How to copy table from one database to another database ?

Hello to you,
I'm uisng pb8

How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer
table in (XYZ databases)

the selection row is :
select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15

Please show me the code, step by step

steven
0
steven

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:30:37 -0400, steven wrote:

>Hello to you,
>I'm uisng pb8
>
>How to copy some rows from customer table in (ABC database) to customer
>table in (XYZ databases)
>
>the selection row is :
>select * from customer where startdate = 2002-06-15
>
>Please show me the code, step by step

Steven,

Which DBMS?  Are the databases on the same server?

In some cases you can just qualify the tables with database.owner

insert into database_b.dba.customer (select * from customer where
startdate = 2002-06-15)

If that doesn't work you can use a pipeline object.

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris

copying tables from one database to another database
i am using visual web developer 2005 and SQL Express 2005 with VB  as the code behindi have two databases . i want to copy all the tables with all the contents from one database to another database programaticallyhow to achieve this ?please help me  easiest way is to use the detach - attach method or backup and restoreKH...

How to copy a table from one database to another database ?
Hello to you, I'm newbie using pb8.02 I'm uisng ms-access 2000 I'd database abc & xyz that contains customer table I want to copy some record on abc.customer to xyz.customer How ? What is the easy way ? should I using datawindow ? (i meant should I always had dw to got this purpose ? ) please advice steven DataWindow purists will flinch, but I think an embedded SQL INSERT INTO xyz.customer (SELECT ... FROM abc.customer) is the clearest way to do that. Two datawindows/datastores, retrieve the first, RowsCopy, Update on the second will also work. Pi...

import one table from one database to another database
if i have one table from database A, and i want to copy the table to database B, then how to do it in SQL server management studio express? is it i have to make sql query?Taj FreewarezNo limitations...It is not a shareware...It is simply free :)http://tajfreeware.blogspot.com try      select * into databaseB.dbo.TableA            from databaseA.dbo.TableA or go to database B and run   select * into TableA              from databaseA.dbo.TableA...

copy of table from another database into your database
We copy a table from a progress database into our sql server database that we use as a read-only table.  We perform this action through a job. Is there a way to have a read only table from another database that is put into your database that will always be insinc with the original copy to use as a read only copy, that as the original table is updated, it will proprogate to your copied table? Would setting up a package to import the data from the other database on a schedule work?  In SQL Server, you can do an import and you have the option to save the import as a package and sch...

Copying Database table to another Database
I am using Visual Studio 2005 to connect to a database on a remote SQL2000 server.  I need to copy a table in a database on my local machine up to the server.  How can I do that? Thank you, Do you have enterprise manager or sql management studio?If so do use the Import/Export wizard to copy the table from A to B. -- Sam Critchley"Wise man say 'forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - TMNTshivam.com.au no - I have Access 2007 and it is nothing like Access 2000 which made this act easy   Part of my problem is that I am using V...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

how to copy one database entries to another database
hi i have a windows based application and a web based application. the database of windows based application and web based application are same but located on different machiene. like windows based application is located on local machiene and web based databased is located on another machiene. Now my prob is that after inserting all the entries in local database i want to copy these entries to web database using my windows application on single click of the button. but i have no idea about it. how could i do this. Thanks in adwance. well you have to create a DTS id ur using sql 2000 or SSI...

Table transfer from one Database to another Database
Hi,I want to transfer one table to transfer another table using dataset and writing ASP.NET code, tables are in different databases, and databases are in different servers. I wrote the following code, the second table is empty initially; public DataSet DS1;public DataSet DS2;public SqlDataAdapter DA2; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e){ // get dataset from database1 and display in gridSqlConnection conn1 = new SqlConnection("server=(local);database=;Uid=;password="); String strSQL1 = "select * from myTable1"; SqlDataAdapter DA1 = new SqlDataAdapter(strSQL1,conn1...

how to copy one table from one database to another on different servers?
 Hello. I need to copy all of the rows in a table from a database on one server, to another existing table of the same name in a different database on a different server.  I'm trying to use a SELECT INTO statement.  Any idea how to do this?I've tried SELECT          *   INTO                  DestinationServer.dbo.DestinationDB.DestinationTableFROM             &nb...

Copying information from One table to Another from 2 different databases on one server
Can I copy accross databases e.g.: In MS SQL I can: Insert into Database2..customer select * from Database1..customer Thanks in Advance Yes you can. The syntax in Sybase is same. The syntax is the same if you are on ASE. ASA does not support that syntax. You need to use a Proxy table instead. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX http://www.eganomics.com Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm ...

Copy a table from a one database to another
Hi. I need to copy a table from one database to another with all the records the first has, but when I use the pipeline in the powerbuilder enviroment it only copy the table with no records. Is there any way to use the pipeline to append the records from a table that is in a diferent database. Any help would be apreciated. Hi, AFAIK, you can use the pipeline object to do this. One of the options of the pipeline object is 'Append'. HTH -- - Met vriendelijke groet, Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands http://ourworld.compuserve...

Copy tables from one database to another?
Hello there, Is there an easy way to copy alle tables from one database to another?I have not really tried to create tables or copy or something like that, so i dont even know if its possible?Hope some of you can help me, ----------------Regards,Jeppe Richardt Hey you could use SQL Bulkcopy:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlbulkcopy(VS.80).aspx Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue....

Copy table from one database to another
Hi, I need to create a exe, that will copy some columns from one table (present in DB1)  to another table (present in DB2). I need to do in C#. I got no idea from where to start. Can someone please help me out. Thanks in advance. I'm missing how this is Web related (Asp.Net)? Hi amp0201, You can execute this sql: SELECT * INTO TableTemp FROM Table http://www.sqlservercurry.com/2008/03/copy-table-from-one-database-to-another.html  Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they ...

How to copy a table from one database to another.
How can we copy a table from one database to another database in ASA 7. On Nov 13, 5:43=A0pm, Deepali wrote: > How can we copy a table from one database to another > database in ASA 7. you can use remote servers. Remote servers in ASA 7 can be any ODBC existing on PC. ASA 7 database which connect to remote servers and ODBC "where" connect must be on same machine, but ODBC can reference any server visible to that PC. In short, start both database on separate ASA 7 server. Create ODBC for each database. With sybase central at destination database create remote server...

Web resources about - How to copy table from one database to another database ? - sybase.powerscript

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.

Database Leak Exposes 3.3 Million 'Hello Kitty' Fans
... was accessible. Vickery told Reuters by e-mail that the company had plugged the holes he had found in three servers. But he said the database ...

Access Tons of Books, Photos, and Videos in the New York Public Library's Digital Database
... information, and materials anyone can use. Even better, all of it’s free. And the New York Public Library now offers access to a massive database ...