Migrate high version PDM to Lower version

Hi All,
I need some help from you, I am facing in problem.
Earlier we used power designer 11 version for updating PDM.
As there is some problem in using v11 we used v12 for few
days and we made some changes with the v12 power designer.
Now we want to use v11 only. ut when we try to open the PDM
file with v11, its opening and saying that we need to use
higher version.
So can you please tell me how can i open the PDM file in v11
with loss of any data from the PDM.
And also tell me that is there any possibility to save the
v12 file as v11 file.

Thanks in Advance
0
Babu

You can find the version in the XML of Model file.
Set it to PD 11 and open it. This might work or not.
0
Stefan
11/22/2010 3:10:22 PM
> You can find the version in the XML of Model file.
> Set it to PD 11 and open it. This might work or not.

Thank u for your response. Can you please tell me the
procedure to get the xml of the model and how to set to PD
11.

Thanks in Advance
0
Babu
11/23/2010 1:57:15 AM
I typically use ultraedit to open the pdm and expose the
underlying xml.  If you don't have ultraedit, you may be
able to use notepad or wordpad.  Open a model that was
created in PD 11 to get the exact version.  Copy that.
Then, open your newer version model.  The version
information is on the 1st or 2nd line of the xml.  Overlay
with the PD 11 version, and see if it works.  If not, change
it back and you haven't lost anything.

> > You can find the version in the XML of Model file.
> > Set it to PD 11 and open it. This might work or not.
>
> Thank u for your response. Can you please tell me the
> procedure to get the xml of the model and how to set to PD
> 11.
>
> Thanks in Advance
0
LesW

having 2 version
Name: elvio Email: elviojrathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: having 2 version - english version and portuguese version Comments: I ´d like to know if it is possible to have both the English version and the Portuguese version at the same time Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.8.1.8) Gecko/20071008 Firefox/2.0.0.8 ...

Migrating from source version to install version of DOTNETNUKE
Hi all, I have 3 dotnetnuke sites which are running on the DotNetNuke Source package (Version 3.2.2).Each of these sites has its own set of folders(DotNetNuke folders) and the respective databases. Now i would like to migrate them to the Install package. I wanted to know as to how i can do this without disrupting the existing functionality of these sites.It would be very helpful if someone who has already tried this can give the exact approach to be followed. Thanks in advance. The easiest way would be to install the install version into a new folder pointing to a temporary DB, th...

Installation of lower version when higher version is available
Hi All I need to have three versions of PB (6.5 , 8.0 & 11.2) to be installed in my system for a particular project.I have received PB 11 software which I need to install. I will receive the other two versions later . Would I be able to install PB 6.5 and 8.0 when PB 11.2 is already installed . Please give your feedback. Thanks Anand Having different versions on the same machine is not a problem. The files that go in the ...Shared\PowerBuilder folder have the version number in their name. For example PBVM60.DLL, PBVM80.DLL & PBVM110.DLL. <Anand> wrote in message ...

Powerbuilder after migration from 9 version to 11 version
Hi All, After migration from Powerbuilder 9 to Powerbuilder 11.1 version. I'm facing below errors. Errors: ====== DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_filesrvmac).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_filesrvmac DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_filesrvwin16).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_filesrvwin16 DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_platformmac).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_platformmac DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_n_cst_platformwin16).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: n_cst_platformwin16 DSEAPSRV.PBL(dse_w_changepassword).dse_w_changepassword.dse_changepassword. 7...

migrating perl from version x to version y
Can some one tell me if there is an easy way generally speaking to migrate one version of perl and the modules installed under it to another version? Also, in this specific case I want to go from 5.00503 to 5.8.0 The wrinkle is that the box that needs to be upgraded does not have http/ftp access to the world and can only be accessed through several hops from inside our network. If this were a file system I needed to move, I could simply tar it up and move it over. Is there something similar for perl? Links/docs are appreciated. Thanks! richf On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 10:56:09A...

Steps for loading a databse from higher version to lower version
Hii, Please let me know the steps how to load a database(lower backup version) from higher backup verion database..... On Aug 20, 12:02 pm, Rajasekhar Reddy wrote: > Hii, > > Please let me know the steps how to load a database(lower > backup version) from higher backup verion database..... Are you familiar with the "bcp" tool? Rajasekhar Reddy wrote: > Hii, > > Please let me know the steps how to load a database(lower > backup version) from higher backup verion database..... You can't load backwards across major version nu...

Migrating from version 5.0 to version 7.0
I am trying to fix a program someonw wrote in PowerBuilder 5.0. I have PowerBuilder 7.0 and when trying to open the program that needs correcting the new version makes me migrate the libraries to 7.0. When I do this there is a pluthera of erors that are listed below. Is there anything that can be done. I am VERY new to PowerBuilder and am looking for assistance.....Thank you Object: gatesale Global Variables (0021): Error C0001: Illegal data type: str_user_id Object: w_gatesale_administrator Forward Declarations (0002): Error C0001: Illegal data type: w_sheet Object: w_gatesale_d...

Migration from 1.1 version to 3.5 version
Hello All,  I need to convert my Solution from 1.1 to 3.5. Could any body let me know the process and steps involved in it. Regards, generalproblem  Try to open the project using Visual Studio 2008 and follow the convertion wizard. Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you Is that all we need to do?? Is there any other way other than this?  >Is that all we need to do?I would advise to:Ensure the projects compile cleanly in VS2003 (the less warnings the better)Make sure every file in the solution is writeable.Backup the solution...

old version pbd file to new version (migration)
how to convert old version(v.8) pbd file to new version (v.10), with migration not work ? Hi Gicu; No ... you need the PBL that contains the source code to migrate. The migrated PBL can then generate the new PBD. This is extremely important as PB 8 is ANSI based and PB 10.0 and higher is Unicode based. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <gicu voicu> wrote in message news:49f59b75.1517.1681692777@sybase.com... > how to convert old version(v.8) pbd file to new version > (v.10), with migration not work ? ...

opening version 12 PDM file in version 11
Dear all, we are working with PowerDesigner version 12. A customer of us only has the version 11. Can he open/work with our design (pdm) files or can we export them for version 11? If yes, are there any restrictions? Thanks in advance! Cheers, Gergely There is no way to save a version back, but they may be able to open and work with your 12 model in 11, though backwards compatibility is not guaranteed. If all they need to do is view the model, they can always download the viewer for free. But, if this is shared work between you and your customer, they really nee...

PowerDesigner version for non professional use or student version
Hi All=85 I am looking PowerDesigner version for non professional use or student version, so that I can learn it and I am make my career with Sybase PowerDesigner .. Anyone can help me? Thanks Jessica On Jan 28, 7:42=A0am, Jessica wrote: > Hi All=85 > > I am looking PowerDesigner version for non professional use > or student version, so that I can learn it and I am make my > career with Sybase PowerDesigner .. > Anyone can help me? > > Thanks > Jessica PD doesn't come in those flavors at the moment. I've asked that the "Free Mode...

very high cpu usage with all versions of firefox incl all versions of 3
Name: markboulder Product: Gran Paradiso Summary: very high cpu usage with all versions of firefox incl all versions of 3 Comments: cannot find what is causing it.. have disabled java, blocked flash, but no help.. just a little decrease from 90-100 to 85-95% ??? they need to fix this fast it occurs on all 10 of my lab machines all versions of windows xp and vista Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Help regarding Migration Version 2.18rc1 to Version 4.0.1
Hi Team, I need you help to migrate Bugzilla. I have to migrate Bugzilla *Version 2.18rc1 to Version 4.0.1. * Please suggest the steps. You help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.* * Regards, Vishal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ * * ...

Problem with migration of application from version 5.0.0.1 to version 7.0
Hello, I am trying to migrate an application from version 5.0.0.1 to version 7.0. Although my application is succesfully regenerated and it runs fine on the PB 7.0 application environment when I try to compile the application I get illegal operation fault: PB70 caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:00373537. Registers: EAX=00000002 CS=015f EIP=00373537 EFLGS=00010216 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0068f028 EBP=00000001 ECX=cd75ec00 DS=0167 ESI=01da5690 FS=29cf EDX=bffc9490 ES=0167 EDI=01dac788 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Any ideas? I have also noticed that...

Web resources about - Migrate high version PDM to Lower version - sybase.powerdesigner.general

1-800-Flowers Becomes the First Client to Migrate to Facebook’s Revamped Atlas Ad Platform
... platform , which Facebook announced at Advertising Week 2014 in New York at the end of September, has its first client, as 1-800-Flowers migrated ...

Facebook Migrates 400,000 Users to Fans of Apple’s Page
While Facebook has been turning up the marketing on businesses and brand owners to create Facebook Pages, one feature of Pages that is less well ...

Why, when and how to migrate to Windows 8 - Windows 8 migration, Windows 8 deployment, Windows 8, Windows ...
Windows 8 machines are coming out sometime this fall, but that doesn't mean businesses should shift to panic mode to upgrade their corporate ...

'You don't migrate to this country unless you want to join our team': Tony Abbott renews push on national ...
Prime Minister Tony Abbott has elaborated on his "Team Australia" remarks, telling a radio interview that "you don't migrate to this country ...

Tony Abbott's woman problem migrates to his ministry
Tony Abbott is having women trouble. It's nothing he said, mind.

Doctors and Nurses From Poor Countries Migrate To Rich Ones
Australia has saved almost $640 million by poaching doctors from some of the poorest countries in Africa.

Pacific Islanders reject 'climate refugee' status, want to 'migrate with dignity', SIDS conference hears ...
Pacific Islanders who may be forced to flee rising sea levels say they want to be able to migrate with dignity.

Polar bears migrate to Canadian Arctic for longer lasting ice: study
Some polar bear clusters have slowly moved to islands north of Canada's mainland that are retaining the Arctic ice for longer, according to a ...

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... all of their content, playlists, music, and preferences will be safe until January 19th, 2016. That means that you have until then to migrate ...

Verizon Explains the Real Reason Geese Migrate
Every weekday, we bring you the Ad Age/iSpot Hot Spots , new and trending TV commercials tracked by iSpot.tv , a company that catalogs, tags ...