Global Search and Replace

Hi All,
Is there a way to do a search and replace for all objects in
a Model?  E.g., I have an OOM with 100's of methods and need
to clean up the code by renaming variables and object names
in all methods for all classes.
-TIA
0
RB

Global Search/Replace
Can someone please tell me how to do a global search/replace. I've located the search function in the outline, but where is the replace function? Not built in, but take a look at PibblePeeper on www.techno-kitten.com "Nutshell" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:43b54b85$1@forums-1-dub... > Can someone please tell me how to do a global search/replace. I've located > the search function in the outline, but where is the replace function? > > Thanks Jerry! "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@dataDASHsciDOTcom.die.spammer.die.die.d...

Global Search and Replace. PLEASE!
A code editor MUST come equipped with a built-in search/replace function. Across ALL objects, not just the current script. I agree. <mike_long> wrote in message news:193F1D9204DC84710009B87485256C47.000904D085256C47@webforums... > Across ALL objects, not just the current script. Global search already exists. Global replace: I don't think it is technically possible. Even, when it is technically possible, it is expensive to implement. Additionally, if there are bugs, all of your pbls are potentially damaged. Ben -----------------------------------------...

Tools to globally search'n replace in source code.
I'm looking for any third party tools to loop through all libraries/objects searching and replacing source code. In specific, we need to replace (remove) all references to the owner in SQL statements (owner.objname), and of course, with good accuracy. (A global search for the expression returned 13K hits!). Or - might be ewen better - any API or resource to access and/or export all objects in PBL libraries, so that we can make our own search/replace application. TIA... Andre PBL Peeper (see below) does search and replace. In fact, when I added datawindow SQL as a scope ...

Search & Global Search in PB7
Hi, After the migration from PB5.04 to PB7.0.2.8003, we have some problems with the 'Search' option : the results are often incomplete (with the Global Search) or PB displays the msg "Match not found...". Regenerating & Optimizing options don't resolve the problems. Well-known bug ? By now, we use PBBrowse v2.2 to get right informations. Tks East Well known, often publicized, fixed in 7.02 build 7023 or thereabouts. Still fixed in the latest C3 patch, available from my.sybase.com regards, Bill East24 wrote: > Hi, > > After t...

Search & Global Search in PB 7
Is it just me or have the library painter's Search & Global Search become, for all intents and purposes, useless in PB 7? If I were a less tactful sort I would even say "they suck". I select 1 (count 'em one) object, click the Binoculars, paste in text that I just copied out of one of the scripts, & I get "nope...not there." Global Search acts the same way, presumably because it all goes through the same code eventually. We're using PB 7.0.1, Bld 6012 on Win2K. TIA jeff You're using quite an old build there. There was a bug in...

Search Replace
I have an array that I want to remove every instance of '$' and all leading and trailing white space. My code only seems to remove '$'. I know I can split this into separate commands but is there a way to do this all at once? $_=~s/($\s+)||(\s+^)||(\$)//g foreach (@fields); I have also tried $_=~s/[($\s+)(\s+^)(\$)]//g foreach (@fields); .------[ Paul Kraus wrote (2003/02/03 at 10:29:14) ]------ | | I have an array that I want to remove every instance of '$' and all | leading and trailing white space. | My code only seems to remove '$'...

Global Replace
Is their an easy way to make the same change to a number of objects? I can use the find utility to get the list of objects that I want to change but there does not seem to be a global replace or multiple selection/edit capoability. Do I need to writ VB script to do this? If so, does anyone have a sample they can share. I am trying to change datatype from timestamp to datetime on about 100 columns in a PDM. You may generate a daatabase script first use the generate database option and then modify the script using another tool such as notepad find/replace and then import the m...

Global Replace ??
Are there any good products that would allow me to globally replace within all my painters? I have thousands off occurances of a table owner name in datawindows and inline SQL that needs to change... from DP21. to DBO. . Thanks, Jason PBL Peeper (see below) does this. In fact, it goes through special contortions to handle Search & Replace in datawindow SQL. And, not matter what tool you pick, always remember the first rule of development. OK, so I didn't mean "Test, Test, Test." I meant the second rule: "Backup, Backup, Backup." Don't tr...

Global search
Hi Is there any API to perform a Global search in all the table in the Palm Ultralite database. Something like a Palm find API which searches all the pdb files Bass wrote: > Hi Is there any API to perform a Global search in all the > table in the Palm Ultralite database. Something like a Palm > find API which searches all the pdb files None that I can think of. Remember that UltraLite is a SQL-based relational database. Can you think of any RDBMS that would accomplish this request? greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions ...

Global replace
Hi! I have build an application in English and now I must have it in Greek as well. I built a user object in order to have it turn everything from English to Greek (I have tables that have the English and the Greek equivelent string) when the user logs on with Greek language selected. The problem is that if the datawindow texts are font.charset="0" I get 'ierogliphics' If I have font.charset="1" the Greek text display fine. The Biggest problem is that ALL my datawindows are font.charset="0" I tried to find a tool to let me global-replace ...

global search?
Hi All! In addition to Local Folders, I have 39 accounts. Searching all 39 accounts is very painful. Does anyone know of a way to do a global search? Thanks, and Ciao -- Mark Mark Filipak wrote: > Hi All! In addition to Local Folders, I have 39 accounts. Searching > all 39 accounts is very painful. Does anyone know of a way to do a > global search? Thanks, and Ciao -- Mark It's coming in TB version 3.......... http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/3.0b4/releasenotes/ Thunderbird 3 Beta 4 Release Notes Released: September 22, 2009 New Global Search...

Global Replace
Does anyone know of a utitlity that will do a global replacement of a user defined event. I'm wanting to change the name from ue_tabsave to ue_tabpresave. Thanks......Paul "Paul Moore" wrote: > > Does anyone know of a utitlity that will do a global replacement of a user > defined event. I'm wanting to change the name from ue_tabsave to > ue_tabpresave. Thanks......Paul Paul, You can export the object as a file. Open the file, replace 'ue_tabsave' with 'ue_tabpresave', and save the file. import the file into your pbl. H...

What generals generally do

Global Search
Name: Steve Davis Email: steven5000atgmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: Global Search Comments: I noticed that I can't just search an entire email account. I can only find what I'm looking for when I search in a sub-folder. I'm using Google IMAP with Thunderbird. My suggestion: Make sure search works across all folders for a given email account. Thank you very much. Steve Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Web resources about - Global Search and Replace - sybase.powerdesigner.general

File:Replace this image male.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to an image (e.g. you photographed or drew it yourself) and would like Wikipedia to use it, you must release it under a free copyright license ...

‘Pages And Public Figures’ Replaces ‘Following’ In Facebook’s News Feed Menu
Facebook appears to have slightly altered its News Feed options , changing the listing for “Following” to “Pages and Public Figures.” continued… ...

Facebook replaces ‘brand resource center’ with new website and assets
Facebook has launched Facebookbrand.com to replace its previous brand resource center. The new site is more visual and offers additional guidance ...

Funny Movie Maker - Replace Your Face on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Funny Movie Maker - Replace Your Face. Download Funny Movie Maker ...

NASA just chose SpaceX to replace the Shuttle for flying astronauts
jurvetson posted a photo: Elon's design goal = "the safest, most advanced crew vehicle ever flown.” With seats for seven . First manned flight ...

Surface Pro 3: The tablet that can replace your laptop. - YouTube
With a 12" display, Surface Pro 3 has the power of a laptop in a lightweight, versatile form. In this TV ad, with one continuous take the camera ...

Ministry of Labour replaces plastic cards with e-cards - The National
... printed out and accessed by employers and employees, and documents will be linked to Emirates ID. Those already employed will not have to replace ...

Change of the Day: Canadian Town Wants to Replace Its ‘Land of Rape & Honey’ Motto
The town of Tisdale in Saskatchewan has had a very unfortunate slogan for the past 60 years, and they’re finally looking for a new one. Visitors ...

ASI helps Cloud wholesaler replace Cisco hardware with Brocade rentals
ARNnet ASI helps Cloud wholesaler replace Cisco hardware with Brocade rentals ARNnet Cloud Plus is transitioning from Cisco to Brocade hardware ...

Replace petrol taxes with pay-as-you-go road charging, experts say
The rise of fuel efficient cars will force governments to look for alternatives to petrol taxes, a roads conference heard on Monday, with advocates ...