how can i get a reference to a nested report?

TIA
--
Savoulidis Iordanis
Athens - Greece

0
Savoulidis

Look at the online help for the GetChild ( ) and datawindowchild object
type.

Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ...

>TIA
>--
>Savoulidis Iordanis
>Athens - Greece

0
LuPowell
11/5/1998 4:30:38 PM
Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws.
Not what I need.
I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report.

0
Savoulidis
11/6/1998 8:00:46 AM
You need to use dot notation. Suppose you have datawindowcontrol dw_1 which
contains a nested report called d_report in the column col_report.

dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report
dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report.Data

The first expression returns a dwobject variable--which still doesn't work
with RowsCopy. The second expression returns a 2-D array of the nested
report information in row 1. If your nested report is in the header, use row
1, footer, use the last row, group header/footer, see Online Books
(somewhere in the Datawindow Reference). You get this data into a properly
defined (same column structure as your nested report) datastore like this:

ds_1.Object.Data = dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report.Data

Then you can use RowsCopy on the datastore.

Note: I've had quite a bit of problems accessing nested report DATA (not
properties) through dot notation. Random crashes, mostly. Good luck.

All this info is buried in the Datawindow Reference in Online Books. See the
chapter on accessing data and also the section in accessing properties that
talks about nested reports.

Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ...
>Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws.
>Not what I need.
>I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report.

0
Stephanie

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

Getting reference to nested reports
In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless the DW is a Composite. Anyone know if that has changed in PB 7/8? The limitation is still there in 7.x and 8.0. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Jim Deerkoski" <jimdeer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E4m5U0rSBHA.210@forums.sybase.com... > In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless > the DW is a Composite. > > Anyone know i...

getting the reference to a nested report
Hi, I have a tabular report (dw_list) with in the detail band a nested report (dw_nested). How can I get a reference to the nested report?? In a composite report one can do something like: datawindowchild ldwc dw_composite.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) ldwc.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ldwc.insertrow(0) ... (or one can use sharedata to fill the nested report) However, if dw_list is not a composite report, dw_list.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) DOES NOT WORK Is there a way to get the reference to the nested report?? Is the...

How can I reference to a Nested Report?
how can i have access to a nested report? I need to change its SQL in runtime. I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1 PB7.0 Win XP Thanks in advance Manuel; You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title": DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192) I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the GetChild( ) on that type of DWO! HTH Regards ... Chris <Manuel> wrote in message news:44771f...

Getting a reference/handle to nesteds reports
I have a datawindow with several nested reports. I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try and export their contents to flat text. I thought <dw_control>.getchild(<'name of nested report'>,<datawindowchild variable>) would work, but it returns a -1. I'm using PB6.5, Windows2000 Pro. It is absolutely correct and must work. Check for the correctness of 'name of nested report'. Stuart_O'_Donnell wrote: > I have a datawindow with several nested reports. > > I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try...

Getting a reference to a nested report object.
Hi guys, Anyone know a way of getting a reference to a nested report object. I almost want to do something like reportObjectDataType reportObject for i = rows to 0 step -1 reportObect = dw_main.GetItemReport('nested_report_name', rownumber) var = reportObject.value if var = 'this' then dw_main.deleteRow(i) end if next I realise that this won't work but hope it shows what I am trying to do... Could really use some help, it will be a mission to change the report to to return the rows I dont' want in the first place (belive it...

How to get reference of a nested report in a dw?
Hi, I can use GetChild() method to get reference of report in a composite dw, but it failed(return -1) to get reference of nested report in a dw. How can i get reference of a nested report in a dw? Best Regards Johnson Here is the example in powerbuilder help : In this example, dw_1 is composite report, emp_state is the name of the nested report (datawindowchild) and state_child is the reference to this datawindowchild. DataWindowChild state_child integer rtncode rtncode = dw_1.GetChild('emp_state', state_child) IF rtncode = -1 THEN MessageBox( & ...

Getting a reference to a DW in a nested report
I need to get a reference to a datawindow in a nested report. The format (dw_1.Object.rpt_1) gets me a dwObject reference. I need an actual datawindow reference. Please, no off the cuff answers (and flat out uninformed answers). TeamPS preferred. Mail or post answer (preferably both) at wmarshal@ca.coopers.com. Wade Marshall Coopers & Lybrand Consulting Edmonton, AB, Canada. Wade, There are quite a few restrictions when dealing with nested DWs. Is this a true nest (i.e., an instance per master row), or a nest inside a composite? You can get a child handle on a nest ...

How can I get the data from Nested Report, Any Clue
Hi guys, Can anybody help me to get the data from nested report in summary band. There are two rows and six columns in that nested report. I would like to access and modify that datain nested report. Does anyone here have any clue. The first report has all the details and nested report has grouping and both depends on a stored procedure to get the data. I need to access that data and modify it. I tried declaring child datawindow but that is getting whole lot of data. What i need is only those two rows and 6 columns of data. Thanks in advance Hi, How about using dot nota...

can't reference nested report
I'm using PB6.5 and i want to composite a new function to change all window control: editmask, datawindow and userobject which contain the colum, compute field, nested report with date and datetime mask from user parameter: date format 'dd/mm/yyyy' or 'mm/dd/yyyy. This is challenge to me in the part of nested report since i can't refer objects inside nested report by PB describe function, e.g. dw_1.describe(dw_column_name + '.object.datawindow.objects') where dw_column_name is column name varible which show the PB assigns it an arbitrary name e.g. '...

Can't get a handle for nested report!
i cant get a handle for dw within dw that is nested report. i am using getchild function for this. my nested report is not a external data source. what else can be the problem ? thank you in advance. jay Jay, You can only get a handle to a report on a composite report... you cannot get a handle to a nested report. -Greg -- _____________________________ Gregory R. George Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com Ascension Labs, LLC www.AscensionLabs.com jay wrote in message <01be44c3$6ad380b0$380416ac@ostergaard>... >i cant get a handle for dw within dw that is nested r...

How to use getChild() function to get the reference to a nested report?
Hi, There, I am tring to use getChild() function to get a reference to a nested report. Base dataWindow and nested report are SQL source datawindows. When this function is called, it returns -1. Any tips? Thanks. De Liu dliu@novell.com If you are not using Composite Datawindow you CAN NOT obtain handles to your report objects De Liu wrote in message <3491C53A.512D@novell.com>... >Hi, There, > >I am tring to use getChild() function to get a reference to a nested >report. Base dataWindow and nested report are SQL source datawindows. >When this function i...

How can I get all the column name in nested report at runtime?
How can I get all the column name in nested report at runtime? In article <35BFEABF.F841EAB1@public.szonline.net>, zhangyuh@public.szonline.net says... > How can I get all the column name in nested report at runtime? > > String ls_rc ls_rc = <DW Control Name>.Object.<Reportname>.DataWindow.Objects ls_rc will be populated with a tab-delimited list of all the objects in the dw object. Parse out the object names, then in a loop test each item to see if it is a column item. "<DW Control Name>.Object.<Reportname>.Object.<C...

How can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report.
hi to all, In pb7.0 examples/data windows/retrieval/refereing nested reports the example is fail. I tried the same in a composite report and it works out. My question is how can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report. Can anyone help me using the same example. All the code is in the window w_nested_reference and the commandbutton cb_ok clicked event in pb7.0 examples. Thanks in advance. ...

Web resources about - how can i get a reference to a nested report? - sybase.powerscript

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

10 hidden references to classic films in your favorite Pixar movies
... Madrid, told BuzzFeed that he noticed a ton of allusions in "Toy Story 3" and was inspired to make a video highlighting the cinematic references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi
The Force Is Strong With This Sportscaster Who Drops ‘Star Wars’ References Like A Jedi