Closing an server application from client application

Hi,

Any Help ?

   The way we start an application by a run function from powerbuilder
,like run ( clock.exe)
   How do I close the server application from the client application in
distributed environment in powerbuilder ?

Thanks
Jeetu

0
Jeetu

You would need to call a method on the server application, and the server
application would need to close itself.

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 22:09:16 -0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
Jeetu <spani@hcltech.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Any Help ?
>
>   The way we start an application by a run function from powerbuilder
>,like run ( clock.exe)
>   How do I close the server application from the client application in
>distributed environment in powerbuilder ?
>
>Thanks
>Jeetu

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html
0
Bruce

Starting the server application and stopping the server application from the client application
Hi , How do I do it ? I want to start the server application from my client app. After all my jobs are over , when I disconnect from the server, I want to close the server application. Both the client and server applications will be running on the desktop under NT or win95 environment. If the client app is abc.exe and the server app is pqr.exe when the user starts the client app from his desktop, the client should start pqr.exe . Now after finishing all the process when the user closes the client, I want to disconnect from server and close the server pqr then close abc...

PocketBuilder Application like a Client/Server Application
Hi: I need to create a PocketBuilder application like a Client/Server Application. is this possible? the connection with my database will be wireless. PocketBuilder with Oracle like a PowerBuilder with Oracle PocketBuilder it support this? Regards Carlos. PocketBuilder supports a wireless connection to a SQL Anywhere server, in which you can create proxy table/function defintions to access other databases. There are a number of existing threads on the topic here in the newsgroup, which you should be able to browse through using Google Groups. On 28 Jan 2006 10:51:56...

difference between a client-server application and a web application
Hello all,i have some trivial questions.can any one answer  the followingWhat is the difference between a client-server application and a web application ?what is the difference ,if any, between a virtual directory and web application.thanx Hi, and welcome to the asp.net forums.to start off, a client-server app is any application that interacts with a server, such as a windows form app that runs off of data stored in a database on a web server. A web app on the otherhand, is a "program" that may or may not contain server-side code, but it is an app that outputs html to be viewed thro...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? ...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

Converting Client/Server Application to Web-based Application #2
Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based EAServer Application? Not exactly something that can be relayed in cookbook fashion, but for a start, try: http://branick-inc.com/papers/moving_pb_to_the_web_tech.pdf <nm> wrote in message news:EB1A258374FFF23C007685AF85256BEA.007685BE85256BEA@webforums... > Can anyone please tell me where can I find a document explaining as to how > to convert an existing client/server PowerBuilder application to Web-based > EASer...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh This newsgroup is for discussing enhancement requests for future versions of PowerBuilder. You will get a much more relevant reponse if you post in one of the other newsgroups, for example: powersoft.public.powerbuilder.distributed or powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general <Mahesh> wrote in message news:E66A29615A1F68F4006837D685256BC8.006837E685256BC8@webforums... > Is it possible to call a internet...

Calling internet enabled PB application from Client Server PB Application
Is it possible to call a internet enabled PB application from a Client-Server PB app? (Just like the way using RUN function to run another app from PB app) Thx, Mahesh If I understand you correctly, you can add teh Microsoft Internet Explorer ole object to a window and have it browse to the site housing the PB appliation just like it would to any other site. See this technote for details on browsing automatically etc. http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47945 - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com ...

Closing Application from PB Application
Hi everybody, I'm trying to find solition for the following. I'm trying to close running application (for example PB application or any other) from another running application (PB application). I tried using GetModuleName Win API function to get handle of the application and then tried to close it using CloseWindoe function - it didn't work. Also tried to send and post messages using value for WM_SYSCOMMAND and SC_CLOSE message - still the same negative result. Does anybody have solution for that looks like simple thing. Unfortunately Powerbuilder allows you to start appli...

Transforming a Windows application to a server application
Hi! Delphi 7, Win XP. I have a Windows application consisting of a main form (the VCL main thread) and a separate thread (a descendant of TThread naturally) that performes the actual job. Let's call it a "worker thread" here. The "worker thread" uses "wait" functions (e.g. ConnectNamedPipe) that means that this "worker thread" gets suspended now and then for an undefined period of time waiting for connections from clients. This is the main reason for using a separate thread in the first place. The main window has to be responsive...

Client-Server Application
Hi All, I m making project on ASP.NET. In this project two computers r connected by LAN and i want to shutdown & restart one computer from another computer. If you have any idea or source code regarding this which can help me, plz share with me. I am wondering how posts non-related to RS are showing up in this section.. anyway, I think what you need is one of the remoting softwares..If you have XP's on both of them you can try using the Remote Desktop connection.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.**********...

Server Application Error: The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'.
Hi: I was working good with IIS 5.0 and Netframework, but suddenly my Explorer gave this error: Server Application Error, and tell me to go to the event viewer for more details, who says this: The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC'. For additional information specific to this message please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at: http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. But there's nothing over there about my problem. I will appreciate any help that...

This remoting proxy has no channel sink which means either the server has no registered server channels that are listening, or this application has no suitable client channel to talk to the server
Hi there, I have a Serviced Component that is a DAL component When I use it lik this:mDalConfig = New DALCPServices.ConfigSettings mDalConfig.Initialize(mcSqlConnString, "Select LastName, FirstName, Title, BirthDate from Employees", DALCP.DataProviderType.Sql) mDalCommands = New DALCPServices.Commands It works ! But if I use it like this: mDalConfig = New DALCPServices.ConfigSettingsDim cmd As New SqlClient.SqlCommand cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure cmd.CommandText = "sp_customers" cmd.Parameters.Add("@CustomerID", SqlDbType.VarCha...

You may receive the Error Message "Server Error in '/application name' Application" while browsing an asp.net application
You may receive the following error message while browsing an asp.net application "Server Error in '/application name' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error mes...

Web resources about - Closing an server application from client application - sybase.powerscript

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

New application delivers predictive personalization for Oracle users
... their customers so they can accurately target their efforts. Machine intelligence-based marketing platform Boomtrain is launching a new application ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 34% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 1.1 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Businesses Struggling with Application Performance Issues
Many IT teams still don't have a monitoring solution in place or don't have a solution equipped to detect certain types of performance issues. ...