Sybase Newsgroup Server is Moving March 14th

Sybase Newsgroup Server is Moving March 14th

When it comes to reliability, we're taking our newsgroups up a notch! In
order to provide our customers with reliable, 24 x 7 access to our
newsgroups, we are
moving to a significantly more fault tolerant newsgroup setup. These efforts
are being made in response to your comments, and are part of our ongoing
commitment
to our developer community. With over a half million messages on Sybase
newsgroups, this move will make a big difference to our users!

Because the information is being moved to a new server with a new name, it
will be necessary for customers to "re-download" newsgroup headers from the
various
newsgroups to which they are subscribed.  Two easy steps will ensure that
you are seeing all correct headers:

Remove the 'forums.sybase.com' account from your particular newsreader and
then add "forums.sybase.com' account back.  All headers will then be marked
as
unread.
Resubscribe to your newsgroups and download headers into those newsgroups.

NOTE: Because we are moving the news server, the IP address will change.  It
will take 3 days at most for your ISP to associate the new IP address to
'forums.sybase.com'.

This change is expected to take place on Friday, March 14, so plan to do
this any time after the 14th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause, but are
excited to be providing you better access to the Sybase newsgroups.  For
more help on newsgroup setup, go to:

http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,47611,00.html

Sybase is committed to our development community, and to the interaction
that is facilitated by the newsgroups. If you have any feedback regarding
newsgroup
changes, please send us feedback by going to http://www.sybase.com/feedback.

0
Raj

Sounds Great!!

Now, can somebody there make sure that the people at Google are aware of
this change?  Ever since the groups went down about a year ago, google
stopped collecting the messages.  Then at some point, the database
newsgroups were more or less tuned back on by google, but the powersoft
groups were left in the state they are in today.  This would make things
really easy when it comes to searching for certain issues if google can
start collecting them again.

Thanks.

Jeff Gibson
Intercept Solutions
Nashville, TN

"Raj Rajendran" <rrajendr@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Sybase Newsgroup Server is Moving March 14th
>
> When it comes to reliability, we're taking our newsgroups up a notch! In
> order to provide our customers with reliable, 24 x 7 access to our
> newsgroups, we are
> moving to a significantly more fault tolerant newsgroup setup. These
efforts
> are being made in response to your comments, and are part of our ongoing
> commitment
> to our developer community. With over a half million messages on Sybase
> newsgroups, this move will make a big difference to our users!
>
> Because the information is being moved to a new server with a new name, it
> will be necessary for customers to "re-download" newsgroup headers from
the
> various
> newsgroups to which they are subscribed.  Two easy steps will ensure that
> you are seeing all correct headers:
>
> Remove the 'forums.sybase.com' account from your particular newsreader and
> then add "forums.sybase.com' account back.  All headers will then be
marked
> as
> unread.
> Resubscribe to your newsgroups and download headers into those newsgroups.
>
> NOTE: Because we are moving the news server, the IP address will change.
It
> will take 3 days at most for your ISP to associate the new IP address to
> 'forums.sybase.com'.
>
> This change is expected to take place on Friday, March 14, so plan to do
> this any time after the 14th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may
> cause, but are
> excited to be providing you better access to the Sybase newsgroups.  For
> more help on newsgroup setup, go to:
>
> http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,47611,00.html
>
> Sybase is committed to our development community, and to the interaction
> that is facilitated by the newsgroups. If you have any feedback regarding
> newsgroup
> changes, please send us feedback by going to
http://www.sybase.com/feedback.

0
Jeff