Calling Java from PowerBuilder

Can you invoke/call methods in Java classes from
PowerBuilder, and if so how??

0
Jakub

You have to wrap the Java class in COM object. For that, you can use tools
from MS Java SDK or the ActiveX-Beans bridge from Sun.

Check my Java How (URL below) in the General part 3 -> "Wrap a Java class in
a COM object" for a simple example.

Bye.
--
Real Gagnon     mailto:real.gagnon@tactika.com  Quebec, Canada
    **** Java Javascript and PowerBuilder How-to ****

> Can you invoke/call methods in Java classes from
> PowerBuilder, and if so how??

0
Real

Calling Java from PowerBuilder???
We are planning to redesign our PowerBuilder application to a pure Java solution. Both applications, the PowerBuilder application and Java application, will be running concurrently during the redesign but we plan on disabling functionality from a modular level in the PowerBuilder application as it is redesigned and deployed in the Java solution. As the modules are redesigned can the new Java modules be called from PowerBuilder? This way the transition will be seamless to the user and we our maintenance gradly shifted to the Java solution. Thanks in advance -- Peace, Mic...

How to call a Java program in powerbuilder?
The problem is I am getting a userid and password data which is encrypted using a Java program [please see below the dotted lines]. This is a one way encryption logic, there is no decrypt logic. In the PB program I need to do encryption of the user entered password and compare both the encrypted string to validate the password. Is there a way to call the Java program from the PowerBuilder to do the encryption? ............................................................. package com.safenet.security; /********************************************************/ import java.sec...

To call a java obect from PowerBuilder
How can I call a java object from a PowerBuilder script? Thank you very much.. Domenico In article <5XJ#aL$rBHA.204@forums.sybase.com>, d.beato@cineca.it says... > How can I call a java object from a PowerBuilder script? Where is the Java object? Is it a Jaguar component? Mark No, I need to call a java object from a PB-client application. So there's no application server. Thanx. Domenico. "Mark Pfeifer[TeamSybase]" <see_msg@sprynet.com> wrote in message news:MPG.16cc8ce6308fc0a49896aa@forums.sybase.com... > In article <5...

Calling a Java function from PowerBuilder
Hi all, We need to call a Java function from within PowerBuilder. I realize PB 6.5 can generate Java code but how do we call the functions? We know we can write an external function call to a C program which can make the call. Is there a better way? Thanks. Andy Egleston Is it a running applet or application that can be listening for requests on a socket? You could use a socket OCX and communicate with it from PB that way. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Te...

Calling java application from Powerscript
Would anyone have examples of code wherein powerscript calls java applications ? With C++ code, pbx2pbd90.exe could be used to convert it to pbd. How about Java code? Will appreciate any help... Hari wrote: > Would anyone have examples of code wherein powerscript calls > java applications ? > > With C++ code, pbx2pbd90.exe could be used to convert it to > pbd. How about Java code? > > Will appreciate any help... You have to use JNI (C++) to do that, so the rest is the same as calling a C++ PBX -- take a look at the ejbclient forum -- there are qui...

Calling Java Methods from PowerBuilder
Need some help on Calling NVO's methods built using Distributed PB from Java Application. I have created a simple PB Distributed Application which has one NVO and one method. The method inserts some values in the Database. I want to call it through JDPB_Connection. From the Technical Document "Generating Components with PowerBuilder" I learnt that I can do that directly. I have unzipped the Jar file also. The Proxy Object created by PB compiles fine but when I run the Java Code I get the error "NoClassDefFoundError :com/objectspace/jgl/Container". ...

Calling Java Class from PowerBuilder
Hi I am trying to deploy the JavaPBtest example at http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085 A colleague can deploy no problem but when I try, I get: ---------- Deploy: Deploy of pbj_proxy Retrieving PowerBuilder Proxies from EJB... Generation Errors: Can't get information of JavaPBtestHome Deployment Error: No files returned for package/component 'JavaPBtest'. Error code: Unknown. Proxy was not created. ---------- Finished Deploy of pbj_proxy I have the same ClassPath in my Tools|System options|Java and have included pbejbclient105.pbd in my target pr...

How to call Java component from PowerBuilder.
Can anyone please tell me how can I call a Java component, that is deployed on EAServer6.2 using an EAR file, from a Powerbuilder client that is running on the same EAServer instance. I can think of some options but dont really know how and whether they will work or not. 1) Through CORBA. We make a corba call from Powerbuilder to Java. Has anyone done it before? 2) Through RMI-IIOP. Again has anyone done it before? 3) Is there any other way as well that I can explore? Anuj; AFAIK you should be able to use the TransactionServer object ... Example: transactionserver.Create...

PowerBuilder calling a Java Applet?
Is it possible for PowerBuilder to call/execute a Java Applet? If so, can someone give me an example or refer me to documentation? Thanks, Chad ...

Calling Java Component from PowerBuilder
Hi I am trying to call a java component on EAServer via my PowerBuilder Client application. As soon as I called createinstance method I am getting the CORBA ORB error in the log. Sep 05 10:13:17 2003: SystemException: BAD_OPERATION (pt_utility/pt_datacache/_get_proxyname - jagadmin@192.168.0.173) does any one have any idea why it is? EAServer version 4.2 PowerBuilder 803- Build 9872 Regards Ali need more information. -- Dean Jones [TeamSybase] CEO PowerObjects http://www.powerobjects.com (612) 339-3355 ext 112 "Ali" <newreader@...

Calling Java Classes from Powerbuilder
Can you call Java Classes directly from Powerbuilder? We are wanting to call Java Messaging Services from inside a Powerbuilder App. ...

PowerBuilder calling a Java Applet?
Is it possible for PowerBuilder to call/execute a Java Applet? If so, can someone give me an example or refer me to documentation? Thanks, Chad Applets are executed from browsers so you'd have to have PB open a java enabled browser and then submit a url for the applet's page. PB could definitely open a java application, but you would probably want to do this through a batch file so that you specify the correct classpath, etc. Are you only trying to open it or did you want to do something with it? Carson ---------------------------------------------------------...

Powerbuilder 9 calling a java applet
PB9 is able to call java class in using proxy and marsharler extension. Is it possible to call a java applet from PB ? How to implement it ? One way is to use the IE Web Browser control and load an HTML page which in turn will launch the applet. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] SDN CodeXchange -- http://codexchange.sybase.com <guil_lu> wrote in message news:403dd055.47ed.846930886@sybase.com... > PB9 is able to call java class in using proxy and marsharler > extension. Is it possible to call a java applet from PB ? > How to implement it ? ...

Calling Java classes directly from Powerbuilder
Can I call a Java class directly from PowerBuilder? How would I do this? Thanks Craig Not natively. However, you can create a COM wrapper and then use ConnectToNewObject in PB. An example of using the MS Java SDK to do this can be found at: http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0044.html HTH -EGM <crbradle@vac-acc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:F3BC1AFD8E2D1EDC0062EBD285256B79.0062EBE985256B79@webforums... > Can I call a Java class directly from PowerBuilder? How would I do this? > > Thanks > Craig There is also a Sun way of achieving the pac...

Web resources about - Calling Java from PowerBuilder - sybase.powerscript

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles