PD 7 hiden symbols do not remain hidden

In a CDM diagram, I've hidden several entities. When I shut down PD 7 and
restart it, upon opening my CDM, those entities are again displayed. How do
I make them stay hidden.
Thank for the help

0
Bruce

"Bruce Lamb" <blamb@mayo.edu> wrote:

>In a CDM diagram, I've hidden several entities. When I shut down PD 7 and
>restart it, upon opening my CDM, those entities are again displayed. How do
>I make them stay hidden.
>Thank for the help

Which version of PD7 are you using?
It is not mentionned in your message, but I guess you saved the CDM
after hiding the symbols...
BTW how did you hide them?

pascal.

0
pascal
8/10/2000 12:10:33 PM
"pascal." <pmenoud_at_sybase_dot_com@> wrote in message
> "Bruce Lamb" <blamb@mayo.edu> wrote:
>
> >In a CDM diagram, I've hidden several entities. When I shut down PD 7 and
> >restart it, upon opening my CDM, those entities are again displayed. How
do
> >I make them stay hidden.
> >Thank for the help
>
> Which version of PD7 are you using?
> It is not mentionned in your message, but I guess you saved the CDM
> after hiding the symbols...
> BTW how did you hide them?
>
> pascal.

I am running PD 7.0.0.507. The steps I did are these...

1. Clicked on the entity within the diagram.
2. Right clicked the entity and chose "Hide Symbols"
3. Did a "File/Save"
4. Closed PD 7
5. Opened PD 7 and the diagram.
6. And now the entity is back.

Bruce

0
Bruce

PowerDesigner 7.0.2
I have created notes in PowerDesigner in the Diagram. When I close the document and reopen it I get garbage for text. Here is an example: Original text in note: Step 2: C++ code, - determine which *.dat files to load - delete old *.dat files - call stored procedure 'loadWOSdata' with *.dat filenames as input stored procedure 'loadWOSdata' - loads data into THEAD and TITEM - calls stored procedure 'loadSummary' - a...

PowerDesigner 7.0.2
I created a Note in PowerDesigner diagram. I entered the following between the **** in the note: ************** Step 2: C++ code, - determine which *.dat files to load - delete old *.dat files - call stored procedure 'loadWOSdata' with *.dat filenames as input stored procedure 'loadWOSdata' - loads data into THEAD and TITEM - calls stored procedure 'loadSummary' - adds rows to TSTATUS for ...

PD 6 and PD 7.5
A MCD file, generated by POWERAMC 6 can not be read with the new release 7.5. Is it a known problem ? can someone help me ? (I've installed EBF 2) thanks Hi, I remember having seen a problem like this importing V6 model when a business rule is attached to an association link. If it is your case, you should detach the business rules, import the model in V7 and attach the business rule back in the V7 model. Hope this is your case. Marc. Charles DEPAEPE wrote: > A MCD file, generated by POWERAMC 6 can not be read with the new release > 7.5. > Is it ...

PD 7 and MS SQL 7.0
Hi! Does anybody know whether PD 7.0 supports MS-SQL 7.0 ? thx Kornel Yes it sure does. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org LK <lengyelk@axis.hu> wrote in message news:38217DA3.A0025A16@axis.hu... > Hi! > Does anybody know whether PD 7.0 supports MS-SQL 7.0 ? > thx > Kornel > ...

PD 7.0 upgrade to 7.5
I am trying to update my PowerDesigner (DataArchitect) application from 7.0.0.507 to the 7.5 version available from downloads.sybase.com. The 7.0 version works. The upgrade keeps saying "PowerDesigner 7.0 was not found". If I try the update with PD running the patch says "PowerDesigner 7 is currently opened". Any suggestions? My only advise is to contact Sybase tech support. I've heard of this happening before to people, but never experienced it myself. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mailto:psyclo@NO_SPAM.datamode...

PD 7.0 + Upgrade to 7.5
Model->Business Rules Where is column Rule type ? ----------- Leonid leo@softincom.ru.zzz leo_r@email.com.zzz ICQ UIN: 7281017 Antispam, sorry ! Remove '.zzz' from email When the business rule list is displayed, Click the Customize Column and Filter button in the list toolbar. (second from the right) Check the checkbox next to Rule Type. Click OK and Rule Type will be displayed. An enhancement request has been submitted to have this selected by default, but once you change it once it will retain your selection until you install PowerDesigner again. This functi...

Computed Column with PD 7 and SQL 7
Hello, Does anyone know how to specify a computed column in a table using PD 7 and MS SQL 7? Thanks, -- John De Lello DelWare Software Solutions Programming solutions for today's complex problems http://www.DelWare.com Just to make sure I give you the right answer, which version and build of PowerDesigner are you using? And, for your lurkers, that piece of information saves us the step of asking for the version/build. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org http://www.datamodel.org "John D" <JohnD@DelWare.com>...

compatibility between PD 6.5 and PD 7.5
I'm using PD 6.5 and I would like to upgrade to 7.5 but the MCD files can not be read by the new release whereas the mpd file can be read. Can someone help me. Maybe my MCD file is corrupted ? I've downloaded the EBF 2 but it does no correct the problem. thanks OK, you have the AMC version. Did you make sure that you installed the full version 7.5? The "PhysicalArchitect" version has the MPD but no MCD, "DataArchitect" has MCD and MPD but no OOM, etc. What error message do you get when you open the V6 MCD model? Can you create a new MCD model in 7.5?...

7 #7
Name: Rovensky Email: K_39-9atmaildotru Product: Firefox Summary: 7 Comments: Suuuupeeer! Fox Draive! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ru; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

7 #7
Name: Inan Email: maung_bandungatyahoodotcom Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 8 Summary: 7 Comments: this is my first time use this program Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a8) Gecko/2007091216 GranParadiso/3.0a8 ...

PD 7.0.1 vs. PD 6 issues
I am trying to evaluate PD 7 and fould the following features apparently missing from PD 6. I noticed that there are a number of things you do in a different way so it may be that I cannot see how to get to these features. 1. Extended Attributes - We make extensive use of this in PD 6 and if it is in fact no longer available in PD 7 we will have to return the software. 2. Ability to set the line style - So far I have only been able to change line colors not. It is a pain to straighten this out, but not critical. 3. Inability to generate a create script - I am getting numerous errors...

*7*7
Name: baggar Email: zememraatyahoodotfr Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: *7*7 Comments: haloooooooooooooooo Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061204 GranParadiso/3.0a1 ...

General #7
Name: Nick Email: xxteargodxx_at_gmail.com Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: General Comments: <3 Firefox 2 Beta 2 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1b2) Gecko/20060821 Firefox/2.0b2 ...

Will PD 7.5 support DB2 7.1?
See that DB2 7.1 now has counter fields. I'm wondering if PD 7.5 will support the generation of schemas that use them. I want to migrate a schema from Access 97 to DB2 7.1. Wondering if I should wait for PD 7.5 to come out before even making the attempt. Advice? PD7.5 will have support for DB2 7.1 (yippee!) Heck, I haven't even moved my production models over to PD7. I'm waiting for 7.5 as well. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org "Randall Parker" <rgparker@west.net> wrote in ...

Web resources about - PD 7 hiden symbols do not remain hidden - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Book:Typographical symbols - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a Wikipedia book , a collection of Wikipedia articles that can be easily saved, rendered electronically, and ordered as a printed book. ...

Peace for Paris - the artist behind the symbol that's gone viral
... of murderous attacks in Paris at the weekend, French artist Jean Jullien had sketched out what has become known as the Peace for Paris symbol ...

Paris attacks: #PeaceForParis symbol goes viral following terrorist attacks
A Peace for Paris symbol, combining the Eiffel Tower with the '60s peace sign, goes viral following the Paris terror attacks.

It’s Laundry Day, but what do the symbols mean on the label?
There are probably some people out there who know exactly what the care symbols on clothing labels mean. But, there are many who do not and if ...

Amazon backtracks after covering NYC subway car in Nazi symbols
... version of the book, Amazon Studios perhaps took that premise a little too literally by filling a New York City subway car with Nazi symbols ...

What’s up with all the Nazi Germany symbols on a NYC train?
Decorating a New York subway car with symbols from the second World War might be one of the best ways to promote The Man in the High Castle , ...

Eiffel Tower Peace Symbol: The Least Appropriate Thing Ever
So what does France do? What does the American media do? Lionizes a symbol of weakness and surrender.

'Peace for Paris' symbol goes viral
Paris (AFP) - A "Peace for Paris" symbol, combining the city's beloved Eiffel Tower with the peace sign of the Sixties, has gone viral following ...

Twitter could move beyond its heart symbol to offer richer responses
A feature hidden in a developer version of Twitter's app shows emoji to express more emotions. That feature would add complexity to the service, ...

Ads with World War II symbols pulled after outcry in NY - CNN.com
New York subway ads promoting the Amazon streaming series "The Man in the High Castle" have been pulled after an outcry.