from textbox to datagrid using datatables.what my problem was , when i add as he & she in textbox it show as he &amps; she in the grid.how to solve this. Thanks in advance   cool.mugil:    At runtime i will add values from textbox to datagrid using datatables.what my problem was , when i add as he & she in textbox it show as he &amps; she in the grid.how to solve this.  Make sure you are not HTML encoding the input values.  Hai,    How to do stop html enc...

Replacement of & , &amp;
I was trying this java script inside a mozilla extension but the browser shows me error this.replace(/&/g,'&amp;').replace(/</g,'&lt;').replace(/>/g,'&gt;'); XML Parsing Error: not well-formed at replace(/&/g,'&amp;') Any thoughts ? Thanks On Fri, 30 May 2008 10:26:19 -0700 (PDT), sb wrote: > I was trying this java script inside a mozilla extension but the > browser shows me error > this.replace(/&/g,'&amp;').replace(/</g,'&lt;').replace(/>/g,'&gt;'); > ...

Convert &amp; to &
I have a Gridview that is populated by the 3 different users from selections made in a prior Form.  This gridview summarizes everything.  I then step through this Gridview and write the data to a history file on SQL. The problem I am having is, one column in this Gridview is a name column which contains the "&" symbol.  When I iterate the Gridview and populate the history file the & becomes &amp;.  I can't seem to figure out how to convert this properly.  Both data fields are nvarchar type.  Please help anyone. This is the code to tak...

&amp; instead of &
I have gridview with the following code on row commandDim row As GridViewRow = gvBusinessLines.Rows(e.CommandArgument)txtBusinessLine.Text = CStr(row.Cells(1).Text) ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' When I have this text in gridview for example:"test & test2", when clicking on the button of the gridview, textbox is containing test &amp; test2How to avoide this other than re...

&, &&, and backtracking.
------=_Part_20601_33098141.1189046184291 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline How do C<&> and C<&&> differ with respect to backtracking? For instance, "foobar" ~~ / <[a..z]>+ & [ ... ] /; Both sides of the C<&> happen in parallel, so I would guess that they both match "foo" then stop. Please correct me if that's wrong. Were we using the procedural conjunction: "foobar" ~~ / <[a..z]>+ && [ ... ] /; I would gues...

If & =&amp; in xml then { or }= what?
Hi frnds, some problem when using xml & is not compatible in xml file so we replace & with &amp;    like that i want to know what the characters which are not compatible with xml syntax for example when i m using { or } in xml file then its shwoing error msg. if anyone knows the soln then plz reply me. Thanks in advance.Regards,Hasan Mohiuddin Farooqihasan_farooqi@yahoo.co.in Hi Dear,Please find the Table. It contains the all special character list... quot " U+0022 (34) HTML 2.0 HTMLspecial ISOnum quotation mark (= APL quote) amp &am...

& turning to &amp;
I'm doing an operation reformat and trying to use the & in a text box. In the trace it looks ok in the policy, but when it gets to the actual xml value it turns into this: <modify-attr attr-name="EG"> <remove-all-values/> <add-value> <value>&amp;</value> </add-value> </modify-attr> Can I fix this in policy builder or by escaping the character somehow? Or do I need a stylesheet to fix the problem? -- nate_spears ------------------------------------------------------------------------ It isn't a p...

Kfarbair.com
Name: LeceHoigree Email: 101atmanga-kenseidotcom Product: eBay Companion Summary: Kfarbair.com - &#1489;&#1497;&#1514; &#1502;&#1500;&#1493;&#1503; &#1499;&#1508;&#1512;&#1497; & &#1495;&#1491;&#1512;&#1497;&#1501; &#1502;&#1512;&#1493;&#1493;&#1495;&#1497;&#1501; & &#1499;&#1508;&#1512; &#1489;&#1506;&#1497;&#1512; Comments: <a href=http://www.kfarbair.com><img>http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg</img></a> ...

What the *$&@)%#(&!!???
Ok, a little off topic but I need help ASAP. I installed a mapping program this morning and ever since then, my computer has been going nuts. My IIS wouldn't work anymore...it wouldn't show any of my virtual directories...said there were none to manage. I re-installed that and it works now. *i think* Then I tried to browse to one of my local sites ... such as http://localhost/somesite, or http://localhost/dotnetnuke, etc. None of them work! They all point to the correct folders and have the default.aspx at the top of the documents list. All I get is a blank white page when I browse t...

and, or, &&, ||
Hello! I remember someone mentioning that there may be a precedence problem with "unexpected results" during a mathematical conditional test, using the keywords "and" and "or"...instead of the symbols (&& and ||). Is this true? Can anyone give me an example? Thanks much! cl __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Get email alerts & NEW webcam video instant messaging with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Christine Lenda wrote: > I remember someone mentioning that there may b...

&&
Hi all=2C I have some arrays and like to trigger some events depending on which = array or combination of arrays contains data=2E What I tried was = something like=3A snippet if(=40dates =26=26 !=40themes =26=26 !=40cities) =7B =23do something with the data in =40dates =7D elsif(!=40dates =26=26 =40themes =26=26 !=40cities) =7B =23do somthing with =40themes =7D =2E=2E=2E Alas! I doesn=27t work=2E Using =22and=22 instead of =22=26=26=22 doesn=27= t help either=2E Or do I have to use =22=26=22 instead=2E Although it doesn=27t work eithe= r=2E = instead = ...

&amp;
C:\Program Files\ASP.NET Starter Kits\ASP.NET Portal (VBSDK)\PortalVBSDK\admin\Cardholders.aspx(174) : error BC30451: Name 'amp' is not declared.            __output.Write(Global.GetApplicationPath(Request) &amp; "/ASPNETPortal.css")                                                   ...

@#%&*!@+%$&@
Name: Rick Kimmel Email: rick_kimmelatbellsouthdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: @#%&*!@+%$&@ Comments: Since I downloaded the latest Firefox version, every time I open it I'm assailed with a prompt telling me I need some kind of goddamned Registry Defender and it pisses me off! I already have registry software and it was free, thank you and I don't need yours. I'm looking around to find a new browser since Mozilla seems to have gone to Hell! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.8) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 (.NET CL...

Web resources about - PB missing bit-wise or(||) and and(&&)? - sybase.powerscript

Resources last updated: 11/29/2015 3:57:27 AM