Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript

Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function /
global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open
event ), not in 'declare painter'  ???

Thanks
Samkola
0
samkola

No.  They need to be declared within the Global Variables painter.

Ron Gallagher, CPDP
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@mindspring.com

samkola wrote in message <01beee19$8715d2a0$2d01a8c0@testing>...
>Does anyone can tell me, can I declare the global external function /
>global Variables by PowerScript ( such as, within the application's open
>event ), not in 'declare painter'  ???
>
>Thanks
>Samkola

0
Ron

Global variables & global functions...
Hi, Is there any problem of using global variables & global functions in PB applications? (Other than maintenance of the app, of course.) I guess what I'm trying to ask here is, Is there any performance improvement at execution time by creating & using an userobject with instance variables & object functions rather than using global variables & global functions? Any of your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeinutheen. No. There is no "noticable" difference calling a global function vs. calling an object function. Even ver...

Global Variable not global?
PB 8 Evaluation (build 7039). I have a global variable that is set in a response window. The response window is closed, I call a child mdi window through a menu and the value of the global variable 0 (not what I set it to). Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Have you ensured another variable with the same name has not been declared elsewhere ? If so, the variable in the local scope was probably set with your value. That's the main reason I can think of why you may not see your updated value. Sanjiv. "Anthony" <anthony@forumsonly.com> wrote i...

Having problems declaring external global function
Anybody have any problems declaring external functions? I want to get the user's login name so I wanted to declare the GetUserNameA API call, but I keep getting a syntax error. FUNCTION long GetUserNameA(ref string user, ref long size) LIBRARY "advapi32.dll" Finally, I tried pasting a function straight out of the PB Help file: FUNCTION boolean sndPlaySoundA (string SoundName, uint Flags) LIBRARY "WINMM.DLL" and I'm still getting a syntax error. I'm using PB 7.0.2 on NT4sp5 Anybody know where I forgot to cross a "t" or dot an &qu...

Global functions vs global userobject functions
Working with PB 7, I often ask myself what is the good way. My applications has one global instance of a userobject u_function and use also global functions. In some case, the choice of where to put a new function is evident. When I could need the function in dw expression, there are global, when I need to call functions with different parameters, they are userobject functions. But, the other functions ? Where is the best place for them ? Global or in the userobject ? I thnik u can go for Global functions Since u have in need in DW expression also. I think Overload wi...

Quickie question: Declaring a global-level variable with Global.asax
My instructor told me it might be best to create an SQL connection in global.asax instead of making new connections for every form I create. However, when I declare the variable in Session_Start, it still doesn't see the variable on the other form I have. Obviously there is something I'm not getting here. So my question might sound trite, but I simply need to create an SQL connection variable that can be accessed from any of my .aspx pages. Any takers? Your professor does not understand ASP.NET and connection pooling. Creating a single connection in Global.asax and using it on ...

Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net and how to use ??
Where can we declare global variables in Global file in asp.net  C#.netand how to use ??thaxhttp://developersaspdotnet.blogspot.com/ If you want to have them available for the life of the asp.net web server, you can store them in the applicaiton colleciton Application["MyVar1"] = "This Hangs On Until the Server Resets"; HTH's.Peter Kellnerhttp://73rdstreet.com and blogging athttp://PeterKellner.netMVP, ASP.NET plz make me clear how we can use session in protected void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) {} event in global file t...

global variable in global.asax
Hi!! Can any one point out the syntax and positioning of declaring a global variable within the global.asax file and the syntax for using within the c# code. Thanx!!...

All Global External Function declarations cause syntax error in PowerBuilder 7
All Global External Function declarations cause syntax errors in PowerBuilder 7 with no description whatsoever. Does anyone know what causes this? (I'm using the desktop version) Has anyone successfully made external function calls in PowerBuilder 7? You can email me at reynolds@fincad.com Sybase claims that the external function calls can be added to any script window (painter). Is this really true? Is there an alternate place they can be declared? I am amazed that PowerBuilder 7 is actually worse than version 5. I didn't think that was possible. Th...

Declaring a variable as global
How do I declare a variable that is made available to all forms please I cannot see an example in the help files Cheers SteveW In the declaration tab, in the top middle of the window there will be another pull down. Here you can specify global variables (as well as instance variables.) HTH, chance. "SteveW" <Stevewarby@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:46c45019$1@forums-1-dub... > How do I declare a variable that is made available to all forms please > > I cannot see an example in the help files > > Cheers > > SteveW ...

global declaration of variables
Hi all, As i'm new to asp.net,kindly help me in the following problem. I want to declare a global variable to make use of it in mutliple webforms. Currently i declared in global.asax file at Sub Session_Start. Is this the standard way of declaring a global variable. Please advice. Thanks in advance, ragyari. Hello, Unique to the user? Use a session variable. BrianBrian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). Right, or a truly...

Global External Function
How do you declare a global external function Found solution. Any response on the memory leak? What memory leak do you mean? <A.Das> wrote in message news:434ab3ff.340e.1681692777@sybase.com... > Found solution. > Any response on the memory leak? Please refer to the article I posted few days back titled Memory Leak Perhaps you should post to that thread so that that link is obvious. /ck <A.Das> wrote in message news:434abc42.348e.1681692777@sybase.com... > Please refer to the article I posted few days back titled > Memory Leak ...

declaring global variables
Partial Class _Default    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Private nvers As Integer    Private nid As Integer    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load        If Not IsPostBack Then             nid = 0        End If    End Sub     Protected Sub NewVer_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles NewVer...

how/where to declare global variables?
like how we use Modules in VB6 and Excel VBA? i.e. just create a module and declare variables or make Subs there for all of the forms to use. How is this done with asp.net 2.0?thanks in advance  You can use global.asax file for that. im a newb.  so global.asax is like this: Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) ' Code that runs on application startup 'lets say i do the following code, how do i access them in my aspx pages? Dim MyGlobalVariable as String MyGlobalVariable = "This is my global variable"   End Sub   Sub Application_...

Declaration of global variable!
Hi where to declare global variable in VB using ASP.NET 2.0 Hi,You can use session as global variable. Just assign values in session and retrieve where u need.session("myValue") = "Your Value" Dim s as Strings =  session("myValue") Mehedi HasanMark as answer if the post meets your requirement!   abdulmg:global variable in VB using ASP.NET 2.0its better to use Session Objects for Global Variables...you can define Global Variables in Session as...Session["MyData"] = dsDataSet //....dsDataSet is a DataSet...Session["CurrentUse...

Web resources about - Declaring Global Variables and Global External Function By PowerScript - sybase.powerscript

Component Object Model - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Component Object Model ( COM ) is a binary-interface standard for software componentry introduced by Microsoft in 1993. It is used to enable ...

Aivosto - Analyze, Document and Flowchart Source Code
Programming tools for software developers. Visustin - Flow chart generator. Project Analyzer - VB code review and optimization.

FilmMakers.com Film Store - Books / Video / Lighting
Home Page Contests Indies Features News Resource Links Advertise With Us Film Makers .com Film Store - Video / Camcorders Digital and Video Editing ...

directzzt - ZZT recreation in .Net, using DirectX and great extensibility - Google Project Hosting
This project aims at building ZZT, offering great new features in terms of gameplay, scripting, all together with being able to use the ZZT-worlds ...

PB Ultimate Suite - Modernize your PowerBuilder Interface
... a wide range of PowerBuilder GUI controls to help you change the look of your PowerBuilder application. All controls are written in pure PowerScript ...

... offers a wide range of GUI controls to help you change the look of your PowerBuilder application. All controls are written in pure PowerScript ...

The Big List of 256 Programming Languages
... OpenCL OpenEdge ABL OPL Oz Paradox Parrot Pascal Perl PHP Pike PILOT PL/I PL/SQL Pliant PostScript POV-Ray PowerBasic PowerScript ...

Java Threads - Real's Threads

Windows XP tips, Vista news, Windows Support, and technology news
Here are some posts that talk about Windows Longhorn, or, Windows Server 2008. Longhorn Server to be christened Windows Server 2008 Microsoft ...

Power.com wants to let you interconnect with all social networks
Power.com, the latest company that wants to bring you social networking Nirvana by letting you update all your profiles from a single place, ...

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 11:37:21 AM