PowerBuilder Database Interfaces (please help)

I have been working with PowerBuilder 7.0 professional edition for awhile
now and I have notice that I regulary receive the following errors:

1// DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation.

2// There are no database interface currently installed.

I can reinstall powerbuilder and my database interface but after I open
powerbuilder and create my connection and close powerbuilder again I
receive the same errors. With these erors I can not connect to my data base
and create data windows.

Now reciently I have notice that even when I reinstall powerbuilder I
will receive the same errors. Is there some sore of setup options I should
run or are there any powerbuilder patches available for this problem.

so if any can answer these questions please respond.

A very fustrated powerbuilder user.

0
Stephen_Haggerty

I think you will get better support from the PowerBuilder forum.

--

Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org

<Stephen_Haggerty> wrote in message
> I have been working with PowerBuilder 7.0 professional edition for awhile
> now and I have notice that I regulary receive the following errors:
>
> 1// DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation.
>
> 2// There are no database interface currently installed.
>
> I can reinstall powerbuilder and my database interface but after I open
> powerbuilder and create my connection and close powerbuilder again I
> receive the same errors. With these erors I can not connect to my data base
> and create data windows.
>
> Now reciently I have notice that even when I reinstall powerbuilder I
> will receive the same errors. Is there some sore of setup options I should
> run or are there any powerbuilder patches available for this problem.
>
> so if any can answer these questions please respond.
>
> A very fustrated powerbuilder user.

0
Michael

PLEASE HELP!! Need to access a database that has no user accounts..PLEASE HELP!!
Hello, I am a data conversion programmer working to convert the data in a SQL Anywhere Database Ver.5.5.4.(running locally on the same machine where the client app. runs) to another brand database. Right now the only way I can extract the data is through the client Applications which has the database user id/password embedded in to it, but they don't provide all the fields I need. I want to extract some additional columns by connecting to the database using Interactive SQL, but I don't know any user account details(I can't ask the vendor). I have tried the default dba/sql...

a General database question. Please help urgent!
guys i have a programming question i have table called prerequsiteswhich is like thisprerequisite component                       componenta                                                         bso in...

Please! Please! Please! Please! Help
I am very new to the Linux/Oracle/Perl world coming from a many many years of a Windows environment. I have self learned everything I know about this new environment. So far I have successfully installed Redhat 9 in an Intel box and have gotten Oracle 9I running correctly. I can run scripts via sqlplus, sqlldr etc. Perl (I think ver. 5.8.0) is running on the box and I can create and run scripts that do other processes but I have had no success in getting Perl to connect to the Oracle database to generate some reports. With my experience using MS-SQL there is no major issues w...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! for Example.. We got some webspace in a third party web space provider. We need to develop an application software with stock maintenance and price monitoring. We prefer to...

connecting powerbuilder application to internet database -- please help #2
I want to connect my powerbuilder application to an internet database, that means i need to place the database ( MS Access, MySql, or Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere, just the database alone ) into our web space, or i want to access the website providers database via powerbuilder application from my internet connected PC. how can i establish the connection and how can i implement the software.. please help! thanks and regards, danny tharakans@hotmail.com I have a lot of questions about your question. Is the "Web Space" hosted by you / your company or a third ...

Please help, please, please
This is driving me crazy, I cannot find what is wrong with this thing. I have a custom module and after post back none of the following are processed : user, login, visibility, title, solpartmenu. None of it gets processed. Please help meYou died at the very end of your life Are you saying a skin, or a custom module. With custom modules you should not be dealing with tokens, I don't think they have anything to do with it. What module are you working with? No I am not using tokens, container skin is Classic skin that comes with DNN. I am talking about custom module. It has a text box a...

Please Please Please help
I am trying to populate a second dropdownlist from the first. both dropdownlists are displayed inside the datagrid. I can populate the first one easily but my onselectedindexchanged event states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Source Error: Line 195...

Please Please Please HELP!!!
I have posted this many times to no avail. I managed to publish the site somwhere despite being an intranet. I have published the site just in case I was not clear in explaining the prblem that I was having. Go to http://www.undg.ks.undp.org/test/login.aspx and login with userid: test password: test Click on 'search for cases' and then click on the search button (the dates are inserted automatically). Click on the paging and try to go to page 12,13,14,15 - any page really above page 11. Can you see what is happening? Below is the code that I am using. Please tell me wha...

Please Please Please help me out...
hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. hello, our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please help me out i'm a newbie. the file server ip is 192.20.71.1 the proxy ip is 192.20.71.252 akula_26@hotmail.com wrote: > our netware 6.0 file server can'nt connect the internet, we have a > proxyserver with netware 6.0 and BM 3.8. can somebody please hel...

Interfacing with Microsoft Access Database in win2k wiht ActiveSt ate Perl 5.6.01. General Help needed.
I am new to this. I was wondering what the best way to interface with a Microsoft Access Database would be. I am going to be using PerlScript to generate DHTML to make an online work-order system for the IT department and the building engineers. I just wanted to ask for a small example or two of how to create a recordset object and how to access it's data. Thanks. -ryan. RGuy@oxford-pgh.com (Ryan Guy) wrote on 20 Dec 2001: > I am new to this. I was wondering what the best way to interface > with a Microsoft Access Database would be. I am going to be using > PerlS...

RE: Interfacing with Microsoft Access Database in win2k wiht Acti veSt ate Perl 5.6.01. General Help needed.
Funny, I asked that exact question about a month or two ago. What I was told, and what worked just fine for me, was to use the general DBI module along with the more specific DBD::OBDC module. That combo let's you connect to OBDC compliant DBs, such as MS Access. ____________________ Chris Spurgeon Senior Design Technologist cspurgeon@electronicink.com ELECTRONIC INK One South Broad Street 19th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107 www.electronicink.com t 215.922.3800 x(233) f 215.922.3880 -----Original Message----- From: Ryan Guy [mailto:RGuy@oxford-pgh.com] Sent: Thur...

Login, Database, Record -------Please, Please Help me....No one is answering!!!
No one will help me...if you see this posting please try to help me.........I am using the VWD tool. I am ok with the authentication using the login.aspx control. The problem I have is creating VB code (or whatever) once the user logs in. How do I pull the authentication data (username and pass) to create a data grid for the profile page (that has the users account information such as name, phone, address, e-mail etc.. When the page loads it should immediately display the information for that particular user and give that user only the ability to update. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database
Hi, I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database. In the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script: update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID @customerIS is created in the begin_download script. I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID @customerID is created in the begin_upload script. I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my...

PowerDesigner to PowerBuilder interface
Column check parameters- If the "List of Values" from the column check parameters are used in PowerDesigner, these carry through to database level validation. Is there a way to generate a column specific error message instead of the generic validation error message? Are the values entered through "List of Values" from the column check parameters in PowerDesigner, visible to the developer in PowerBuilder? If so, where? Extended Attributes Should the attribute definition file, powerpp.exa, contain default settings for the object type "business rule"?...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Database Interfaces (please help) - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles