how to extract table comments and column comments from physical data model

I try to extract the table comments and column comments
using the report tool in Power Designer.  It does not allow
me to do it.  Do anyone know how to extract these
information out?
0
Sally

Sally,
   I am using PD 10.0.  Not sure what version you are using,
but in order to show comments in report, I go to "Table
Card" and "Table Column Card", respectively, highlight it,
then select layout from the options.  When the layout
selections appear, check off comments.

> I try to extract the table comments and column comments
> using the report tool in Power Designer.  It does not
> allow me to do it.  Do anyone know how to extract these
> information out?
0
Les

Exporting table, table comment, column, column comment, attributes to csv file.
How can you export table, table comment, column, column comment, attributes to csv file. Thanks, Joe Joe, You could write a report but it is probably easier to: - go to Model | Columns - set the filter to expose all the data your are interested in - click upper left corner of matrix - click the copy icon - paste contents to an empty Excel spreadsheet - from Excel write out the file in csv format Rick B > How can you export table, table comment, column, column > comment, attributes to csv file. > > Thanks, > > Joe I agree with Rick, but if you...

to comment or not to comment
Hi All, I've been mastering Asp.net c# for a month and what a tool this is......awesome, ( microsoft youv'e econverted me).  Im currently developing an app for a friend who wants the function of a commenting system on his index page. I want to know if this is possible to do as I dont know where to start. Have tried google and their are a few good places but nothing to keep it all inside one page. What I mean is say at the bottom of the page there hopefully will be a box where people can add comments and submit them. The last three comments hopefully should be displayed bel...

Table and Column Comments
Setting the comment on a column or table is well documented in the Online Books, but they seem to have neglected to decribe the method for retrieving a comment. I am looking for a means to record in the database the headings to be used in a form or data grid for columns and tables. For instance I have a column called ADDR and I want to associate with it the heading "Current Address". I thought the comment field might be an option, but perhaps someone has a better idea. The system table SYSTABLE contains the comment in the column REMARKS -- Chris Keating Sybas...

table/column comments.
Is there a way for a report to display a tables and column comments? I can't seem to find it. Thank. -- Paul The table and column comments are stored as the "Label" in PowerDesigner V6. Which version are you using? -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] mailto:mike.nicewarner@ibpinc.com http://www.datamodel.org Paul Bennett <bennett@cc.gatech.edu> wrote in message news:38FCB7EB.9A8B457C@cc.gatech.edu... > Is there a way for a report to display a tables and column comments? I > can't seem to find it. > > Thank. > > -- Pa...

comments on tables/columns
At best a "nice to have", CREATE TABLE x ( col1 int not null comment "My column", col2 varchar(30) null ) GO COMMENT ON x "My table" GO COMMENT ON x(col2) "My other column" GO George Saylor wrote: > > At best a "nice to have", > > CREATE TABLE x > ( > col1 int not null comment "My column", > col2 varchar(30) null > ) > GO > COMMENT ON x "My table" > GO > COMMENT ON x(col2) "My other column" > GO What's wrong with having ...

How to use vb script to assign the comment OF column'ExtendedAttribute to the column'comment?
How to use vb script to assign the comment OF column'ExtendedAttribute to the column'comment? who can give me same example of vb script of it? HEHE,the answer of question: Option Explicit ValidationMode = True InteractiveMode = im_Batch Dim mdl ' the current model ' get the current active model Set mdl = ActiveModel If (mdl Is Nothing) Then MsgBox "There is no current Model" ElseIf Not mdl.IsKindOf(PdPDM.cls_Model) Then MsgBox "The current model is not an Physical Data model." Else ProcessFolder mdl End If ' This...

Oracle: PDM: Comment on View column: How to display the Comment Attribute in View properties
In Oracle 8.0 it is possible to create comments on view columns (comment on <viewname>.<columnname> is '...'). In Physical Architect i found no possibility to display the comment-Attribute in the View Properties Dialog. Any special Trick or perhaps a feature for next release? Thanks, Markus Please submit an enhancement request to Sybase via the CaseXpress appliaction. Anthony Hill Sybase Product Support On Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:27:08 -0400, Markus_Schneider wrote: >In Oracle 8.0 it is possible to create comments on view columns (comment on >&l...

Problem in retrieving data from two table when one column entry in each table are same but no column in these table match with each other
Hello there!,       First of all i have two tables . one acts as a master table and other one acts as a details table. Currently the ptoblem with my procedure is, i have entered two entries for one project in the Master table. and to briefly discribe those two entries in the master table , i have entered two entries in the Details table corresponding to the entries in the master table. Now i need to combine the master table entries and the details table entries for the same project which should give only two entreies. but my procedure gives four entries. Could yo...

Problem with comments on tables and columns
Hi! I've created Physical Data Model for Oracle version 8i2. I haven't filled any information in comment fields. Before generating of database creation script I've marked "Comment" fields for tables and columns. But after generation I couldn't find any comments in database script :-( In Power Designer PDM User's Guide I've read about %COMMENT% variable: " COMMENT Object comment. If no comment is defined the object name is used" Unfortunately It doesn't work in Power Designer 7.5 and 8.0 Beta. If no comment is defined the object na...

Could I create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical Data Model??
I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse engineering.. Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? Thanks in advance!!! Select the Tools\Generate conceptual model menu <Xavi> wrote in message news:4739638d.297c.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm trying PowerDesigner 12 and I wanted to do reverse > engineering.. > > Is it possbile create a Conceptual Data Model from Physical? > Thanks in advance!!! ...

Comments on DNN Data Model
I have coded by own variant of the IBuySpy Portal application to incorporate some of the features that I am interested in. I would like to comment on the portal's data model with the DNN core team since I recognized that DNN is based on the IBuySpy Portal application. 1. The role data (AuthorizedEditRoles and AuthorizedViewRoles) stored in the Module table is not "Normalized". For example, the UserRoles table captures the many-to-many relationship between the User and Roles table; therefore, a new table called ModuleRoles should be created to capture the many-to-many relationshi...

populating a column in one table with data in a column from another table?
Hi,I have one main table and multiple smaller tables, the main table consists of all the information gathered from the smaller tables, plus some other data. I've set primary keys for all the smaller tables and created a relationship where the primary key id matches an id field inside the main table eg. there's a smalltableid column in both the smaller table and the main table.some misc info:i'm using a dataset (should the key in the dataset be pointing to the main table, or the smaller one?)both relation and foreign key constraints are created (with no rules set)my problem is, the data from ...

How to display column comments in the physical diagram?
Hi, I reverse engineered an Access database. The column description in each tables were imported into the PowerDesigner as column comments. Is it possible to display the column comments in the physical diagram somehow? I looked at the Tools --> Display Preferences option but it didn't have an option to show column comments. Thank you! Sorry, but there is no option in any PowerDesigner version to include comments on the diagram like this. With a little work, however, you could use VBScript to export the comments into a text block to display on the diagram. -- Mi...

placing comments on tables, Columns etc?
Hi all, is there any possibility in ASE to place comments on tables, columns etc inside the Database? I tried invain to find such a Feature like it is common in other DBMS in ASE. Any hints are welcome. Greetings Manuel Abdin Hi I don't know of a 'built in' way to do this either, but I would just to the following. (Top of my head) Create a comments table and use a fk to the 'id' in sysobjects. But this won't help if you use a sp_help, as it won't display the 'notes'. You would have to write your own sp_newhelp type stored proc...

Web resources about - how to extract table comments and column comments from physical data model - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Category:Image with comment templates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
To include a template in this category, add [[Category:Image with comment templates]] to the section at the bottom of the template's /doc subpage ...

Wikipedia:Pending changes/Request for Comment February 2011 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As part of this Request for Comment, a third phase considered the use of pending-changes protection in the short term. In accordance with consensus ...

Facebook Mobile News Feed Gets Like, Comment Buttons
Facebook made liking and commenting on news feed posts much easier for mobile users with an update over the weekend that eliminated a step.

Comment: Reforms help Cape York community. Potshots from afar do not
For too long many of us have stood by and let the attacks from these people pass by unanswered.

Labor candidate Imran Syed sacked over inflammatory comments, labels ALP racist
A federal ALP candidate and leading Muslim community figure has been sacked by Labor for sharing material online attacking the West's intervention ...

Facebook app will soon display new content & allow comments even when you’re offline
... display relevant stories you haven’t seen yet, instead of showing a spinner while you wait for new stories. Second, it will allow you to comment ...

Facebook is bringing offline comments and improved feeds
In an effort to help those with slower Internet connections, Facebook will be updating their app with some changes. From offline comments on ...

Triple H Comments on Role with NXT, Finn Balor, Independent Promotions and More - Bleacher Report
A sharp decline in ratings and seemingly stagnant creative product has many inside and outside the WWE wringing their hands about the state of ...

Justice Scalia under fire for affirmative action comments - Videos - CBS News
Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia is under fire for comments made Wednesday during a hearing on affirmative action at the University of Texas. ...

Short Film Tries To Answer: Who Writes ‘The Comments’ On Deadline?
It has been something of a mystery since Nikki Finke started Deadline Hollywood nine years ago. Who writes the comments that follow stories about ...