Make Enter Key As TAB Key

Hi,

I would like to disable the Enter Key.  If the user press the EnterKey I
would like it to behave like a TAB key.

Any example code would be helpful

Thanks

EJ

0
EJ

Please refrain from crossposting. See response in your other post to general

/ck

"EJ Chew" <admin@cyberoffice.com.sg> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to disable the Enter Key.  If the user press the EnterKey I
> would like it to behave like a TAB key.
>
> Any example code would be helpful
>
> Thanks
>
> EJ

0
Chris

how to make the enter key as tab key in Single line edit
Hi, I would like to know how to make the enter key as tab key in Single line edit control? I am able to create this in datawindow but i am not getting this in other controls. In datawindow I can do this code to make the enter key to work. Send(Handle(THIS),256,9,Long(0,0)) return 1 Any ideas about other controls. Please let me know. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

How to make Enter key act like Tab key in gridview.
I need to be able to make tthe Enter key act like a tab key in a gridview. I have found a function code that is supposed to be put in the Head section but I don't have a head section, I am using master pages so I don't know where to place it to make it work. Here is the function I think will do what I want: onkeydown="javascript:if(event.charCode==13){event.charCode=9;}; How do I implement this? Thanks for any help. Hi,you can get the answer at the following link its the same :http://forums.asp.net/t/1411320.aspx Always "Mark as Answer" the Post That Solves th...

How to make Enter key behave like Tab key when navigating in a datawindow
My users require that pressing Enter key to move cursor to next field like in MS Access app. I managed to send Tab using Win API. However, Tab key sent this way behaves differently as pressing Tab directly. For example, after inserting a row without moving cursor to it, pressing Enter to send Tab key moves the cursor to that row, while pressing keyboard Tab moves to next field. I tried to send Tab key first, and then insert a row, it works for the current row, but after that, when pressing Enter, the cursor moves to the new row again. Is there a way to solve the problem? Ple...

Keys, keys,keys...
Just installed PGP 6.5.8 and all is running fine, so far :-) Question: When I opened the PGP Keys window for the first time, apart from the *Create Key* wizard, there are about 50 odd keys belonging to various and sundry at NAI. Were these supplied for a purpose or only for illustration? Is there any reason they could not or should no be deleted? Question 2: I sent someone an encrypted test message using that person's public key. It went off fine except, I am left with only the encrypted eMail. What setting should I change in order for my eMail client (Outlook 2000) ...

how to make enter key act like tab key for webform apps
Hi, we want to act in a webform app on enter key like it would be the tab key how can we do this ? M TIA Heino Hellmers You would need to do this with Javascript. I did a web search and found a link that shows how to make the browser trap and ignore the enter key. Presumably you could modify it to do a SetItem to the next column in the DataWindow. http://www.felgall.com/jstip43.htm Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 21 Apr 2007 13:49:37 -0700, "Heino Hellmers" <heino@hellmers.com> wrote: >Hi, > >we want to act in a webform app on enter ...

Enter key / Tab key
Right now if a user hit the enter key it does a refresh on the page instead I would like the enter key to be replace by a tab key so that the focus would move on to the next field. Is this possible? Thanks yes you will probalby need to write some javascript to get this to work. The login screen on the following page is an example of what you are looking to do. When you type in the user name and hit enter the cursor move to the password box. if you hit enter when the cursor is in the password then you will submit. You should be able to find the javascript you need in this page ...

Enter key = Tab key
I have a form with many textboxes, and my users seem to like using the enter key to go to the next text box rather than using the tab key. I have code to disable the enter key, but was wondering if anyone has sample code to make the enter key act as a tab key if a textbox has focus? Thanks....

How to make the Enter key act as the Tab key in PB 11 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I am using PowerBuilder 11 build 6525 to develop a .NET Web Forms application. I would like to make the Enter key behave like the Tab key for our end users to input data (in DataWindow and EditMask controls) inside this application. I have found that in JavaScript, something like the following code can achieve what we want: if (event.keyCode==13) {event.keyCode=9; return event.keyCode;} N.B. Enter key has the keyCode 13 while Tab key has the keyCode 9. However, it seems that all the key press related events (such as "pbm_dwnprocessenter" and &quo...

How to Substitute TAB key with ENTER key?
Hi all, How to Substitute TAB key with ENTER key? in Datawindow with tabular style? THX for all your help...:) See http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=44003 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com Home of PB Link - The FREE PowerBuilder to Palm Interface In u_dw Create a user event with Event ID: pbm_dwnprocessenter In that user event put the following code: IF ib_easykeys THEN Send(Handle(This), 256, 9, Long(0,0)) RETURN 1 END IF Regards Stoyan "ebr" <ebr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:1103_1047347307@forums.syb...

How to replace tab key with enter key
Hi, Is there anyway to replace tab key,jump to another control, with enter key. I mean when user is on textbox and press enter key she will jump to second control ( second textbox whatever ) Thanks in advance Darko you'll need a screwdriver and some glue. pop the enter key upward and to the right. pop the shift key up and to the left. swap and glue. ;) theres no legit way of changing form behavior unless you start listening for key strokes, cancelling their functionality and replacing it with your own.Ask yourself: Do I honestly understand the difference between ser...

Replace Enter Key by Tab Key
Hi, in a datawindow I want to change the behaviour of the enter key. Everytime the user presses ENTER this event shall not be executed but be replaced by the tab key. I want to change the normal behaviour, because I want to unable the customer to step through a datawindow from field to field by pressing the enter key. I found a technical documentation (44003). It says that I have to create a user event which has to correspond to pbm_dwnprocessenter. In the user event I have to place the following code: Send(Handle(this),259,9,Long(0,0)) return 1 By doing this the ENTER i...

Replace Enter Key by Tab Key
Hi, in a datawindow I want to change the behaviour of the enter key. Everytime the user presses ENTER this event shall not be executed but be replaced by the tab key. I want to change the normal behaviour, because I want to unable the customer to step through a datawindow from field to field by pressing the enter key. I found a technical documentation (44003). It says that I have to create a user event which has to correspond to pbm_dwnprocessenter. In the user event I have to place the following code: Send(Handle(this),259,9,Long(0,0)) return 1 By doing this the ENTER i...

How to use Enter key as Tab key
I would like to Know how to emulate Enter key as Tab key. I am using PB5.0 . I have a sample on my web-site u_nv_dw_advance this is a DataWindow object that allo=ws you to advance the cursor with an Entr Key. http://www.powerobjects.com/objects.htm. You can download the code and use as a sample or simply use it. -- Thanks Dean Jones, CPD Professional PowerTeam, Inc. www.powerobjects.com dean@outtech.com semsoft@ad1.vsnl.net.in wrote in article <34FC9118.1023@ad1.vsnl.net.in>... > I would like to Know how to emulate Enter key as Tab key. I am using > PB5.0 . >...

Enter Key actes as Tab Key
Hi, everyone; I think you all know this code : Send (Handle(this), 256, 9, Long(0,0)) return 1; will allow Enter Key act as Tab Key. This code worked well until now. I have a data. It has few fields, one of which is char(254). So I made it 3 times height than normal field to display all the data. In this case, when I press Tab key, it stopped on that field; when I press Enter key, it just jump over this field to the next one right way. If I reduce the height of that field to normal, Enter key just works like Tab key. This user who will use this application is piggy. ...

Web resources about - Make Enter Key As TAB Key - sybase.powerscript

Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) is the debut album of American hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan , released November 9, 1993, on Loud Records and distributed ...

SocialAppsHQ Enters Facebook Post Scheduling Fray With Social Planner
Facebook tab developer SocialAppsHQ added scheduling to its arsenal with its launch of Social Planner , which enables page administrators to ...

The Syrian Revolution enters its 10th month with more than 5000 martyrs - Facebook
‏لجان التنسيق المحلية في سوريا hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel The Syrian Revolution enters its 10th month with more than 5000 martyrs geschrieben. ...

Facebook allows users to enter a custom gender
... information on the “about” section. For U.S. English users, there will be an option for custom. For further assistance, consult the Help Center ...

FlowPlus: Add. Subtract. Enter the Flow. on the App Store on iTunes
Get FlowPlus: Add. Subtract. Enter the Flow. on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

No Entry - Enter at your own risk - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Cloakedup's photos on Flickr. Cloakedup has uploaded 2815 photos to Flickr.

French national deported after trying to enter Australia with three cans of mace
A French national&nbsp;was deported last month after trying to enter Australia carrying &quot;extremist literature&quot; and three cans of mace ...

Russia claims data from black box recorder proves downed jet did not enter Turkish airspace
Russian officials have invited British, Chinese and Indian diplomats to witness the opening of the black box of a Russian warplane downed in ...

Apple, Samsung to Enter China Payments Market
Apple Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. reached separate agreements with China UnionPay to introduce their competing mobile payments systems in ...

Burundi: We will not allow foreign troops to enter
President's spokesman says government rejects African Union decision to send in a 5,000-strong peacekeeping force.