How to get conceptual model changes into physical model?

Hello!!  How do I get the changes that I made on the conceptual model to
show up on the physical model?  ex. my new table.
0
Jodie

- Go into the "Tools" menu and select "Generate physical data model" (or
CTRL+G from the CDM)

- Select "Update existing data model", select the PDM you want to update and
check the "preserve modifications" option if you want to keep changes
previously made on the PDM.

- You will be presented with a compare window which shows you the changes
that are going to be done in your PDM  You can choose to implement them or
not.

Hope that helps

<Jodie> wrote in message
> Hello!!  How do I get the changes that I made on the conceptual model to
> show up on the physical model?  ex. my new table.

0
Alain

PowerDesigner Conceptual modeling/Physical modeling...when to do it
We're trying to understand when in the development life cycle conceptual modeling should take place. I'm hoping someone on this list can give me some advice or point me to a good source for this sort of information. The development process for us appears it should be... 1. Gather business requirements 2. Write a Functional Spec 3. Write a Technical Spec 4. Code But where in the above 4 steps do we do the DB modeling? Is conceptual in 1&2 and physical in 2&3? Please advise. We do conceptual modeling (CDM) during the Business Requirements Gathering and Func...

Could I create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical Data Model??
I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse engineering.. Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? Thanks in advance!!! Select the Tools\Generate conceptual model menu <Xavi> wrote in message news:4739638d.297c.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse > engineering.. > > Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? > Thanks in advance!!! ...

How to create Logical model with powerdesigner 11.1. ( Not Conceptual model)
We bought powerdesigner 11.1 and using oracle Db 10g rel 2. I would like create Logical model ( LDM) file and then convert this LDM to PDM. But with this PD only can create CDM(conceptual) and then convert to PDM. There is not option given to convert from CDM to LDM adn then LDM to PDM. I would like create non-identifying type relationship and also use rolename column in my child table instead same column of parent table. please let me know if someone have answer for this . thank you very much. jitendra.rana@bofasecurities.com The way PowerDesigner implements the LDM is with a spec...

Why PowerDesigner change order of trigger items when compare current model with archived model in modify Database Process?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub41a3479d Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have problems with trigger comparison in Modify Database process. PowerDesigner show me changes in triggers that are only order in trigger items. How to disable this behavior? My models (current and archived) are ORACLE 8i2 and PowerDesigner is 9.5.2.908 EBF4. See attached picture for details. Thanks for any elucidation. ---=_forums-1-dub41a3479d Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="Trigger Items di...

Create logical model from physical model
I'm looking for suggestions for ways of creating a logical model from a physical model. I know it can be done. The bit issue that I have is Name and Code. Since we only have a physical model, the names and codes are the same. I thought of manually creating a conversion table, but don't think that will work since our names are like this: PROVNUM I would ideally like to find a way where the logical model would have Provider Number as the name and PROVNUM as the code. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks. Happy Holidays This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ...

Generating physical model from logical model
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------040608020200010900010207 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am using PowerDesigner 9.5.2.920. This problem is related with the one posted as *Generating PDM from PDM logical* 2004 11 04 . I have a CDM model. Then I generate a logical model. No changes were made to the logical model. Then I generate the physical model, for a n IBM DB2 UDB 7 Common Server database. Looking at the physical model I realize that PowerDesigner did not convert the data types in th...

Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?
I have selected my conceptual model and go to generate the physical data model and I am not able to select the Update Existing Physical Data Model. Any ideas why? Do I need to do something special to my logical model or something before I can do that? At this point I only have the database in the tool. I have not set up a repository if that matters. If you did not create a Physical Data Model before you need to do so and choose a DB engine. For the repository, I don't know I don't use it. <Jodie> wrote in message news:CF80427DA375B3310066BC3285256A72.0066BC41...

Why am I not able to select Updata Existing Physical Data Model option when I want to Generate a physical model?
I do currently have a physical model. I created the physical model from my current database and then created my conceptual data model from that. Not that I updated my conceptual model I am not given the option to update my physical model. Hi Jodi, I'm not sure if I understood. You created a conceptual model out of a physical one? Why do you want to update your phys. model from the just created conceptual one? Did you do any changes in the concept. model? No? Then the case would be clear - no updates - no changes. Regards Reinhold. Jodie wrote in message <2A81C1E65E503...

Reverse Engineer Logical Model from Physical Model ?
Is it possible to reverse engineer a Logical PDM from a Physical PDM ? I can only find in the PD help information about reverse engineering a physical PDM from an actual database or scripts, but haven't found anything about reverse engineering a logical PDM from a physical PDM. Is this possible? Thanks, Andy Mackie. (PhysicalArchitect 11.1) "tools - generate conceptual model" on PDM creates a CDM Adrian "A Mackie" <andrew@mackie14.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:xn0ejsvqw9e7jv000@forums.sybase.com... > Is it possible to reverse engin...

xsd to Physical or Conceptual model?
Is there any way to create a physical or conceptual model from an XML schema? I know I do the reverse (create a schema from a physical model). We want to construct a business information model based on an industry standard. The standard is represented with a XML schema. Our goal is to end up with a conceptual model. There are hundreds of elements in the schema so creating the model manually would be a very arduous and error-prone task. Carl Boone schrieb: > Is there any way to create a physical or conceptual model > from an XML schema? I know I do the reverse (create...

Unable to Generate new physical model from Logical Model
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b7d803f Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Using PowerDesigner 15.0.0.2613, I am no longer able to generate a new physical data model from a logical data model. The DBMS dropdown was empty, and I was not able to click OK or Apply to continue. However, I was still able to Update the existing Physical Data Model from the logical model. I have unsuccesfully tried to resolve this problem by: Creating a new project and a new logical model with only one entity. A...

generate option not exported when merging logical model to a physical model
using version 10.0.0.1077 i have a logical model between PDM for oracle 8.1.6 and SQL Server 2000. in the logical model there are some references I wish NOT to generate. so i unclick the generate option. when I generate a PDM for SQL Server (or for oracle) the generate option is not exported. the only way i found to export this option is to remove all the references in the target model and re-generate it from the logical model. not a very good solution, obviously... is this a bug? thanks --andre First, try downloading the maintenance patches for V10. You are using ...

Change default comment when generating physical model
Does anyone know if and how I can change the default behavior of the generate script from physical model to something different eg /*==============================================================*/ /* Index: */ /*==============================================================*/ to say ---*==============================================================*/ --* Index: */ ----*==============================================================*/ This will allow me to execute these scripts using isql. Database | Edit Current Database Then browse to Script...

PDM changes lost on Generate Physical Model
I've been away from the Data Architect tool for a year or so, but am using it again, and not getting the results I remembered from past usage. My current release is 6.1.3.659. I'm having trouble retaining physical changes to my model such as: I want to rename a FK index or I want to delete a FK index (not generate to the database) or I want to change the PK in a table, but when I go back to the CDM, the physical model gen always takes it back to the default name. I have checked preserve modifications on the PDM gen options. I looked for the 6.1.4 upgrade, but don'...

Web resources about - How to get conceptual model changes into physical model? - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Conceptual schema - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A conceptual schema or conceptual data model is a map of concepts and their relationships used for databases . This describes the semantics of ...

Patsaouras Plaza Connector (Conceptual Plan) - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Conceptual Plan for Patsaouras Plaza Connector platforms for El Monte Busway

Gravity Inverse Square Law Conceptual Exam Questions- YouTube
If the distance between the masses increases by a factor "n", then the gravity force goes down by a factor "n^2". If the distance decreases by ...

Lost in Yoko Ono's labyrinth of conceptual art
Lost in Yoko Ono's labyrinth of conceptual art

Big Idea: How conceptual cities of the future could float, walk or fry
If the ancient city was an egg, as British architect Cedric Price put it, its modern equivalent is fried.

Conceptual Artists Get Their Chance to (Poorly) Separate Oreo Cookies - Adweek
"Maybe you should just use a knife." That's one of the less charitable reactions to this latest Oreo Separators video from Wieden + Kennedy—part ...

The Conceptual AIRE Mask Charges Your iPhone With Your Breath
... ideas like the AIRE could help push us in the right direction. Would you use the AIRE if it existed? [via The Huffington Post ] The Conceptual ...

Richard Prince Is Selling Conceptual Instagram Art at Gagosian
Richard Prince is turning his Instagram notoriety in his favor yet again, selling the works through Gagosian.

Honda to show off conceptual new Ridgeline truck at SEMA
Filed under: Aftermarket , 2015 SEMA Show , Honda Among the various modified vehicles that Honda has lined up for the SEMA show in Las Vegas ...

"Two years ago, the Smithsonian Institution acquired a conceptual work by Chilean artist Alfredo Jaar ...
"The piece — titled 'Life Magazine, April 19, 1968' — is one of Jaar’s lesser-known works, produced when he was culling through the archives ...