Help for making phone calls from PB

I nedd to develop an application wich makes phone calls
automatically using a customer directory database. I have
been looking for information over the web, and I found that
usin TAPI I can work with telephone comunications.

So, I need more information using this API with PowerBuilder
8. The telepohne calls will be using normal Phone to Phone
using a toggle switch for out calls, and I don't know if the
pc's has to use modem conection to the toggle switch...

Please, send me all the information about this topic!!!!!

Andres

You probably want to look for a third party TAPI control that
PowerBuilder can work with.  Here's one example I found by just doing
a quick search of the internet:

http://www.exceletel.com/support/DevEnv/PowerBuilder/

On 16 Aug 2004 17:52:43 -0700, Andres Romero wrote:

>I nedd to develop an application wich makes phone calls
>automatically using a customer directory database. I have
>been looking for information over the web, and I found that
>usin TAPI I can work with telephone comunications.
>
>So, I need more information using this API with PowerBuilder
>8. The telepohne calls will be using normal Phone to Phone
>using a toggle switch for out calls, and I don't know if the
>pc's has to use modem conection to the toggle switch...
>
>Please, send me all the information about this topic!!!!!
>
>Thanks

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards
http://www.mobilevillage.com/awards.htm

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
8/17/2004 10:53:19 AM
You could try

PUBLIC Function LONG  tapiRequestMakeCall(string number,string
app_name,string person,string comment) Library "tapi32.dll"

It will call the number provided as argument and open the windows' dialer

See msdn for further info

HTH

Arnoud

<Andres Romero> schreef in bericht
> I nedd to develop an application wich makes phone calls
> automatically using a customer directory database. I have
> been looking for information over the web, and I found that
> usin TAPI I can work with telephone comunications.
>
> So, I need more information using this API with PowerBuilder
> 8. The telepohne calls will be using normal Phone to Phone
> using a toggle switch for out calls, and I don't know if the
> pc's has to use modem conection to the toggle switch...
>
> Please, send me all the information about this topic!!!!!
>
> Thanks

0
Arnoud
8/18/2004 11:14:31 AM
http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm

On 16 Aug 2004 17:52:43 -0700, Andres Romero wrote:

>I nedd to develop an application wich makes phone calls
>automatically using a customer directory database. I have
>been looking for information over the web, and I found that
>usin TAPI I can work with telephone comunications.
>
>So, I need more information using this API with PowerBuilder
>8. The telepohne calls will be using normal Phone to Phone
>using a toggle switch for out calls, and I don't know if the
>pc's has to use modem conection to the toggle switch...
>
>Please, send me all the information about this topic!!!!!
>
>Thanks

0
Matthew
8/18/2004 1:26:33 PM
http://www.iteloffice.com/developer.htm

"TAPI is quite complex and requires significant C programming
expertise. To cope with this complexity we wrapped up the API
complexity in a COM control which we called Cuba. You can download
this control completely free of charge. Use it as you like. The only
restriction is that you cannot resell the program."

On 18 Aug 2004 06:26:33 -0700, Matthew Chestnut <matthew_chestnut at
hotmail dot com> wrote:

>http://www.i-b-a-m.de/Andreas_Marschall's_TAPI_and_TSPI_FAQ.htm
>

>On 16 Aug 2004 17:52:43 -0700, Andres Romero wrote:
>
>>I nedd to develop an application wich makes phone calls
>>automatically using a customer directory database. I have
>>been looking for information over the web, and I found that
>>usin TAPI I can work with telephone comunications.
>>
>>So, I need more information using this API with PowerBuilder
>>8. The telepohne calls will be using normal Phone to Phone
>>using a toggle switch for out calls, and I don't know if the
>>pc's has to use modem conection to the toggle switch...
>>
>>Please, send me all the information about this topic!!!!!
>>
>>Thanks

0
Matthew