Informix 8, xps 8.5 DBMS Table Type and Index type

Hi!
Is there anyone using Informix 8.5 xps that have an updated
.xdb file you would like to share?

For example; how to work with table types (raw, operational,
standard, static) when generating and especially reverse
engeneering?

and also Index types.

Many thanks in advance,
Inger
0
Inger

Sorry, but I don't have that XDB.
However, adding the table type isn't a huge effort.
First, clone the current Informix V8 XDB file, naming the new one 8.5xps
or something.
Edit the clone.
Right-click on Profile/Shared, and add new Extended Attribute Type.
Name the new attribute type as "XPSTableTypes".
Add the 4 values "RAW", "OPERATIONAL", etc. in your preferred order, and
select a default.

Right-click on Profile, and add Table.
Right-click on Table, and add a new Extended Attribute.
Name the new attribute "TableType"
Select the data type as "XPSTableTypes".

Now you will be able to assign the table types to your tables.

Next we need to let it generate the new table types.
Expand Script/Objects/Table.
Select the Create item.
The first line of the Value reads:
    create table [%QUALIFIER%]%TABLE% (
Between "create" and "table", insert this:
    [ %TableType%]
The line now reads:
    create[ %TableType%] table [%QUALIFIER%]%TABLE% (

That will generate the correct DDL.

Now, you want to be able to reverse engineer the table type.  I'm not
sure what the query is to retrieve that from the system catalog, but you
would want to edit the Script/Objects/Table value for SqlListQuery.  It
is currently empty.  I'm not sure why.  If you look at other DBMS
entries, like Sybase ASA9, you will see others that include an extended
attribute in the query.  Let me know the query and I'll see what I can
do to finish this out.

It may seem like a lot, but it is pretty cool that you can customize the
support for each DBMS like this.

--
Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

Inger wrote:
> Hi!
> Is there anyone using Informix 8.5 xps that have an updated
> xdb file you would like to share?
>
> For example; how to work with table types (raw, operational,
> standard, static) when generating and especially reverse
> engeneering?
>
> and also Index types.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Inger
0
Mike
10/16/2004 10:25:38 AM
Thanks!,
it works.

Haven't got the select for reverse engineering of this in
the informix system tables yet.

I also managed to add indextype gk as follows:
a. Added Script_>Objects			added IndexType  with gk
b. Added Profile->Index->Extended Attributes	added
ExtGKSelect with datatype text
c. Changed Script_>Objects->Table->Create		create
from:
create  [%UNIQUE%] [%CLUSTER%] index [%QUALIFIER%]%INDEX% on
[TABLQUALIFIER%]%TABLE% (%CIDXLIST% )[%OPTIONS%]
to:
create [%INDEXTYPE%] [%UNIQUE%] [%CLUSTER%] index
[%QUALIFIER%]%INDEX% on		 [TABLQUALIFIER%]%TABLE%
(%CIDXLIST% [%ExtGKSelect%])[%OPTIONS%]
d. To use in model:
On Index for the table select the gk index type.
Write Select statement  in Extended Atributes ExtGKSelect.
For example:
create gk index ordersgender on SALES (select as key
c.gender from SALES s, CUSTOMER c where s.cid = c.cid)

I hope this is the right way to add it.
Inger
0
Inger

8.8.4 vs 8.8.5
Should I or should I not? I have 24 NW65sp8 Edir 8.8.4 in my small school system. I see not only that 8.8.5 is out but also a FTF1 sp that looks to fix some serious issues. My question is this. Is 8.8.4 stable enough that I can wait or are their issues that I may not see yet that should push me towards upgrading as soon as possible. We also use the LDAP for authentication purposes for an Astaro firewall. The content filter for surfing allows us to have multiple profiles for allowed surfing. And based on who you are is what profile you get. This has been problematic in that we ...

Upgrade 8.8.4 to 8.8.5 NW v6.5 SP7
Hi, I have a test server on NW v6.5 SP7, 8.8.4. I started to install 8.8.5. It got 6% in and the power went out to the server. Upon reboot everything loaded fine except for DS (expected). Is there away of either putting back v8.8.4 or finishing off the upgrade 8.8.5. Or is it a reinstall of the server? Thanks for any advice. -- tsher1978 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tsher1978, > Or is it > a reinstall of the server? > Have a look in the knowledgebase for "down server upgrade" - Anders Gustafsson ...

Unable to upgrade from 8.8.2 to 8.8.5
Hello, I am getting the following error when running nds-install: ./nds-install: line 863: [: too many arguments ./nds-install: line 885: [: too many arguments ./nds-install: line 885: [: too many arguments %%% There are no components available to install. %%% Some packages required for the components may be missing in I am thinking it might be related to the version of compat installed which is 2006.1.25. gettest is installed. This is a SLES 10 Patch level 3 currently running eDir 8.8.2(v20213.03). This is the last server in the tree to be upgraded and I have not run into t...

FastCGI Memory Leak on Win2000 with perl-5.8.0,5.8.1,5.8.2,5.9.0
I have been testing all the version of perl on Win2000 with FasCGI.. From the version 5.8.0, there were memory leaks with FastCGI. Earlier versions include perl-5.7.3 worked fine. I have been digging the sources more than a year, but I could not find out. Is anybody solve this memory problem ? Regards, RisaPapa ...

List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 pass on 5.10.1RC0, 5.10.0, 5.8.9, 5.8.8
Following up on my report that List::MoreUtils-0.24 failed its tests on the "maint-5.10 snapshot (aka 'RC0')" that came out on July, and Tassilo later confirming the nature of the problem ... List::MoreUtils-0.25_1 was just released on CPAN, and I have tested it manually from a download of the tarball from search.cpan.org, and the problem appears to be fixed. A clean unpack/Makefile/make/make-test passes all tests on 4 versions of Perl on my same PPCG4/MacOSX10.5.7 machine: - 5.10.1RC0 built by me with defaults, custom install loc - 5.10.0 built by m...

5.8.8
If there's a plan for 5.8.8, it goes roughly like this 0: All changes that apply to maint are integrated from blead 1: Changes should be in blead by midnight (GMT) on the 16th October 2005 2: RC1 will probably appear within a week I'll be out of the country for the first week in October, and probably mostly incommunicado. I'll be in the country for the second week, but again mostly incommunicado. This definitely isn't a problem, as a: how patches get into blead *isn't* my direct concern b: stable stuff isn't done as a last minute rush job [You may...

eDir 8.8 or 8.8.1
--____PFHXATGSAXOEYDMZASIM____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Fri, 2 Nov 2006 04:58:20 -0600" Hello all, I always seem to not get this right. I am always confused about what = means what. I think it changes too much. Is eDir 8.8.1 really eDir 8.8 sp1 or is there an 8.8.1? I have 8.8 sp1 and am wondering if I need to upgrade to 8.8.1? Tom --____PFHXATGSAXOEYDMZASIM____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____IHFBHLEKCBLIDCAIXTDG____" ...

DBD::ODBC works in perl 5.8.7 but fails in 5.8.8 and above
Hi, Back in March this year Jonathan Gillespie reported the following error in DBD::ODBC test suite: Can't change param 1 maxlen (51->50) after first bind at >t/20SqlServer.t line 180. (see http://www.mail-archive.com/dbi-users@perl.org/msg26946.html). The same version of DBI and DBD::ODBC works fine in perl 5.8.7 but fails in perl 5.8.8 and later. I've even tried 5.9.4. I never really got to the root of the problem but it appears: in dbdimp.c did a: svGrow(phs->sv, 50+1) but SvLEN(phs->sv) returns 52! DBD::ODBC does not expect this so the tes...

Upgrade NW6.5 SP8 from eDir 8.7.3.10b to 8.8.5
Hi, We currently have 10 NetWare 6.5 SP8 servers with eDirectory 8.7.3.10b. 4 with Full Read/Write Replica's and 6 with Filtered Replicas. We're planning to replace all the NetWare servers with Sles/OES2 next year, but in the meantime I'd like to upgrade them to eDirectory 8.8.5. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on the best way to achieve this on NetWare and can we mix versions? Is there a straight forward upgrade path on netware or should I just skip straight to migrating replica servers to Linux starting with the master? Thanks! Peter ...

Wx 0.98 on OS X 10.5.8 / perl 5.8.8
Dear Mailing List, I am trying to install Padre 0.80 on OS X 10.5.8, with the system Perl =20= 5.8.8. I followed the instruction at = http://padre.perlide.org/trac/wiki/DownloadMacOSX=20 .. I managed to get a clean install of most of the dependencies, which =20 was a bit challenging. For the record : - "test Test::Harness" fails when using "sudo wxperl -MCPAN..." but =20 is fine with "sudo perl -MCPAN...". Complains about a bareword in /=20 System/Library/. I guess the path to wxPerl.app is somehow the cause. - "install Pod::Simple" (...

eDir Netware 6.5 sp6 8.7.3.9 to 8.8.5 ??
I have several Netware 6.5 sp6 8.7.3.9 servers. When I do a version at the Console the result is Novell Open Enterprise Server Netware 6.5. I'll assume this is OES1 as we have not upgraded the Netware servers to OES2. The eDir 8.8.5 documentation lists the prerequistes as OES2 and OES2sp1 as well as Netware 6.5 sp7 or higher. Do I have to upgrade these servers to OES2 before I can upgrade to eDir 8.8.5? I would like to first patch these servers to sp8 and then upgrade eDirectory to 8.8.5. Will this be OK? All the documentation I come across specifies OES2 only and no...

Smoke [5.8.9] maint-5.8-8-g2674b61 FAIL(F) linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 [debian] (x86_64/8 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.8.9 patch 2674b61957c26a4924831d5110afa454ae7ae5a6 maint-5.8-8-g2674b61 nigelhorne.force9.co.uk: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (GenuineIntel 3401MHz) (x86_64/8 cpu) on linux - 3.2.0-4-amd64 [debian] using cc version 4.7.2 smoketime 3 hours 25 minutes (average 11 minutes 25 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = m...

Novell 6.5 SP7 and eDir 8.8.8 and eDir 8.7.3
Hello! I have a server that I'm planning to migrate onto new hardware. I built a Migration server on the new hardware with Netware 6.5 SP7 and upgraded to eDir 8.8.2. Unfortunately I didn't notice at the time I had an old copy of the migration document and when I updated it I found there was a warning that both Machines had to be eDir 8.8.2 and Netware 6.5SP7 if you wanted to migrate to a machine with dDir 8.8.2. The machine I am migrating from is Netware 6.0. Is it ok to just uninstall eDir 8.8.2 and then install eDir 8.7.3 on the server or do I need to completely rebui...

5.8.0 vs 5.8.+
Because of the perl version wars (mine is better) here at work, and the incompatability of versions between platform, (incompatability meaning Linux->perl->5.8.1 SunOS->perl->5.00500 /usr/local/bin/perl) I'm forced to compile my XS for: SunOS 5.005 5.6.0-gcc 5.6.1 5.8.0 5.8.1 5.8.2 5.8.3 Linux 5.6.0 5.6.1 5.8.0 5.8.2 5.8.3 These are only warnings, but I prefer to not have any warnings. THere are 6 of these. I get this message: make[2]: Entering directory `/data/cdmg/dev/cdmg_toolbox/LaffPerl' /apps/gcc/3.4.1/bin/gcc -c -D...

Web resources about - Informix 8, xps 8.5 DBMS Table Type and Index type - sybase.powerdesigner.general

IBM Informix - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Informix is a product family within IBM's Information Management division that is centered on several relational database management system ...

IBM Informix (@IBM_Informix) on Twitter

Informix - News, Features, and Slideshows
Latest news, features, and slideshows on Informix from Computerworld

Informix Database Administrator / Developer

Informix technology whiz bails out for Andromedia
San Francisco, CA News - View Daily Local Business News, Resources & more in San Francisco, California. Informix, the Menlo Park-based database ...

S&P Stock Reports: Informix Corp.
Revenues in the first quarter of 1997 declined over 30%, owing to sluggishness associated with product transition uncertainties stemming from ...

Informix says Oracle is "sleazy"
... A CNET article by CNET News.com Staff, . Published on January 24, 1997 12:30 PM PST. No love has ever been lost between database makers Informix ...

IBM Acquires Informix
IBM took a major step today in its effort to strengthen its software business and take down Oracle by agreeing to acquire Informix Software's ...

The Four HundredIBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition
IBM Buys Other Half of Informix with Ascential Acquisition by Timothy Prickett Morgan Four years ago, in April 2001 to be precise, IBM bought ...

IBM's Informix buya billion dollars worth of benefit?
So IBM is buying Informix Software, Informix Corp.'s database unit and the heart of the company.