Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?

I have selected my conceptual model and go to generate the physical data
model and I am not able to select the Update Existing Physical Data Model.
Any ideas why?  Do I need to do something special to my logical model or
something before I can do that?  At this point I only have the database in
the tool.  I have not set up a repository if that matters.
0
Jodie

If you did not create a Physical Data Model before you need to do so and
choose a DB engine.  For the repository, I don't know I don't use it.

<Jodie> wrote in message
> I have selected my conceptual model and go to generate the physical data
> model and I am not able to select the Update Existing Physical Data Model.
> Any ideas why?  Do I need to do something special to my logical model or
> something before I can do that?  At this point I only have the database in
> the tool.  I have not set up a repository if that matters.

0
Alain

Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?
I do currently have a physical model. I created the physical model from my current database and then created my conceptual data model from that. Not that I updated my conceptual model I am not given the option to update my physical model. Hi Jodi, I'm not sure if I understood. You created a conceptual model out of a physical one? Why do you want to update your phys. model from the just created conceptual one? Did you do any changes in the concept. model? No? Then the case would be clear - no updates - no changes. Regards Reinhold. Jodie wrote in message <2A81C1E65E503...

generate option not exported when merging logical model to a physical model
using version 10.0.0.1077 i have a logical model between PDM for oracle 8.1.6 and SQL Server 2000. in the logical model there are some references I wish NOT to generate. so i unclick the generate option. when I generate a PDM for SQL Server (or for oracle) the generate option is not exported. the only way i found to export this option is to remove all the references in the target model and re-generate it from the logical model. not a very good solution, obviously... is this a bug? thanks --andre First, try downloading the maintenance patches for V10. You are using ...

Could I create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical Data Model??
I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse engineering.. Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? Thanks in advance!!! Select the Tools\Generate conceptual model menu <Xavi> wrote in message news:4739638d.297c.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse > engineering.. > > Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? > Thanks in advance!!! ...

Generating physical model from logical model
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040608020200010900010207 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am using PowerDesigner 9.5.2.920. This problem is related with the one posted as *Generating PDM from PDM logical* 2004 11 04 . I have a CDM model. Then I generate a logical model. No changes were made to the logical model. Then I generate the physical model, for a n IBM DB2 UDB 7 Common Server database. Looking at the physical model I realize that PowerDesigner did not convert the data types in th...

PowerDesigner Conceptual modeling/Physical modeling...when to do it
We're trying to understand when in the development life cycle conceptual modeling should take place. I'm hoping someone on this list can give me some advice or point me to a good source for this sort of information. The development process for us appears it should be... 1. Gather business requirements 2. Write a Functional Spec 3. Write a Technical Spec 4. Code But where in the above 4 steps do we do the DB modeling? Is conceptual in 1&2 and physical in 2&3? Please advise. We do conceptual modeling (CDM) during the Business Requirements Gathering and Func...

Can't I save selection information in Generate Physical Data Model?
With preserve option, I want save selection list in Generate Physical Data Model process. I don't want re-select all itens every time I execute this process. :-I Yeah, unfortunately, there are some problems with that. I've asked for more control (like being able to save the settings and reuse them at will) but it is taking longer than I'd like for it to get fixed. Please submit this case yourself. Hopefully Sybase can get it fixed soon. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http:...

Unable to Generate new physical model from Logical Model
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b7d803f Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Using PowerDesigner 15.0.0.2613, I am no longer able to generate a new physical data model from a logical data model. The DBMS dropdown was empty, and I was not able to click OK or Apply to continue. However, I was still able to Update the existing Physical Data Model from the logical model. I have unsuccesfully tried to resolve this problem by: Creating a new project and a new logical model with only one entity. A...

Update Existing Physical Data Model
I have an official copy of PD now (as opposed to the eval version). One thing still doesn't seem to be right, and that is when I tell it to "Update Existing Physical Data Model." My understanding is that I'm supposed to get a dialog box comparing the differences and the option to accept or not accept changes. I never get this dialog box and the changes never are applied. If I uncheck Preserve Modifications I get the changes (but no dialog box either, although not sure that I'm supposed to). Why would I not be getting the dialog box with Preserve Modifications check...

Generated Physical Data Model formatting issue
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub466032ef Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, We are generating a Physical Data Model from a Conceptual Data Model using the Power Designer built in tool to generate physical Data Model. We have an issue with the formatting of the physical data model. The table columns are wrap on the extreme left portion of the table model. Can this be formatted properly? Refer to the attachment for details. Thanks! Lure ---=_forums-1-dub466032ef Content-Type: applicat...

Problems with Generate Physical Data Model Process
Hi, I trying update my ORACLE PDM with changes made in SQL. New tables in SQL has triggers. I uncheck Table/Triggers in Merge Models/Comparison Option. PowerDesigner is creating triggers in ORACLE PDM model with wrong sintax. Can anyone elucidate me? :-| How are you getting the changes from the database? Is it from script files (DDL) or ODBC? If script, can you share a sample of what you are using? If ODBC, what are you using for ODBC drivers? Oracle ODBC drivers have problems. Try using the drivers that ship with PowerDesigner. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://w...

Generating Physical Models
I am using PowerDesigner 10. I have been working on an Object-oriented Model and its corresponding Physical Model for a while now. I have been adding classes to the OOM and generating equivalent objects in the PDM. All of a sudden, the link between the OOM and PDM seems to have broken. I recently added some classes to the OOM and when I tried to generate the Physical Model, I find that the system always prompts me to generate a new model and doesn't allow me to modify the existing model. Even when I choose to update an existing model explicitly, the available models alwa...

Create logical model from physical model
I'm looking for suggestions for ways of creating a logical model from a physical model. I know it can be done. The bit issue that I have is Name and Code. Since we only have a physical model, the names and codes are the same. I thought of manually creating a conversion table, but don't think that will work since our names are like this: PROVNUM I would ideally like to find a way where the logical model would have Provider Number as the name and PROVNUM as the code. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks. Happy Holidays This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ...

Reverse Engineer Logical Model from Physical Model ?
Is it possible to reverse engineer a Logical PDM from a Physical PDM ? I can only find in the PD help information about reverse engineering a physical PDM from an actual database or scripts, but haven't found anything about reverse engineering a logical PDM from a physical PDM. Is this possible? Thanks, Andy Mackie. (PhysicalArchitect 11.1) "tools - generate conceptual model" on PDM creates a CDM Adrian "A Mackie" <andrew@mackie14.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0ejsvqw9e7jv000@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to reverse engin...

How to get conceptual model changes into physical model?
Hello!! How do I get the changes that I made on the conceptual model to show up on the physical model? ex. my new table. - Go into the "Tools" menu and select "Generate physical data model" (or CTRL+G from the CDM) - Select "Update existing data model", select the PDM you want to update and check the "preserve modifications" option if you want to keep changes previously made on the PDM. - You will be presented with a compare window which shows you the changes that are going to be done in your PDM You can choose to implement them or not....

Web resources about - Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model? - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Pre-existing condition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Association , has stated on a Fox News Sunday interview that exclusions, based upon these ...

STUDY: Facebook More Effective In Driving Viewers To New Shows Than Existing Ones
... television and Facebook and other social networks, finding that social media are more effective at driving viewership of new shows than existing ...

A New Way To Re-Engage Your Existing Mobile App Users
Today we are introducing a new way to re-engage your mobile app users with Facebook ads. You can now advertise to people who have taken specific ...

Facebook expands IPO with additional 83.8M shares from existing stockholders
... according to an eighth amendment to its S-1 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Most of these shares are being sold by existing ...

How do you grow your brand through existing clients?
Anna Farmery and I are doing a podcast this week on how to leverage happy clients to grow your brand. We&#39;d love to include your advice in ...

Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store on iTunes
Get Video Zoom - Apply Zoom To Existing Videos, Crop on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.” Albert Einstein ...
Pretty dreary here today, but this stop sign caught my attention. Bright, vivid colors can draw attention and add "pop" to a photo. Make a photo ...

SIMple plan: More consumers taking existing mobile phones to new plans to 'enjoy freedom'
More Australians are holding on to their existing mobile phones when signing up to post-paid plans, saying they enjoy the &quot;freedom and flexibility&quot; ...

US existing home sales fall in August
... as investors retreated from real estate and first-time buyers remained scarce. The National Association of Realtors says sales of existing ...

Costco's Australian expansion hits existing stores
Costco Wholesale is pressing ahead with its Australian expansion plans even though new stores are starting to cannibalise its existing ones. ...