How to get the hard disk serial number of a network drive?

I know that there is a function called 'GetVolumeInformationA' and with this
funcion, I can get the serial number of a local drive. However when I change
the local drive to network drive (say Z:) as below:
    lb_ret = GetVolumeInformationA("Z:\", VolName, Len(VolName), VolSerial,
    MCompLen, VolFlgs, VolFileSys, Len(VolFileSys))
0 instead of a proper serial number is returned as the VolSerial.  Please
advise!

Tilden Lau

0
Tin
9/16/1999 12:49:31 PM
📁 sybase.powerscript
📃 7704 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1287 Views

Doesn't the solution given for the local harddrive on wednesday work on the
network?
-Charles

--
-Charles
Over 50+ PB Tools listed and many Win APIs

0
cginzel
9/18/1999 9:41:59 PM
I've tried but a value of 0 is returned as the VolSerial.
Tilden