Generate PowerBuilder...

Hi,

I'm new to PowerDesigner.  I have PowerDesigner Version 8 Object Architect.

I'm going through the process of defining the procedures that have to happen
using PD8 to create an application using PowerBuilder 7.

As a learning process, I've created a few use cases, defined classes from
these and used the option to "Generate PowerBuilder..." to generate the code
for these objects.

My problem is that the code for the objects do not import correctly into
PowerBuilder or generate the PBL correctly.

1. The comments field on the general tab of the properties of the class
seems to not support blank lines.

2. If you assign a role in an association between 2 classes, this role name
is used within the PowerBuilder code to declare the objects that will be
used within the object.

Unfortunately I've used english terms such as class Person "is part of"
class Organisation, so PowerDesigner goes of and creates the statement for
the Organisation class

    public Person is part of;

which is incorrect syntax for PowerBuilder to import and rightly so reports
an error.

3. I would also like to know how I can pre-pend the classes name in the PB
code with a string such as "n_cst_", since I've named objects without the
"n_cst_" standard prefix. When I generate the PDM I would rather have Person
as a table name rather than n_cst_Person.

What I would like to know is where and how do you change the way that these
PowerBuilder Statements are being generated within PowerDesigner ?

Thanks,

Chun Wong

--
Senior Analyst Programmer
Daniel Systems Australia

0
Chun

This sounds like a good situation to call Sybase tech support.  If you just got
PD8, you should have free support under the installation clause.  Your
expectation when you bought PD8 was that you would be able to generate PB7 code.
You need help to make that happen.  Tech support should be able to walk you
through this better than I can do.

If someone from Sybase is lurking, can you help out here?

--

Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
mailto:psyclo@datamodel.org

"Chun Wong" <chun@dsa.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to PowerDesigner.  I have PowerDesigner Version 8 Object Architect.
>
> I'm going through the process of defining the procedures that have to happen
> using PD8 to create an application using PowerBuilder 7.
>
> As a learning process, I've created a few use cases, defined classes from
> these and used the option to "Generate PowerBuilder..." to generate the code
> for these objects.
>
> My problem is that the code for the objects do not import correctly into
> PowerBuilder or generate the PBL correctly.
>
> 1. The comments field on the general tab of the properties of the class
> seems to not support blank lines.
>
> 2. If you assign a role in an association between 2 classes, this role name
> is used within the PowerBuilder code to declare the objects that will be
> used within the object.
>
> Unfortunately I've used english terms such as class Person "is part of"
> class Organisation, so PowerDesigner goes of and creates the statement for
> the Organisation class
>
>     public Person is part of;
>
> which is incorrect syntax for PowerBuilder to import and rightly so reports
> an error.
>
> 3. I would also like to know how I can pre-pend the classes name in the PB
> code with a string such as "n_cst_", since I've named objects without the
> "n_cst_" standard prefix. When I generate the PDM I would rather have Person
> as a table name rather than n_cst_Person.
>
> What I would like to know is where and how do you change the way that these
> PowerBuilder Statements are being generated within PowerDesigner ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chun Wong
>
> --
> Senior Analyst Programmer
> Daniel Systems Australia
> www.dsa.com.au

0
Michael

PowerDesigner generation and reverse enginering for PowerBuilder
Hello, All. I have two questions about subj (i'm talk about object-oriented model:). 1. When I generate PowerBuilder-script, i found this problem: if object contain event without event id (e.q. EventID=<None>), then generating script, containing event with eventid <None> !!! But must be generated script with event, containing clear eventid. If I empty EventID field in object operations, then generating function. How can I generate object, containing event without eventid ??? 2. When I reverse enginering from *.pbl (PowerBuilder library), I obtain classes with ope...

PowerDesigner generation and reverse enginering for PowerBuilder
Hello, All. I have two questions about subj (i'm talk about object-oriented model:). 1. When I generate PowerBuilder-script, i found this problem: if object contain event without event id (e.q. EventID=<None>), then generating script, containing event with eventid <None> !!! But must be generated script with event, containing clear eventid. If I empty EventID field in object operations, then generating function. How can I generate object, containing event without eventid ??? 2. When I reverse enginering from *.pbl (PowerBuilder library), I obtain classes with ope...

What generals generally do

PowerDesigner and PowerBuilder
I'm using PowerDesigner for years for data modeling. Now I'm checking out the object modelling capabilities with PowerBuilder. Does anybody use this ability including the PowerDesigner plugin for PB? What are the pros and cons? TIA Arthur What I see is before you invest in purchasing a licensing software... Pls ask Sybase that it PD.x with work with PB.x for example : - PB11.1 does not works with PD10.....and so on.......... Regards , Van "Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote in message news:47efae8b$1@forums-1-dub... > I'm using...

PowerDesigner from PowerBuilder
Hi I'm trying to create new user object in the model opened that I have from powerbuilder but I need the icon in my PainterBar4 and when I open de toolbar 4 I don't find any icon. My PainterBar4 is empty. Anyone know what I forget to configure? I don't know if I have to configure something in PowerBuilder or PowerDesigner. Please help me. Veronica Did you enable the powerdesigner plugin inside powerbuilder ? Goto Tools --> Plug-in Manger and it will give you a window the availabe plug-ins and you should have powerdesigner in the list check it and then you ...

Generating Foreign Keys in CDM
Hi, This I think is a simple question, but I have read the documention and tutorials and do not find what I need. I am using PowerDesigner 9.0, and my target database is Microsoft SQL Server 2000. I am creating two entites in the CDM one for reference data, a list of products and their atributes, and another entitty in which I want to have a foreign key created in the PDM when generated to reference one of the products. What do I need to do in the CDM to have the foreign key show up in the table in the PDM. I thought from the documention that it is possible to have the fore...

Triggers generated by PowerDesigner
Hi all, I was playing with PowerDesigner and really like it as a visual design tool. But I'm having a problem creating triggers generated by it after opening the file in iSQL and executing it. It always comes up with syntax errors. I can take copy the triggers from the file and paste them into the trigger in Sybase Central and there are no problems. I have triggers created by other tool and they don't execute either in iSQL. This is ASA 7.0.2, and yes I am new to SQL<g> Best regards, Hey Arnor We use PD8 and ASA7.0.3. I often create triggers in ISQL, incl...

Document generation with PowerBuilder
Goodmornig to all I'd like to know if exists a plug-in or such a thing to traslate the layout and its retrieved data of a datawindow in pdf format(Acrobat Reader format). to be more pointed: I'm interested on something such as the HTML convertion made from Datawindow. REGARDS -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Dr. Tomas Uberti Lynx s.r.l. - Via Grismondi, 13 - 24124 Bergamo - Italy cel. +39 347 64 11050 tel. +39 035 412 4282 fax +39 035 417 5854 free phone: Bg 800 991512 Pd 800 991510 Company email-fax +39 02 700 42...

PowerDesigner for PowerBuilder modelling
I asked the question in the PowerDesigner forum but couldn't find anybody. I'm using PowerDesigner for years for data modeling. Now I'm checking out the object modelling capabilities with PowerBuilder. Does anybody use this ability including the PowerDesigner plugin for PB? What are the pros and cons? TIA Arthur http://pbdj.sys-con.com/read/106983.htm On 31 Mar 2008 20:03:46 -0800, "Arthur Hefti" <arthur@catsoft.ch> wrote: >I asked the question in the PowerDesigner forum but couldn't find anybody. > >I'm using PowerDe...

PowerDesigner RDF Generation?
Good morning all, Does anyone know if PD can generate data model metadata in RDF format? Thx, Mark I know I can generate RTF (Rich Text Format), which can be opened in Word, but I'm not familiar with RDF. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike[at]datamodel[dot]org (can you figure what to change?) Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement Mark Cragin wrote: > Good morning all, > > Does anyone know if PD can generate data model metadata in > RDF format? > > Thx, > ...

powerbuilder attribute generation
hello all! i am using powerdesigner 6.1.3 and adaptive server anywhere 6.0. i made a pdm and want to generate attribute into pb repository but found that the pbc_tname and pbc_cnam column in pb tables equals to pdm entry's code property but not name property. i want to dump the talbe and column's name property into pb repository. any help? thanks in advance! ...

PowerDesigner Java generation
I'm looking to use PowerDesigner v 8.0 as part of a project I'm working on. The main point of interest is the generation of Java classes from the Class Diagrams that would be created as part of the design process. However it seems that the newly generated files would overwrite any manual changes that were made to older versions...is this true? If this is the case, then any implementations added to these classes would be lost each time a new generation was made - is this true?? It's possible I've missed an obvious workaround for this, in which case I would be int...

PowerDesigner Report Generator
When generating reports in DataArchtect the description and annotation of every item has the word "Description" and "Annotation" before the actual text. eg see entity customer below CUSTOMER Description Textual description of the Customer entity. I would like.... CUSTOMER Textual Description of the customer entity. IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN DUMP THE WORD DESCRIPTION AND ANNOTATION IN THE REPROT GENERATOR. Dave, There certainly doesn't seem to be any easy way to stop it from displaying the titles. You can change the font to something al...

PowerDesigner & PowerBuilder
I just got my PB10 Enterprise and I thought the Enterprise edition includes PowerDesigner is this true? or it comes with ASA Studio? Thanks IIRC, there was a 6.5 that had PowerDesigner included with PB Enterprise, but none before and none since. PB10 has the ability to integrate with PowerDesigner, so that you don't have to leave the PB IDE to use it. *A* version of PD (just the Physical Data Architecture module, I think) used to come with ASA Studio, but I'm not sure about now. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 15 Jun 2005 16:58...

Web resources about - Generate PowerBuilder... - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles