PDM: Generate Cube

I have defined a multidimensional Modell with CDM and then i
generated a PDM. Now i like to generate a CUBE
(multidimensional Modell) out of this.
Ist it possible on a direct way?
Or should I start with the CUBE generation?
Is there a document available - how to do - with
Powerdesigner 12.5?
Thanks for help.
0
Go12

In the PDM identify the dimensional type of each table in your PDM (fact or
dimension) in each table's properties sheet (bottom of the 'General' tab).

Fom the 'Tools' menu, select 'Multidimension -> Rebuild Cubes'.  PD will
generate cubes within multidimensional diagrams using the identified fact
and dimension tables.

Chris
"Go12" wrote in message news:4cf143b9.682f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I have defined a multidimensional Modell with CDM and then i
> generated a PDM. Now i like to generate a CUBE
> (multidimensional Modell) out of this.
> Ist it possible on a direct way?
> Or should I start with the CUBE generation?
> Is there a document available - how to do - with
> Powerdesigner 12.5?
> Thanks for help.

0
Chris

Generating Foreign Keys in CDM
Hi, This I think is a simple question, but I have read the documention and tutorials and do not find what I need. I am using PowerDesigner 9.0, and my target database is Microsoft SQL Server 2000. I am creating two entites in the CDM one for reference data, a list of products and their atributes, and another entitty in which I want to have a foreign key created in the PDM when generated to reference one of the products. What do I need to do in the CDM to have the foreign key show up in the table in the PDM. I thought from the documention that it is possible to have the fore...

Generalization in OOM to PDM generation
Using PD8.0.0.203 In my OOM, I have Class B linked to the Class A by a Generalization link (so there is no primary identifying attribute explicitly defined in the Class B). Also, Class C is associated with Class B via a 1-to-many Association. I have just made a change to the datatype of the primary identifying attribute in Class A. Now, when I generate a PDM from the OOM, I am not getting the primary identifier of Table A (from Class A) showing up as a column (with foreign key) in Table C (from Class C). Can anyone help me understand why I am not - and what I can do about it?...

Generating PDM from PDM Logical
I'm using PD 9.5.2 EBF 6. I have a CDM and generate a Logical PDM. The CDM datatype DT has been converted to Datetime. Now I generate a PDM from Logical which DBMS is AS Anywhere 8. The problem is that datetime is converted to DATETIME YEAR TO SECOND???? (I know that this is an informix datatype) I know that resource files contain the mapping between datatypes but I don�t know what is wrong. Thanks in advance. I can't duplicate this. Please verify your data types in your XDB file. Click on Database -> Edit current DBMS. Expand Script, Data Type. Select &qu...

PowerDesigner 12.0 Generating Database Scripts from PDM
Hi, I'm creating a ms-SQL Server 2000 Script to create my database, based on a PDM, the problem is that I can do it only once after creating the PDM (from a CDM), if I want to re-create it (after some change on my CDM then recreation of my PDM) the list of database objects (packages-Entities) appear empty, so I have to close PowerDesigner, open it again, open my CDM, Generate my PDM, then create the Script. Does anyone know how to solve this?, I guess is something over the config environment, but can't figure it out. Thanks Something doesn't sound right. In the PDM,...

Generate Database Script from PDM without opening the powerdesigner
Hi All Is there any way to Generate Database Script from PDM without opening the powerdesigner.Say from command window or from any other application . Thanks for your help in advance I assume you want to know if you can gen your db as part of an automated (nightly) build? The answer is yes, you must just convince PD to open with the right model - this may involve setting your pref so pd opens without any /last model or changing your regisrty so it open with your model and then changing reg back after your gen finished. At this time wsh (windows script host) is the simplest ...

Generating PDM Report using PowerDesigner 6.1.5
I am running PowerDesigner 6.1.5 on Windows XP. I have an enterprise physical data model with several submodels for each module in the Enterprise. I want to generate a separate standard PDM report for each objects in each submodels. For some reason, the report always comes out empty. Please advise. I haven't used 6.1.5 for a while, but here goes: you probably need your report objects on a lower level. If you just have them on the same level as the title, and everything's in submodels, you'll get an empty report. -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] <Dee> wr...

generate ms analysis server cube (powerdesigner 10 trial)
hello, i am using the trial version of powerdesigner 10. the problem is that powerdesigner doesn't generate the cubes correct in the ms analysis server. has anyone made positive experience with that feature. thank you thomas What is it doing wrong? -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement "Thomas" <tm@trustconsult.com> wrote in message news:40518257@forums-1-dub... > hello, > > i am using the trial ver...

Generating Access 97 db from PowerDesigner 6.1.1 PDM
Hello - I have successfully used AppModeler to create PDMs targeting an Access 97 database, both via reverse-engineering and manual methods. However, when generating the Access 97 database either via ODBC or via a VB "script", only the TableDefs get created - no Primary Keys in the tables get created, and consequently no Relationships can be created (because a Relationship needs a primary key). I am using a downloaded Access 95 & 97 DEF file for PowerDesigner dated 6 December 98. I believe a more updated Access 97 DEF file is needed to fix this problem. It seems...

Generating a database by synchronizing a PDM with an archived PDM
Even though I selected only a few tables from the Selection tab in Database Modification, the generated script includes modifications from other tables in the model. How can I limit the scope to the selected tables? That happened on PD 9.5.2.908 There appears to be a bug with the selection tab. I've found it in V10 and V11. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike@nospam!datamodel.org Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <Zeg> wrote in message news:4106b28b.6113.1681692777@sybase.com... &g...

CDM to PDM generation does not generate foreign keys
I have a CDM with many sub-models. When I generate the PDM, the foreign keys are not being generated - help!! Veena I've never had a problem with FKs being generated. What version and module of PowerDesigner are you using? Could you walk me through the steps you are taking to reproduce this situation? -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org Veena wrote in message ... >I have a CDM with many sub-models. When I generate the PDM, the foreign >keys are not being generated - help!! > >Veena > &...

How to generate scripts from PDM without generate key relationship ?
I would like to generate all tables script from my PDM file but don't want to generate the relationship between (eg. Froeign / Primary Keys) by default. I know I can uncheck the generate box one by one but if have large no. of them, I need many times. Do anyone know how to uncheck the default option ? Many Thanks. What version of PowerDesigner? In 12.5 you can just uncheck the FK checkbox once for the entire generation, and save the settings as a configuration, so the next time you need to generate without FK/PK, you just pull up that configuration and generate. You sho...

Generating Extended Attribute values when generating PDM from CDM
Hi Everyone, I've defined an extended attribute for every attribute (column) for my CDM's and PDM's. I've given each the same name, 'Expected Growth Percent'. When I generate a PDM from the CDM (or vice-versa), I want the generation to preserve any value that exists for the attribute or column in the source model. The advanced user documentation hints that it should be possible using VBS, but I don't know VBS well enough to be able to verify if this is true for my version, 9.5.2.920. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance for your ...

Losing Physical Options when generating from a Logical PDM to DB2 PDM
Am trying to generate from a Logical PDM to an existing DB2 PDM with "Preserve Modifications" ticked. The "DBMS Preserve Options" tab of the "PDM Generation" dialog box has all Physical Options greyed out except "Database" and "Default Options". The chapter on Generating from a Physical Data Model in the PowerDesigner PDM User's Guide indicates that if a database object is not supported by the old or new target DBMS, then the preserve option for that object is greyed and cannot be selected. What's bugging me is that when th...

PDM generation
PD 9.5.2 EBF6 - Database: Nonstop sql/mp After generating the sql scripts the DBA's mentionned to me that certain tables have very long primary keys. They also tell me that a line in an sql scrip for nonstop sql cannot exceed 255 characters. Is there a way to wrap the %PKEYCOLUMNS% line at generation time ?? Line in the definition file for primary key is: PRIMARY KEY (%PKEYCOLUMNS%) Thanks Example (See primary key in quotes): ?SECTION =DEF_JE_TSTAARC DROP TABLE =DEF_JE_TSTAARC; CREATE TABLE =DEF_JE_TSTAARC ( DATE_DIFFERE_SYSTAB DATE DEFAULT SYSTE...

Web resources about - PDM: Generate Cube - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Study: Facebook Page Post Ads generate 14% higher ROI for retail sector than Marketplace ads
Page Post Ads in the Facebook News Feed generate 14 percent higher return on investment for companies in the retail sector compared to Marketplace ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

Long Exposure Camera - Generate DSLR like of gorgeous slow shutter and freeze motion for FB and IG picture ...
Get Long Exposure Camera - Generate DSLR like of gorgeous slow shutter and freeze motion for FB and IG picture on the App Store. See screenshots ...

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How Minecraft Generates Such HUGE Worlds - Game/Show - PBS Digital Studios - YouTube
Tweet at us! https://twitter.com/pbsgameshow Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gameshowpbs Email us! pbsgameshow [at] gmail [dot] ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Inferno expected to generate abnormal, high-altitude cloud
A bizarre weather phenomenon known as a fire cloud is likely to form over the fire raging between Lithgow and Bilpin if weather conditions deteriorate ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly
The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly