Global Variable not global?

PB 8 Evaluation (build 7039).  I have a global variable that is set in a
response window.  The response window is closed, I call a child mdi window
through a menu and the value of the global variable 0 (not what I set it
to).  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

0
Anthony

Have you ensured another variable with the same name has not been declared
elsewhere ? If so, the variable in the local scope was probably set with
your value. That's the main reason I can think of why you may not see your
updated value.

Sanjiv.

"Anthony" <anthony@forumsonly.com> wrote in message
> PB 8 Evaluation (build 7039).  I have a global variable that is set in a
> response window.  The response window is closed, I call a child mdi window
> through a menu and the value of the global variable 0 (not what I set it
> to).  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

0
Sanjiv

Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript
Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open event ), not in 'declare painter' ??? Thanks Samkola No. They need to be declared within the Global Variables painter. Ron Gallagher, CPDP Atlanta, GA rongallagher@mindspring.com samkola wrote in message <01beee19$8715d2a0$2d01a8c0@testing>... >Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function / >global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open >event ), not i...

global variable in global.asax
Hi!! Can any one point out the syntax and positioning of declaring a global variable within the global.asax file and the syntax for using within the c# code. Thanx!!...

Global variables & global functions...
Hi, Is there any problem of using global variables & global functions in PB applications? (Other than maintenance of the app, of course.) I guess what I'm trying to ask here is, Is there any performance improvement at execution time by creating & using an userobject with instance variables & object functions rather than using global variables & global functions? Any of your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeinutheen. No. There is no "noticable" difference calling a global function vs. calling an object function. Even ver...

Questions about global variables in Global.asax.cs
When creating global variables in the Global.asax.cs file for my application so that every other webform page can access them, when should I choose to 1) use the Application object as supposed to just 2) creating public properties for the Global class?For example:1) Declaration & Initialization (Global.asax.cs):   Application["File Name"] = "myFile.txt";                                   &nb...

Quickie question: Declaring a global-level variable with Global.asax
My instructor told me it might be best to create an SQL connection in global.asax instead of making new connections for every form I create. However, when I declare the variable in Session_Start, it still doesn't see the variable on the other form I have. Obviously there is something I'm not getting here. So my question might sound trite, but I simply need to create an SQL connection variable that can be accessed from any of my .aspx pages. Any takers? Your professor does not understand ASP.NET and connection pooling. Creating a single connection in Global.asax and using it on ...

Questions: Global Connection String, Global Mail Server Variables
Hello everyone, I Recently had the misfortune of having my server crash. I am currently transferring all the websites off the hard drive onto another server. My Question: Where can I store global variables for websites such as a connection string or mail server? I will be going through all the websites and updating all the connection strings in my aspx pages (the sql server has moved).  Also I will be updating all forms that send SMTP mail messages. (the mail server has moved, and it is not localhost).  I probably have to update 100+ pages so since I am goi...

Can I create global session and app variables in Global.asax
Just wondering how I can use the Global.asax file. I wondered if I could put all my session and app variables in one place and would this be the way to do it. Code sample appreciated. There are some details on working with the Global class in this article, as well as some additional links and resources. Scotthttp://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/...

Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net and how to use ??
Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net  C#.netand how to use ??thaxhttp://developersaspdotnet.blogspot.com/ If you want to have them available for the life of the asp.net web server, you can store them in the applicaiton colleciton Application["MyVar1"] = "This Hangs On Until the Server Resets"; HTH's.Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET plz make me clear how we can use session in protected void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) {} event in global file t...

Global variables / special variables / variable identifier with just one character
Expected error message: "Global symbol "$b" requires explicit package name". However, I get result: "test". I've checked the special variables and it looks like $b is one of these. use warnings; use strict; zzz ($b); print "$b\n"; sub zzz{ $_[0] = "test"; } Does it mean - that in general - we should not use one character variables in Perl? thanks adam ------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C4ADBA.05A29580 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable "Adam" &l...

What after global economy?
<q> Der britische Premierminister Gordon Brown will die G 20 langfristig zu einer Weltwirtschaftsregierung formen </q> http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article4587000/Brown-will-mit-G-20-die-Wir tschaft-global-regieren.html So if you live in a country outside G20 group your country won't count anymore. Argentina Australia Brazil Canada China France Germany India Indonesia Italy Japan Mexico Russia Saudi Arabia South Africa South Korea Turkey United Kingdom United States The 20th member is the European Union, which is represented by the rotating Co...

Global variable
Hi All, Is there a way by which I can store a variable (like in session) which is available across multiple windows (firefox windows) in xul/js shankernayak@gmail.com schreef: > Hi All, > Is there a way by which I can store a variable (like in session) which > is available across multiple windows (firefox windows) in xul/js pass it as an argument when opening the new window, or store it in a cookie. jef On Aug 29, 9:41 pm, jef peeraer <jefdotpeeraer@telenetdotbe> wrote: > shankerna...@gmail.com schreef:> Hi All, > > Is there a way by which I can st...

global variable vs local variable
hi all, i have a scenario like function is called more than 1000 times.in that function i declared a varible and assigning a value .i felt like declare a global varible use it in that function and assign value.which is best.please tell me in performance point of view. thanks in advance  Hai Good Morning you have call  the function  more than 1000 times Better use Global variables, so you can call the function, anywhere.. it has good performance.suppose it you want assign different values to the variables , whenever the function has been called for that use local ...

Module Globalization: How we globalized magicChat.
Module Globalization: How we globalized magicChat. When we released our DNN chat module: magicChat, we had no idea how many folks would visit us from around the world. Each had the same question: Can this be translated into our language? Within a few days of release we knew that we had a job on our hands. This post shares with the community how we accomplished this overly daunting task fairly easily with little or no impact on preformance or maintainence. This method can be replicated for nearly every module out there. magicChat is not your typical module; it not only relies on the ...

global variables?
Hi, Using my default.aspx page_load method I read a connection string from the web.config. I would like to use that string in other event handlers too (maybe after some postbacks). Is there something like a global variable to store that string? What is the best practice for problems like this? Thx! W.      Read it when you need it, or store it in Session...

Web resources about - Global Variable not global? - sybase.powerscript

AD/CVD ruling and overseas capacity expansions are variables to the current PV boom, says EnergyTrend ...
China's National Reform and Development Commission has announced that there will be no significant reduction in feed-in tariff (FiT) rates for ...