how to create a user object in a user object

how to create a user object in a user object dynamically ?

I want create an object  row focus indicator (p_focusindicator), in an
userobject datawindow.
But i use in userobject datawindow this code:

ip_focusindicator = create p_focusindicator
SetRowFocusIndicator(ip_focusindicator)

Do you know the solution ?

Thanks
Mikael

0
mikp

You're in the wrong newsgroup.  This a PowerDesigner newsgroup not a
PowerBuilder newsgroup.  You want to be in
powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general

With that being said, I do know the answer to your questions.  First off,
you cannot create a userobject within another userobject dynamically, but I
don't think you need or want to do that.  Just place your picture object on
the window at runtime.  Then just call SetRowFocusIndicator and pass that
picture object.

For future reference, if you do want to create a picture control dynamically
use the OpenUserObject function instead of the create statement.

Chris

> how to create a user object in a user object dynamically ?
>
> I want create an object  row focus indicator (p_focusindicator), in an
> userobject datawindow.
> But i use in userobject datawindow this code:
>
> ip_focusindicator = create p_focusindicator
> SetRowFocusIndicator(ip_focusindicator)
>
> Do you know the solution ?
>
> Thanks
> Mikael

0
Chris

Creating User Objects in User Object at runtime?
Hello All, can I create and organize UserObjects as controls inside a CustomUserObject at runtime? Is there a way to write a usoerobject function like the one for windows { i.e. OpenUserObject(name,xpos,ypos) }? Any hint apreciated. Greetings, Andre' Schaefer Hi Andre, No, AFAIK, this is not possible. You need a windows handle for the opebuserobject() function. -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Andre' Schaefer <SF@bonn.iz-soz.de> wrote in mess...

Placing user objects on to other user objects.
Hello, Can anybody tell me why I'm not able to use syntax like openuserobject to connect an object to another object. You can attach user objects to a window, but can you attach a user object to another user object? BTW, nobody knows any good 3D drawing ActiveX's out there??? Mark Schupay Schupay Software Design 724-453-1331 ssd@zoominternet.net OpenUserObject() is a window (and all PB descendants thereof), not a system or WIndowObject function. That's the technical reason anyway. However, there is a method of doing this. Also, you may need to add the ...

How do I create a dynamic object on a user object?
Oh mighty PB Guru, I'm trying to build a VERY customized chart that can be dropped onto a window or tab page. I'm trying to create a user object that dynamically creates new objects. I have tried using the CREATE statement to setup new Static Text objects and I've tried adding Text objects to a Data Window on my user object. Both implementations seem to work, but nothing displays to my test window. It looks like I just need to set the visible property of my new objects to true. But it's not that simple. - OpenUserObject only works for windows. (Put...

User object move unsuccessful if server holding user object in replica is down
Hi, Problem: IDM delimited text driver doing a move of an existing user object fails, if one of the servers holding the user object in it's replica is down. However, other user attributes can still be changed (as expected). If you do the move manually (e.g. in iManager) you'll also get an error trying the same operation. Are there any way of detecting this and / or have IDM reprocess the user object in question? Any other suggestions? --- This is rather a large implementation of eDirectory / IDM, and servers holding user objects can be expected to be down sometime...

move, access users visual objects within a visual user object
Hi everyone. I'd like to make a user visual object (uvo) like the DW SQL painter: some nvo placed in an other nvo with lines (links) between them. I don't know if any of you has developp something similar but I encountered several problems: I can't move (with mouse) nvo placed on another nvo (no moveable properties, no move events) I's like to make a planning object as you can see here http://www.handyarchive.com/free/chart/index7.html Is there a way to do thath in PB ? You are better off doing this using a datawindow and yes it HAS been done before.....

creating visual objects within a visual user object problem
I have created a custom visual userobject in which I need to dynamically(runtime) create and display other visual object such as a command button. In other words, How can I create a button at runtime that is contained within the custom visual user object? The window control has OpenUserObject, Is there a similar way of performing this function in a visual user object? Hi, You can't open dynamicly an object on controls expect the control is a window. The one and only way to display an object dynamicly on an user object is to use some winapi stuff. There is a function named s...

create user wizard error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Hello,  I've reached a dead end in my website creation. I am am trying to insert data into another table within the ASPNETDB.MDF database. But everytime I get a error show below. Can someone guide me in the right direction on  Protected Sub CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim txtboxusername As TextBox = CType(CreateUserWizardStep1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("Username"), TextBox)Dim sqlsrc As SqlDataSource = CType(CreateUserWizardStep1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("AddRestInfo"), SqlDat...

Creating user using "Copy from template or user object" option
While creating user with "Copy from template or user object" option and selecting real user object groupwise (6.5.6) mailbox of that user is transfered to new user! Is it OK!? I thought that only few attributes are copied (group membership, rights...) Plese help how to revert... Zbigniew Skreta Zbigniew, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowled...

error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.--in Create user wizard step
 hi i am using a custom create user wizard in my project in this i wrote a block of code in my CreateUserWizard1_CreatedUser event the code is as follows  Dim step1 As CreateUserWizardStep        Dim UserNameTextBox As TextBox = DirectCast(step1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("UserName"), TextBox)        Dim DataSource As SqlDataSource = DirectCast(step1.ContentTemplateContainer.FindControl("InsertExtraInfo"), SqlDataSource)        Dim User As...

Brain sratcher *** hide user object attribute from all users except for couple of authorized users***
Okay, here is the scenario. I would like to create a new or use an existing unvalued attribute in all user objects, which reside under employees' OU. We would like to use this attribute field for populating some sensitive data. We donot wish that our regular user can some how read this field either using console one or by a ldif dump. We would only allow a group of 3 users who would have an ability to add, modify and read the data in the proposed attribute field. Any help would be greatly appreciated. regards Amyn At [root], explicitly grant rights to [root] for the attr...

Tab object and user object with in tabpage
how can I change user object with in tabpage programaticly > how can I change user object with in tabpage programaticly OpenTab/CloseTab PowerScript functions > > how can I change user object with in tabpage > programaticly > > OpenTab/CloseTab PowerScript functions Opentab creates new tab how to use existing tab Are you trying to switch to a different tab page that is assigned as a different tab page (i.e. change tab page from tab page 1 to tab page 2), or are you actually trying to dynamically swap a user object that you are using as a tab page? If the...

A Event of a Dw object in a User Object
How can I trap a Dw event (example Itemchanged event) that it is in a User Object. I've make a User Object with a Dw (DropDownDw style) inside, and I need to catch the Itemchanged event (and his arguments data,row and dwo) of the Dw. I try creating a User Event 'pbm_itemchange' on the User Object, but it not triggered the event I need. How can I do this. Thanks for any help. --------------------- You have to code the itemchanged event on the actual DW control -- if you want to propegate this event upwards, you can define a userevent on the userobject itself, and h...

Changing standard object to user object
I have been handed a window with numerous objects that all inherit from the standard class objects and have been told to incorporate this window into an existing pfc based app. What is the most efficient way to do this? I guess I have two options.. 1. create all a new window inherited from w_sheet and all other objects inherited from their respective pfc base and then copy all the events, functions and code..But this will take a lot of time.. 2. Change the source code, where I would just change the name like type tv_1 from treeview within w_appointment end type and change it...

Declare user events in user object!
Hello, Is anybody know where we can find the document about the "Event ID" for declaring the object? Appreciate your answer! Bible Chien ...

Web resources about - how to create a user object in a user object - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Wikipedia:Why create an account? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is Wikipedia . You do not have to log in to learn. Almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time too, but be aware that the ...

Facebook Teams Up With Google, Microsoft, Others To Create WebPlatform.org, A Developer Support Hub
Facebook may have a tricky relationship with HTML5 , but it still wants developers all over the Web to learn how to use it efficiently. The social ...

Emanuel creates task force to review police misconduct, but critics wary
Chicago Tribune Emanuel creates task force to review police misconduct, but critics wary Chicago Tribune From top left: Deval Patrick, former ...

Scientists Create Substance Harder and Brighter than Diamonds
... in store for this new material. By applying immense heat to loose carbon atoms, then cooling them immediately, the researchers created a new ...

Inside a quest to create US jobs
America's oldest hat maker, the Bollman Hat Company, wants to bring jobs to America and actor Samuel Jackson is helping.

Physics whizzes create 'black hole' to stop urinal splash-back
Aiming to keep khakis clean of urine droplets, a team of researchers turn to moss to develop an insert that will grab more pee.

Verizon creates a working iPhone in ‘Minecraft’
We’ve seen so-called ‘working’ iPhones created in Minecraft before, but they pale in comparison to this one, created by Verizon: it’s a towering, ...

Perrier-Jouet And Ritsue Mishima Create An Oasis Of Calm At DesignMiami/
For its annual DesignMiami/ installation, Perrier-Joüet tapped Japanese artist Ritsue Mishima, who created an oasis of calm in the middle of ...

It Took 55 Miles of Sewing Thread To Create This Complete Spectrum of Visible Color
How do you sew up a seam that hangs 20 feet above your head? You develop your own, industrial-sized needle–like the artist Gabriel Dawe did to ...

Birthday Cake Designed By Autistic Employee Creates Heart Warming Viral Trend
It looks like the birthday cake designed by an autistic Meijer grocery employee has created a viral buzz online. Customer and Facebook user Lisa ...