PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's

[Originally posted to pb.general with no reply.  Hoping someone here can
shed some light.]

We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended
attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852.  DW's generate fine using
AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it
crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's:
The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo)

Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes
the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes
again.

Anyone else have this problem?

--
Neil Negandhi
negandhi@vex.net

0
Neil

AppModeler in that respect was only intended to generate an initial version of
the DW; not for continued maintenance.  It was just to shorten the initial
development cycle if you had a known data model.  If you look at version 8.0, it
has an OO model which generates NVO's.  Don't know if this helps or not, but it
can do round-trip engineering to and from the PowerBuilder code.

--

Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org

"Neil Negandhi" <negandhi@vex.net> wrote in message
> [Originally posted to pb.general with no reply.  Hoping someone here can
> shed some light.]
>
> We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended
> attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852.  DW's generate fine using
> AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within PowerBuilder it
> crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's:
> The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5 (DBI_EditStyleInfo)
>
> Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them fixes
> the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder Attributes
> again.
>
> Anyone else have this problem?
>
> --
> Neil Negandhi
> negandhi@vex.net

0
Michael
3/27/2001 9:00:58 PM
Actually, we're not touching the dw's that AppModeler builds.  We're trying
to create new ones within PB.  This results in a GPF until the catalog
repository tables are cleared.

--
Neil Negandhi
negandhi@vex.net
> AppModeler in that respect was only intended to generate an initial
version of
> the DW; not for continued maintenance.  It was just to shorten the initial
> development cycle if you had a known data model.  If you look at version
8.0, it
> has an OO model which generates NVO's.  Don't know if this helps or not,
but it
> can do round-trip engineering to and from the PowerBuilder code.
>
> --
>
> Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
> mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org
> http://www.datamodel.org
>

> "Neil Negandhi" <negandhi@vex.net> wrote in message
> > [Originally posted to pb.general with no reply.  Hoping someone here can
> > shed some light.]
> >
> > We've just begun to start experimenting putting dw column extended
> > attributes in PowerDesigner AppModeler 6.1.5.852.  DW's generate fine
using
> > AppModeler but when we try to build a tabular dw from within
PowerBuilder it
> > crashes with this exception on 3 different PC's:
> > The exception generated was c0000005 at address 1124F2C5
(DBI_EditStyleInfo)

> > Deleting the PB catalog repository tables and having PB recreate them
fixes
> > the problem until we use PowerDesigner to Generate PowerBuilder
Attributes
> > again.
> >
> > Anyone else have this problem?
> >
> > --
> > Neil Negandhi
> > negandhi@vex.net

0
Neil

PB 7.02-8046 DW GPF's
Hi All Has anybody been experiencing GPF's when trying to open/create DW's under build 8046 and if so, what exactly did you do to cure it? This started yesterday (*all* copies of PB within 4 hours!) and we were only able to continue development by going to 7.03 C5 (10047) which has introduced a number of other GPF's. We would actually like to remain on 8046 for now as it has been very stable up to now. Any help appreciated. Bruce Nordstrand Forgot more relevent info: Windows 2000 Pro SP1. Tried all the registry tricks, regening, export/import etc etc. 8046 o...

Upgrading to PB 7.03 DLL's --> Rebuild project generated DLL's???
We have several apps that are all built using windows machine code DLLs and were last compiled / rebuilt when first migrated to pb7. If I upgrade to pb7.03 and then install the latest build 10077 or whatever it is do I need to rebuild all the DLL's? I'm assuming yes and feel more comfortable doing it anyway but it is time consuming and always a risk putting out new DLL's on the network. I did think I read somewhere that one of the fixes or enhancements in 7.03 was faster network execution of DLL's. Is this true? thanks jack Jack, Although it sometimes...

Can we create PB 7.02 Dll's on netware 4.11
We have created dll's on a netware 4.11 machine and when we try to run the executable from there we get the message "Error opening dll...". However, if we copy the same dll's to a windows 2000 machine and run the exe, it works just fine. Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated. VJ I had a similar problem with Novell and it worked fine on an NT machine. If memory serves, it was a problem with the Novell client. On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:12:44 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general <NOSPAM_valerie.johnson@footstar.com> wrote: >...

7.02/7.03/7.04
Is there some documentation somewhere that outlines the major differences between these versions? It seems that they're all three still active codebases. We're using 7.0.2.1506 in production, and I want to recommend an upgrade, but I'm not sure which version to target. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Look at the online help (HtmlHelp) included with 7.04. The home page has links to new features in 7.0.4(none), 7.0.3, 7.0.2, etc. Also, from this document on the sybase website (http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1002288,00.ht...

dw event 'sqlpreview' problem in PB 7.0 and 7.01 maint
Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no script,but I puts any script(even a comment character), it works normaly! Please fix this problem as soon as possibile ! Nick, I am not aware of this problem, but if indeed it does exist, this is not the forum to receive Sybase technical support or fixes for software bugs. Please open a case with Sybase Technical Support at 1-800-8-SYBASE to pursue. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support Nick wrote: > Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no > script,...

PB 7.02 and the PB O84 Oracle driver not checking SQL's
Did I miss something? We were running PB 7.02 with the O73 driver and it would check the SQL for validity. I change to the the O84 driver and it does not check for SQL. I can purposely put an invalid column name in a SQL in some Powerscript, it will give a error/warning with the O73 driver. I change to the O84 driver and it will compile without error/warning? I also checked my executables, and they have similiar problems, I get errors with the O73 drivers and not with the O84 drivers. Do I need to set a switch somewhere? Paul Watje pwatje@bigfoot.com Got a respons...

PB 7.02 composite reports not autosizing? Also, 'case' option for a dw column.
The number of rows displayed in the nested dw is not 'growing' based on the number of rows retrieved, so only the rows that 'fit' into the dw are being displayed. Increase the size of the nested report as it lies on the main dw and you see more rows accordingly. Also, I cannot for the life of me change the 'case' (upper,lower,any) for a dw column that is a dddw edit style that allows editing. No matter how I try and save it, it reverts back to what it was. Has any one else seen either of these, or am I losing my mind? should I just go home early? We have ...

7.02 or 7.03
I am moving this weekend from 7.01 (we have a problem that has crept up that was supposedly fixed in 7.02). My question is this, I think that 7.03 is a beta. How safe is it to go to 7.03 now, or should I just go to 7.02? We have a simple setup - One MTA, One PO, one gwia, one webacc, and around 200 clients. Pere wrote: > I am moving this weekend from 7.01 (we have a problem that has crept up that > was supposedly fixed in 7.02). My question is this, I think that 7.03 is a > beta. How safe is it to go to 7.03 now, or should I just go to 7.02? > > We h...

Upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.03 crash on report dw
Hi All, I just tried to upgrade from PB 7.0.2 to PB 7.0.3 successfully but there is one problem that certain report datawindows crash when it retrieved data. I have no problem with these datawindows in PB 7.0.2; therefore, I am really lost here. Please let me know any suggestion or information is really appreciated and thank you very much in advance. Any chance you can identify a common attribute? For example, we know that detail bands of height less than 2 can blow things up. Once you've got a suspect cause, we can come up with work arounds. Let us know, Terr...

Coexistence of Minor releases (7.01, 7.02, 7.03, ...)
The release of minor point versions means that you can not easily have both versions of PB on your computer. This is a problem for any company that has to maintain versions of product on different point releases of PB. This is a problem for everyone - well at least any company that wants to migrate their software to newer release of PB and then TEST it before going into a production environment. This is a HUGE problem for consultants and software development companies that have multiple releases of PB. I think the 7.03 release even had a warning that to go back to 7.02 that you sh...

Composite dw's in PB 7.0
Has anyone got composite dw's which have multiple retrieval arguments to work in PB 7.0? I enter in the args for the composite dw but right after I enter in the first arg for the nested dw a "'(' expected after function name' error pops up. I know about the create in 6.5 -> migrate to 7.0 workaround but was hoping someone had found a solution in 7.0. -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

PB 7.02 GPF's in PBODB70.
Hello, I just installed maintenance release 7.02 (build 8003). Now my application GPF's. Module PBODB70.DLL address 0167:10c505ef. Does anybody knows how to fix this major problem !! Regards, Johan Bakker Pragmatic. Did you rebuild your app? Johan Bakker wrote: > Hello, > > I just installed maintenance release 7.02 (build 8003). Now my application > GPF's. > Module PBODB70.DLL address 0167:10c505ef. > > Does anybody knows how to fix this major problem !! > > Regards, > Johan Bakker > Pragmatic. -- Bill Green[Team...

PB 7.0
I'm new to all of this, and I did browse everywhere it seems... What is the easiest way to create and display an updateable datawindow in a web browser. I feel that I must have missed something in my reading. Is there a working 7.0 example somewhere? Platform is PB 7.0, IIS (using cgi), and ASA. Thanks Glenn Miller ...

Web resources about - PB 7.02/7.03 Crashing When Creating DW's - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Wedding crashing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... the Busted song, see Crashed the Wedding . For something that is offered at the event, such as free catered food or alcoholic beverages . Crashing ...

Search Twitter - twitter crashing
Log in Sign up Search Refresh Nine News Australia @ 9NewsAUS 33m . @U2 ’s Bono will require surgery after crashing his bicycle in New York City’s ...

Driver casually exits truck through windshield after crashing - YouTube
Like a Boss ! Авария на южной объездной г.Владимир Чувак вышел через лобовуху

Trail bike rider dies after crashing into tree
A 24-year-old trail bike rider has died after he crashed into a tree south-west of Sydney.

Satellite Pictures Of The Empty Chinese Cities Where Home Prices Are Crashing
The long-predicted crash has arrived with a vengeance in China’s original ghost city. Click here to see satellite pictures > Home prices have ...

How the deliberate crashing of Germanwings Flight 4U9525 unfolded
As they climbed towards their cruising altitude of 38,000 feet, the conversation between Captain Patrick Sonderheimer and his co-pilot Andreas ...

A water skier is critical after crashing into trees at 90km/h on Hawkesbury River
A WATER skier is in a critical condition after crashing into trees at 90km along the banks of the Hawkesbury River this morning.

Rui Costa claims men's road race at world cycling championships as Evans is hospitalised after crashing ...
Australia's Cadel Evans has been hospitalised after crashing out of a dramatic men's road race won by Portugal's Alberto Rui Costa in testing ...

Man dies after crashing into dam at Mount Samson
Man has died after crashing his car into a dam northwest of Brisbane.

Google disables support for third-party keyboards in Chrome due to ‘crashing issues’
... Apps and Google Chrome at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Google disables support for third-party keyboards in Chrome due to ‘crashing ...