MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP!

Hi all,

I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder 6.5
without any success (Using PB7 it works fine!). I get the following message:

SQLSTATE = S1003
[Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area

when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get
this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db - it
displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and also
pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message.

FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC.

Has anyone encountered this before? Please help me! I need this for a big
project that needs to be coded in PB6.5 not 7!

Thanks,
Kat

0
kat

Hey,

If you click test connection on the preview tab of your DbProfile, does pb
connect succesfully? If the test connection works just fine, then maybe
somethings wrong with your coding? If the test connection doesn't work, then
maybe your connection settings are wrong. If it still doesn't work, try
connect threw pb native driver. Does that work?

A lot of questions I know, but maybe we can get this solved this way...

Greets,
davy

PS: I don't have my pb books with me. But if you have them, you can look up
the error code-message. And then look up more detailed info.

"kat" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:AV4GZaw1BHA.206@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder
6.5
> without any success (Using PB7 it works fine!). I get the following
message:

> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area
>
> when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get
> this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db -
it
> displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and
also
> pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message.
>
> FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before? Please help me! I need this for a big
> project that needs to be coded in PB6.5 not 7!
>
> Thanks,
> Kat

0
De
3/29/2002 9:57:16 AM
Try the patch to PB 6.5.1.

If the problem still exists then make sure the appropriate sections for
Access in PBODB070.ini also exist verbatim in PBODB060.ini.

HTH

-EGM

kat <a@b.com> wrote in message news:AV4GZaw1BHA.206@forums.sybase.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to connect to any MsAccess database via Powerbuilder
6.5
> without any success (Using PB7 it works fine!). I get the following
message:

> SQLSTATE = S1003
> [Microsoft][ODBC driver] Program Type Is Out Of Area
>
> when i try to access the database painter i get this message. I also get
> this when I open DB Administrator and type in a select to the Access db -
it
> displays the labels of the columns, but does not retrieve anything and
also
> pops- up the aforementioned "Program Type Is Out Of Area" message.
>
> FYI, I have MSAccess 97 installed on my PC.
>
> Has anyone encountered this before? Please help me! I need this for a big
> project that needs to be coded in PB6.5 not 7!
>
> Thanks,
> Kat

0
Edward

MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP! ---UPDATE
Hmm... In addition to my previous message, I tried to connect to MSAccess in PB 7 and it worked fine, so I assume this is a PB6.5 BUUUUUUUUUUUG! does this ring a bell to anyone? I need to do my coding in PB 6.5 thanks again brad schatz loves buuuuuuuuuuug ...

Please Help !!! Problems with displaying data for aspDataGrid from MS Access
I have asked my instructors, and searched websites for expamles of displaying a asp datagrid with using a sql query. I am using a sql select from where statement to display data in a grid but an erorr page shows up when I try to display it.  here is a link to my program http://152.8.130.114/waltersj/Project/entertainment.aspx I think the problem is in this portion of my code. The program is supposed to allow the user to select a state from a dropdownlist and display columns with the matching state.          // Read a database and return the DataView         function GetData() : ICollection          {            var set : DataSet = new DataSet();                    // establish a connection, and query the database            var dataBaseConnection: OleDbConnection = new                OleDbConnection( ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings(               "ConnectionString" ) );                      &n...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Pleas Help MS Access Problem
Hi all, I made a simple page that uses a datagrid control that gets some data from the northwind database and it works cool but when i try to update, Insert, Delete any value from the database from the same page with the same opened connection it keeps saying "Must Use An Updatable Query" nad throw Exceptions and all these bad stuff. ----The Code---- using System; using System.Data.OleDb; // This namespace has all the database utilities namespace HGH { /// <summary> /// This class is responsible for connecting to the database /// </summa...

access database problem
Greetings, I know this is a known issue as i've read numerous people having the same problem on the Internet. This is my problem: I have a webpage that reads a value from a sql server database. This value is the location of an .MDB access database. Once read, it populates a variable. On this page, i can click a link and the next page will connect to the MDB via the variable as the pathname. The code is as follows: dim strCon as string = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;data source=" & strEsmURL dim objCon as new Ole...

Help - PostBack problem
Hi all, I am working on a project using ASP.NET(C#), MS Access database. I have 3 drop-down lists. 1. Gets all department codes from databases on Page_Load 2. Gets all Course Numbers the selected department (from step 1 above) offers 3. gets all sections for a course number and department code (from steps 1 and 2 above) The entire code is available here (http://students.csci.unt.edu/~syed/code.htm) to view My problems are: Step 1 is OK. In step 2, I am able to get all course number to populate my dropdownlist, but it wouldn't allow me to select a course number. Alw...

Problem in accessing the database.. please help!!
Hi There !! CAn you please help me to solve my probelm and i will appreciate it if you help me. I installed SQL server on my machine and i installed tables in a database called "otters" when i run the application, i got an error message on the browser as shown below although in the application it says that it recognise the source of the dastabase. CAn you please help me to sort out tis problem and please try to look back to this thread after givingf me the soultion as it might not work and i need more assistant. I really, appreciate your help and thank you in advance. Please re...

Please help!!! Permission problem in Access
Hi, I am using Accesss database to connect to the asp.net page. I am using Windows XP. And am trying to run a simple select Query when it gives me this error. "<DatabaseName> it is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data " Please help me fast I need to give presestation tomorrow ::;HighOnCodingWanna get high! check if this helps ***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

PLEASE HELP!! Need to access a database that has no user accounts..PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I am a data conversion programmer working to convert the data in a SQL Anywhere Database Ver.5.5.4.(running locally on the same machine where the client app. runs) to another brand database. Right now the only way I can extract the data is through the client Applications which has the database user id/password embedded in to it, but they don't provide all the fields I need. I want to extract some additional columns by connecting to the database using Interactive SQL, but I don't know any user account details(I can't ask the vendor). I have tried the default dba/sql...

Please Help on my problems please
Hi, May i know how to refresh my gridview whenever i click on dropdown list?   It depends on your scenario.The easiest solution would be to enable autopostback of the dropdown control. Regards,PrashantDont forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. Hi Loon.Well prashant kumar has given idear but one more thing you can do it in the SelectedIndexChaged event of the DropDownList.Just re-Bind your GridView on  DropDownList's  SelectedIndexChaged event protected void DropDownList1_SelectedIndexChanged{    //Rebind GridView&n...

Help! Please Help! Problem!
Please help me! I am a new user (this is my first post, just made account for this problem) and I got Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express yesterday, installed it, and made a few pages. Well, I don't know how to publish it and I really want to. Please help!   Edit: Also, I don't know if I posted this in the right spot, so sorry if I did! Help please! I really need help! VWD Express does not have the Publish Website Tool. To publish your website in VWD you would use Copy Web Site under 'Website' in the main menu. With your site open in VWD, click Website>C...

Please help, PB8 connected to MS-ACCESS ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 My background is from vb,vfp Would you mind to guide me, "step by step" ? It 'd drove me crazy in a week I 'd prapare the MS-ACCESS database format 97, 2000 & XP. Please tell what should I do to connected & the real problem is it is read-only ? Let me said : table named customer (custno, custname, address) I'd set "custno" to primary key then I open pb and connected it by odbc (I just used the default setting). then I open database profile and makes the connection. When I clciked Connect, It occur message "Catalog table could not be crerated and are not available for use" then I clicked [OK], but in database painter I could seen all the table in my database. then I created dw and in it's result in grid. as we know the behaviour, when the result is read-only, there is no pointer (the background is black) generally when is editable result is : blue background (Note : I know this, because I can do it well by connected to MS-SQLSERVER 7.0) please advice & tell me how to make it Steven Sorry... i hv a stupid question... r u sure the access file is not read-only protected? "steven" <stvhui@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MZNcRVl#BHA.131@forums.sybase.com... > Hello to you, > I'm newbie in pb world, using pb8 > My background is from vb,vfp > > Would you mind to guide me, "...

Need help please On Access Database Problem
The code is below and here is the problem, any help would be appreciated greatly.. Basically I have a access database that has a table called bidders, in this table is a field called number. This field is a primary key with no duplicates. You can see by the code that I am selecting the top one in desc order then adding 1 to it to get the next number. That parts works fine. Now here is the kicker, in this bidder table there is 3 bidders listed so the next number pops up as 4, well this person has always had bidder number 188 so they go in and reqister bidder number 188 well guess what...

[...]

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

Please help, Connect to MS-ACCESS goes read-only?
[...]

Help with script for accessing MS Access
I have an MS Acess 2002 database that has two tables: Article & Keyword Under Article, there's an ArticleID field that is tied to the name of an Article and file name Under Keyword, there's Keyword field that has keywords and then it's tied to an ArticleID field that ties it to the ArticleID field in the Article table. Basically, you have an article title name that has a bunch of keywords tied to that article (ID). I have the actual article stored in an ASPX file. Now, I need to have a search box so people can type in a keyword and respective articles will come up. This is wh...

from MS Access to MS SQL help!
hi there, i have a website that runs off of MS access, but i feel its time it is out growing it, so i want to move everything to MS SQL, how can i convert my DB (there is about 18 tables, data is not important) and then can i just switch over my data sources on my pages by adding in a line or two of code or do they all require re doing?   JezJeremy HusonSenior Network EngineerCarden Computers - PC Repair Brighton Give the new Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Access a spin: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/default.mspx...

Please help!. Is MS Access database appropriate for my intranet application?.
Hi, Programming is not my main job duty, but I'm learning to write a simple application in ASP.NET and considering to write an intranet web application for my department to maintain a list of 500 projects and various data (i.e., project info., duration, milestones, etc.), so I'm thinking of using MS Access database for my project but I'm not sure whether it's appropriate and stable or not. Here is my project specs: - A single database would consist of approximately 1,000 rows of records and 20 fields (columns). - About 100 people will access this webpage thru out...

Problem Accessing Hotmail from Firefox Browser, help needed please.
Help, I am new to this and untechnical. Please excuse me if I am in the wrong place, but please direct me to the right place. I am sending this from my Compose window, which came up automatically. I hope I get a reply to my Thunderbird's In box, otherwise I will not know where to look. Now the problems. I have just come over from Internet Explorer and am frustrated at not being able to use my Hotmail email accounts which I previously accessed on the web via this Email programme. Whilst unsuccessfully trying to find out what I needed to do to use Hotmail's Ri...

Web resources about - MS ACCESS Problem PLEASE HELP! - sybase.powerscript

VW execs didn't think diesel problem would be so serious
... , Emissions , Diesel Volkswagen admits that Martin Winterkorn received at least two memos advising him about the diesel emissions problem well ...

How to fix Windows 10's most annoying problems
... months now, and while it’s still not the perfect, most polished operating system there is, Microsoft has at least fixed a lot of the problems ...

Marco Rubio Has a Second Amendment Problem
... in 1999, he voted to ban guns from local parks. Now, politicians make mistakes. And honest politicians “fess up” and move on. Rubio's problem ...

The Democratic Party, Donald Trump & the 2016 Turnout Problem
... On the other hand, Republican turnout is way up. (Data in a moment.) There are at least three factors at play here, and one very large problem. ...

The US Air Force is willing to spend $738 million to solve one of America's biggest rocket problems
For the last decade, Russian-made engines have been propelling US national security satellites into space. While this has proven to be a good ...

Citron: This is Tesla’s big problem
Shares of Tesla Motors will have a hard time going higher because of this, Citron's Andrew Left says.

South Dakota GOP Governor Has No Problem With Boys in Girls’ Locker Rooms
Remarkably, the governor justified his veto by claiming the bill would undermine local control and “impose statewide standards.”

John McAfee says he'll have 'no problem' becoming president
... vying for the White House. The antivirus millionaire has been talking up his chances with US News and believes that he'll have "no problem" ...

The Supreme Court’s Test For Abortion Laws Is A Poorly Defined Math Problem
... It’s something that prevents a “large fraction” of women from having an abortion. And what’s a “large fraction”? Well, there’s the problem. ...