PowerBuilder 11.Net

 All;

    FYI ...

    Looks like the latest release of PB 11 seems to finally work with
PowerDesigner 12.x (12.1 in my case) instead of only PD 10.x. This should
make Dave Dichmann happy <lol>! So for you adventuresome testers out there
with PB 11 and PD 12.x, please try and make some QA time to test drive this
new symbiotic relationship <bg>.

    If you do not have PB 11.Net but would like to join the PB 11.Net Beta
program, please follow this link:
http://response.sybase.com/forms/ITSG06MayPowerBuilder110Beta

Regards .. Chris

0
Chris

Thanks for the update!!! I know David is probably doing the 'Happy Dance'
:-)

-Matt C.
"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.dot.com> wrote in message
> All;
>
>    FYI ...
>
>    Looks like the latest release of PB 11 seems to finally work with
> PowerDesigner 12.x (12.1 in my case) instead of only PD 10.x. This should
> make Dave Dichmann happy <lol>! So for you adventuresome testers out there
> with PB 11 and PD 12.x, please try and make some QA time to test drive
> this
> new symbiotic relationship <bg>.
>
>    If you do not have PB 11.Net but would like to join the PB 11.Net Beta
> program, please follow this link:
> http://response.sybase.com/forms/ITSG06MayPowerBuilder110Beta
>
> Regards .. Chris

0
Matt

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

PowerBuilder 11 .NET Development Schedule
Just a quick question. The .NET 2.0 beta framework is fairly stabilized at this point. It seems like the justification for a delayed PB11 is Microsoft's delay. I know Sybase has historically waited for related technologies (OS, etc. ) to go GA before supporting them. Most other .NET tool vendors already have or are working toward beta releases wiht full support planned for .NET 2.0's GA. Don't get me wrong, I am looking forward to PB10.5, but I just wonder if Microsoft's delay was really a valid reason to delay PB11. Based on the current schedule, it looks like PB11 will follow 6-9 months after .NET 2.0 is GA. I think it would be beneficial for Sybase to promote some type of public beta for these products in the interim. There will be a public Beta for PowerBuilder 11 sometime in the interim before the release in Q3 2006. I just saw an engineering report that said that the kernel group has upgraded to Visual Studio 2005 and development seems to be proceeding smoothly. It is still Beta software however and Microsoft has been known to make changes between final Beta and GA (ask anyone who used PowerBuilder 1.0 and Windows 3.0 <g>). Our goal is to under-promise and over-deliver so that is why we have a conservative schedule. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase TechWave 2005! www.sybase.com/techwave Download an evaluation version of DataWindow .NET 1.5 Today!: www.sybase.com/datawindow.net DataWindow.NET code examples...

PowerBuilder 11 leveraging .NET assemblies
I almost posted this in the CTP forum, but thought it to be outside the scope of the testing. I am wondering if it is (or will be) possible to create code to call into a .NET assembly. I would not want to use an Externall DLL function as that maps to PInvoke and that should not be necessary as both the PB and .NET assemblies are run by the CLR. I see the #CLR-#ENDCLR code blocks, but the current examples show a way to tie events into javascript file functions. Can I make a C# coded call in this block to call into another assembly as well? Ex. #CLR Object o = new Object()...

Calling a VB.Net dll from Powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I have created a VB.Net dll which has to be called from Powerbuilder 11. The details are: Namespace : _getName Class : getName Function : doGetName DLL : VBModule Can anyone tell me how to call this DLL from Powerbuilder. I have tried all possible code from the web but I get -2 error as return for ConnectToNewObject. I registered with regasm VBModule.dll and regasm VBModule.dll /tlb and it was successful. Register for COM Interop is checked and I was able to call the same dll from another .Net application. Do I have to declare the dll be...

PowerBuilder 11 .NET name space usage
Hi, I am having application (Client Server) developed in PowerBuilder 10.5. We plan to migrate it to PB 11. Is there any way to consume .NET name space classes in the my application (other than .NET assembly target). In case of .NET Assembly target, how can I migrate my application and use the .NET classes? My main purpose is, to use Encryption classes in my application. I know there are some other ways are there to do encryption. I am facing some problem in using windows Crypto API. Also I am not able to use PB 10.5 crypto library. Even though I followed the procedure given...

powerbuilder 11.5 install and dotnet .net framework
Hi. I am seeing the error text pasted below when I start to install pb 11.5. Even on the phone with Microsoft, I have been unable to install .net so that pb is satisfied. This problem is occurring on a new 64 bit vista machine, but when I started to install 11.5 on my old 32 bit xp, the same error displayed. Another developer also mentioned seeing this error--but just continued with the installation. He does not need .net or web services. Does anyone know how to install .net when .net is apparently not properly installed (broken) and... cannot be uninstalled, and cannont be re...

.Net(c#
Hi, We have client-server application which is running in PB 11.1. We want to invoke some methods in .Net assembly DLL which was developed in c# by passing some arguments to get some values return back. To include the .Net assembly we need have a target as .net windows form or .net assembly etc. I have selected .Net windows form to include the .Net assembly DLL to call & selected "Use an existing library and application object" option in the target creation. Here my problem is that when we create an application (creating project) for an existing application, it will try...

PowerBuilder 11 .Net specific newsgroups are now available...
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.assembly sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webservice sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform In Outlook Newsreader I do not see these groups...? "Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:467aec5d$1@forums-1-dub... > sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.assembly > sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform > sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webservice > sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform > > You may need to tell Outlook to ...

How to secure powerbuilder 11.5 net web service
?Hi all, How do I enable security on a web service built with pb11.5. I've been reading this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w67h0dw7.aspx but I'm not sure how to acomplish it, on the web service and the client side. Any help? thanks ...

Powerbuilder 11.1 using WebServices .net 3.5 Framework
Hi All, I've created a "Hello World" web service using Visual Studio 2008 with 3.5 .net Framework, tested the web service and it works fine. Deployed the web service to a IIS 5.0 Web server on Windows XP Pro; now I'm trying to generate the WebService proxy in PB 11.1. I've set the WSDL engine to ".Net", point to the IIS server for the ".asmx" file for the WSDL location. When I try to deploy the project, I keep getting the following error. "Cannot access the WSDL or the WSDL file is invalid. (file://bla bla bla) Is PB compatiable wi...

Read .net win form application (Powerbuilder 11) from Visual Studio
Can I read a client/server application build in PowerBuilder 11 and deployed over IIS using MS Visual Studio? I have an old version of one application building in PB8 and need to rebuil to Visual Studio .net. It will be more easy if I migrate to the PB11 and deploy over IIS and then read from Visual Studio. It's posible? Thanks No that isn't possible. Even if you can access the generated C# code it has dependencies on the PowerBuilder .NET runtime library. You won't get any visual representation inside of Visual Studio and it wouldn't be possible to maintain the ...

PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net
Hi. I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver. Help me please. Thanks Marcelo Pe�ailillo ...

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

How to migrate PowerDesigner 6 to PowerDesigner 11
I am with difficulties "to take" models generated in PowerDesigner 6 for PowerDesigner 11 (evaluation). Already I tried to make the steps below, but I did not get success. Step 1 - The basic File/Open I chose diagrama.pdm file (generated in version 6) and To open. It starts to read the archive and finishing he almost gives to the error "failed you read the file". Valley to detach that the procedure was attemped with other archives (also generated in version 6) and I did not get success and that the same ones continue functioning in version 6. Step 2 - Co...

Powerbuilder 11.2 and Oracle 11
Our organization is moving from Oracle 10G to Oracle 11 and it appears that PB 11.2 does not support Oracle 11. I have found the link noted below, can anyone tell me if this link is out of date or current? http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Thanks. You can connect to 11i just fine. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement "Will" <william.viktora@tc.gc.ca> wrote in message news:e84fd92b-a870-442e-be24-781c6bdfe...

Deployment of PowerBuilder 11.2 ASP.NET WebForms to a Windows-based Apache HTTP Server
Deployment of PowerBuilder 11.2 ASP.NET WebForms to a Windows-based Apache HTTP Server Development Machine in this test Vista (with IIS installed) 1. On the PowerBuilder development machine, deploy your WebForm application to the IIS localhost For example if you have an application called "start" you will get two folders ... C:\inetpub\wwwroot\start C:\inetpub\wwwroot\start_root 2. Assuming the application works on the development machine, proceed to deployment on the target Target Machine in this test Windows XP Professional SP3 (without IIS ...

Learning ASP.Net, C# and .Net in general
I am very new to .Net and to this forum though I had been programming for several years using various technologies/languages/plateform including VB, Delphi etc. Most of the time I have been involved with desktop applications only.  Now, I need to migrate to .Net (mainly ASP.Net & C#). I have read a lot about .Net and am now starting to user Visual Web Developer for some Hands on along with the tutorials provided on this and various other web sites.  Now I was wondering as what would be the correct approach, should I start with ASP.Net, become comfortable with it and then mov...

Powerbuilder 11 -> 11.1 migration for webforms
I have had a server running my webforms applications for a while now. I upgraded my development enviroment to 11.1. So i'm guessing I need to do the same thing to the runtime that is sitting on the server. Couple of questions. #1. Is there a step process to upgrade this server? #2. Do I have to rebuild all my webform applications Thanks Yes, you should install the updated runtime assemblies and unmanaged DLLs on your server. You can use the PowerBuilder Runtime packager to do that. When you are finished there should be 24 sybase.powerbuilder assemblies in the GAC. I r...

Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1
I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on Vista Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer ..NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to replace the IE Web Controls. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost out there. Well That's good news. ...

Sample program using powerbuilder .net and asp.net
Hai, I am beginner in pb.net . So please can you provide me a sample program using powerbuilder web application with asp.net. with thanks and regards POLACHAN PAILY ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Part of the point of WebForms (and WinForms) is that you can deploy any application to these targets without recoding. So, for a sample app, take any sample that comes with PB. <g> No special coding required. Of course, you have to make sure your app isn't dependent on unsupported features. Good...

Some plan for a .NET Pocket Powerbuilder? And for a .NET Compact DataWindow?
Jim O'Neal of Team Sybase respond to my request on DW.Net newsgroup that there is no plan for DataWindow.Net for Compact .Net Framework. Datawindow.Net is still unmanaged code and .Net Compact Framwork does not support unmanaged code. PocketPowerBuilder is for Pocket PC. I woner why would I care for its .Net version! Datawindow (not DW.Net) of Pocket PB works on Pocket PC with Pocket PowerBuilder. Regards. ...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem is with the Edit.limit the the painter defined for you on creation. Change this to the number you want, or 0 for unlimited, and I think you'll be back the the behaviour you're expecting. Good luck, Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten <Benjamin Pobel> wrote: > Hello, > > since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB > datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. > Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow > the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the > columns were declared as char(1)! > > PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is > only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can > write unlimited characters. > > Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to > char(0) by default? > >...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 11.Net - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles