migrating old ldm type to ansi2

Hi,

I use PD 15.2 latest ebf. Try to load an "ancient" ldm. Get
the options "convert the model to a logical date model or
change dbms target to "Ansi level 2" with second options
greyed and unselectable. Does anybody know, how to get to
second choice ?

thanks in advance
Wilko
0
Wilko

try
menu File -> Legacy LDM
0
Stefan
11/17/2010 3:03:41 PM
> try
> menu File -> Legacy LDM
Hi Stefan
thanks for response,

but this doesn't solve my problem. Importing a legacy
logical model will automatically be converted to a new
logical model while loosing all views. When PD 15.0 was
introduced, I had the option to covert a ldm to Ansi Level
II while opening.

regards
Wilko
0
Wilko

How to migrate from PowerDesigner 6 to PowerDesigner 10
I have several PD 6 models I wish to migrate to version 10 and have a few questions: 1) It appears that opening the model with the new version will automatically convert it, but are there any issues I should be aware of first? Is there a conversion program for changing from such an old version? 2) How do I migrate the Process Models? It appears I can open them but it appears the porcess flow charts are gone! 3) Are there any other pitfalls of which I should beware? Cool, even V12 can open V6 models. The ProcessAnalyst model probably won't open cleanly. Man, I haven&...

How to migrate PowerDesigner 6 to PowerDesigner 11
I am with difficulties "to take" models generated in PowerDesigner 6 for PowerDesigner 11 (evaluation). Already I tried to make the steps below, but I did not get success. Step 1 - The basic File/Open I chose diagrama.pdm file (generated in version 6) and To open. It starts to read the archive and finishing he almost gives to the error "failed you read the file". Valley to detach that the procedure was attemped with other archives (also generated in version 6) and I did not get success and that the same ones continue functioning in version 6. Step 2 - Co...

To migrate or not to migrate...
I am currently working on a project that is written in PHP...  Very poorly.  I have to do a complete re-write.  I can code in either language, so I am trying to determine if I should convert to .Net or not. Is one really any more scalable than the other?  Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the interpreted code? Is there a list of large, high-volume, commercial web sites (other than MS, of course) that run on .NET? Thanks. J  >Is there a noticeable difference in speed between the compiled code and the inte...

What generals generally do

Migration Issue. (The type '<component type>' exists in both <file1.dll> and <file2.dll>)
The type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\10.2.3600.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\10.0.3300.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll'    D:\Limewise\Research\pbk2005\App_Code\ui\CRReportDocument.cs    10    103    D:\...\pbk2005\...

data type migration
--------------6EDDF0D41043469507C830BF Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit In the Sybase document #20098 Migration from Open Server 2.x to Open Server 11.1.x it states that all the SRV datatypes have been replaced with CS datatypes. Does anybody know what the Open Server 11.1.x datatypes map to the following Open Server 2.x datatypes? SRVVARCHAR SRVVARBINARY SRVFLTN SRVDATETIMEN SRVMONEYN The document states that CS_CHAR_TYPE*, CS_BINARY_TYPE*, CS_FLOAT_TYPE*, CS_DATETIME_TYPE*, and CS_MONEY_TYPE* should be used. The * is nullable c...

Powerdesigner and old datamodells
Hey ! I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and an object modell ! I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the tables from the a database in my new physical object modell ! It is possible? But how? I didn't find the feature to do this ;-( When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too? Greetings horst In your PDM, select the database menu and then reverse engineer database. You can then reverse via script or ODBC. After the database is reverse engineered, you can use the PDM to generate...

Powerdesigner and old datamodells
Hey ! I experience with powerdesigner! To create an physical data modell and an object mpodell ! I have a connect to a sql anywhere database. Now I try to import the tables from the a database in my new physical object modell ! It is possible? But how? I didn't find the feature to do this ;-( When it is possible, can I do that with the object modell too? Greetings horst Reverse engineering. Regards BMartins "mathias schnoor" <mathias.schnoor@softarray.de> escreveu na mensagem news:dqo4e7$ush$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Hey ! >...

Generalized type helpers?
In the same vein as class helpers, what would you think of generalizing class helpers into type helpers? Some pseudo-code to illustrate: type TIntegerHelper = class helper for Integer function ToString : String; end; function TIntegerHelper.ToString : String; begin Result:=IntToStr(Self); end; would allow to write myIntVar.ToString (2).ToString without boxing or anything fancy involved, only syntaxic sugar, the compiler/parser would merely turn function TIntegerHelper.ToString : String; internally into class...

pack / for general types
This patch allows len/format to work for any format type, not just strings. Basically for the non-string types it tries to gobble up all arguments that are left, unless you give an explicit repeat count. It also makes the * optional in the format. It's not paranoid about what exactly the format is since unpack isn't either. Quick, predict what this outputs: perl -wle 'print for unpack("aX/a*", "6abcdefghijkl")' This shouldn't break anything since it only makes things that used to be illegal work. Patches for blead and stable attached: ...

Unable to cast object of type 'TYPE' to type 'TYPE'.
I've got a custom class and collection...I want to use them to databind a Grid, and persist the state using a Session variable.  However I keep getting the above error **Sometimes...There will be times when it works fine, and times when it totally craps out.System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'ApprovalCycleCollection' to type 'ApprovalCycleCollection'. This should work fine, no?  I want a property to use in all my foreach loops   public ApprovalCycleCollection NewApprovalCycle { get { if (Se...

Access old server after migration
We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the old server. Any thoughts? Thanks. > We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we cannot gain access to the > old server. Any thoughts? Thanks. I should be more specific and tell you that we are simply attaching via x- over cable, not trying to access across network. How did you migrate your old server ? Cheers, Edward <dpropson@comlivserv.com> wrote in message news:UUhVe.3582$h61.3178@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com... >> We've successfully migrated to 6.5 but now we...

Migration and re-migration
We are currently running GW 7.0.1 on NW 6.5 and want to migrate it to Linux. However, we want to finish up with the GW system running on the same piece of hardware. It looks to me like the best thing to do is to use the Consolidation and Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to a "new" NW 6.5 server, then install OES Linux on the original hardware and use the GW Server Migration Utility to migrate GW to Linux. Is this the best way to do it or have I been out in the sun too long? (Couldn't have; there's not enough sunshine in Washington to bother anybody.) Richard...

type overwrites other type
Name: Pu Email: padhealedatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: type overwrites other type Comments: type doesn't fit or overwrites other type see bottom of page. http://www.startupnation.com/homebased100/ Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - migrating old ldm type to ansi2 - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Thunderclap Migrating From Twitter to Facebook
Thunderclap, a mass-messaging service that gained popularity on Twitter, has set its sights on Facebook . Twitter recently booted Thunderclap ...

Facebook Migrating Unofficial Page Fans to Official Pages at Brand Owner’s Request
Rupesh Mandal is such an avid fan of the Opera Mini web browser that he set up a Page on Facebook totally devoted to celebrating it, and then ...

YouTube - Evaluating & Migrating to Cloud Storage
Hochgeladen am 31.08.2011 When evaluating cloud storage, no matter the need, there are criteria that must be placed above the rest, including: ...

UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating professionals, study finds
... with 28 per cent, was the leading source of professionals, according to the LinkedIn study. The UAE is the global leader in attracting migrating ...

Enchanting video shows hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters
A video showing hundreds of stingrays migrating through shallow waters&nbsp;has gone viral,&nbsp;months after being uploaded to Facebook.

The krilling season: Whales keep tourists migrating south
Earlybird whale watchers in Eden have been rewarded with astounding acrobatic displays in the bay.

Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great
Migrating Swans were bound for glory, says great

Researchers say Irukandji jellyfish migrating further south along Qld coast
Researchers say climate change could be altering the migration patterns of the dangerous Irukandji jellyfish along Qld's east coast.

Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating to more advanced technology
... Company , iPhone , and iPad continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple chip supplier TSMC announces record profits, migrating ...

More eBay Merchants Migrating to Amazon in Search of Sales Growth
EBay's once-loyal merchants are moving more of their business to Amazon, saying they get more for their money by selling merchandise via the ...