domain in interbase - collate and character set

How can I create this domain in powerdesigner 9.5.1? I need to specify the
character set and the collate, and for blob types, I must set the sub_type.
See below:

create domain HIERARQUICO as VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET WIN1252 COLLATE
PXW_INTL850;

create domain MEMO AS BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT SEGMENT SIZE 80 CHARACTER SET
WIN1252;

Ronaldo Rezende Vilela Luiz
Uberaba, MG - Brazil

0
Ronaldo

This should be a fairly simple exercize.
What you need to do is edit the definition for InterBase (make a copy of the
original!).
Expand the Profile node, Shared, and Extended Attribute Types (EAT).
Right-click on "EAT", then select "New".
Change the name of the type to "DomainCharType".
Add a list of valid character sets, including WIN1252, and an empty value.
Add another type called "DomainCollateType".
Add a list of valid collation values, including "PXW_INTL850", and an empty
value.
Right-click on Profile, then select "Add Metaclass", then check "Physical
Domain".
Right-click on "Physical Domain" and add new Extended Attributes.
Change the name to "DomainChar" and set the datatype to "DomainCharType".
Add another named "DomainCollate" and set the type to "DomainCollateType".
Now, expand Script, Objects, Domain.
Edit the Create variable.
Change the value from the default:
create domain %DOMAIN% as %DATATYPE% [default %DEFAULT%] [%NOTNULL%]
      [check (%CONSTRAINT%)]
to read more like:
create domain %DOMAIN% as %DATATYPE% [default %DEFAULT%] [%NOTNULL%]
      [%DomainChar%?CHARACTER SET %DomainChar% ][%DomainCollate%?COLLATE
%DomainCollate%]
      [check (%CONSTRAINT%)]

That should get you started.  Do the same thing with the BLOB, but the
"DomainBLOBSize" attribute can just be numeric, unless there is a list of
valid sizes including "80".

HTH.

--
Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase]
http://www.datamodel.org

"Ronaldo Rezende Vilela Luiz" <ronaldinho79@bol.com.br> wrote in message
> How can I create this domain in powerdesigner 9.5.1? I need to specify the
> character set and the collate, and for blob types, I must set the
sub_type.
> See below:
>

> create domain HIERARQUICO as VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET WIN1252 COLLATE
> PXW_INTL850;
>
> create domain MEMO AS BLOB SUB_TYPE TEXT SEGMENT SIZE 80 CHARACTER SET
> WIN1252;
>
> --
> Ronaldo Rezende Vilela Luiz
> Uberaba, MG - Brazil

0
Mike

from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET
------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everybody, Does someone know how to easily convert a file=20 from DOS CHARACTER SET to ANSI CHARACTER SET? A line, for example, from: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=E2=80=A1=C3=A4es\Aquarium.zip To: 19/10/2002 03:06 757281 \Apresenta=C3=A7=C3=B5es\Aquarium.zip Thanks in advance, Josimar ------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C28CFC.410C7D60-- ...

setting a character set
HiIn a security book i'm reading it says i should always set a character set for a web pagee.g. <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />How do i do this?Is this characeter set achieved by the following in the web.config or do i need to do something else <globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" />Thanks a lotandrea...

Character set conversion is not available between client character set 'utf8'
Hi All, I have sybase data source set to iso_1.I have Sybase native client installed on Solaris and i have solaris charset set to utf-8. When i tried to connect to isql plus i am getting error "bash-3.00$ isql -S ARSDBPROD -U netcool -P ars\!cool Msg 2401, Level 11, State 2: Server 'ARSDBPROD': Character set conversion is not available between client character set 'utf8' and server character set 'iso_1'. No conversions will be done. Msg 4002, Level 14, State 1: Server 'ARSDBPROD': Login failed. CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): pro...

character sets ( accented characters )
On jaguar, my pb NVO has datawindow object who will send me html form with accented characters ( in french). I can't get my accented characters on my web page correctly. What and where I have to setup to have my accented characters ? Thank you in advanced ...

DBI & UTF8 & Character Sets in general
This is one of the "big issues" the DBI needs to address soon. As I'm short on time right now I'm going to just throw open this topic and let you all chip in with ideas... I'll try to pick up the pieces later and then, after reviewing here, post a summary of proposals to dbi-users. So, what say you all? Tim. On Mon 16 Jun 2003 16:45, Tim Bunce <Tim.Bunce@pobox.com> wrote: > This is one of the "big issues" the DBI needs to address soon. :) > As I'm short on time right now I'm going to just throw open this Me too. &...

IBX (Delphi XE), Interbase XE and character set UTF8
Hello, I'm trying to get Interbase and IBX running with an UTF8 database. I'm using Delphi XE and Interbase XE. I'm creating the database like this: var aIBDatabase: TIBDatabase; ... aIBDatabase.DatabaseName := 'test_utf8.ib' aIBDatabase.Params.Clear; aIBDatabase.Params.Add('PAGE_SIZE 4096'); aIBDatabase.Params.Add('DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8'); aIBDatabase.CreateDatabase; The fields in the tables were created as VARCHAR. The database really seems to use character set utf8, because with IBExpert I'm able to set and r...

Error converting characters into server's character set. Some character(s) could not be converted.
Error converting characters into server's character set. Some character(s) could not be converted. No changes made to database. UPDATE Ticket_detail SET problem = 'mecho Team, I have set up several table repdefs in our test environment (PROD_jam) to determine the benefit of having table repdefs in addition to a database repdef. After I set up one of the table repdefs I ran several updates on the primary table to verify whether the where-clause was smaller on the replicate database. When I reviewed the transaction in the outbound queue on the secondary rep server (T...

WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8'
RepServer 12.6 ESD#2 RSSD on ASE 12.5.1 ESD#2 I have the following when I created my first RepServer: 2004/06/22 11:22:04 waiting for server 'SYDNEY_RS' to boot... 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Task succeeded: start the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 Running task: configure the Replication Server. 2004/06/22 11:22:09 SQL Server message: msg 14125, level 11, state 0 2004/06/22 11:24:18 WARNING: "Application 'sybinit' is using character set 'iso_1', but the Replication Server is using character set 'utf8&#...

Setting the MySQL client character set
--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This just cost me a few hours of debugging, so I am posting it to spare others: The mysql client character set can be set to UTF-8 with: $dbh->do("set character set utf8"); $dbh->do("set names 'utf8'"); That's in the manual. What is not in the manual is that the order is crucial. If you swap them, it does not work, and you will get very strange results. hp --=20 _ | Peter J. Holzer | If I wa...

character set none max character
I set my DB with none characterr set. When I have to do a comparison whith the higher character , which character have I to test ? ie. where cod1 >= 'zzzz' is it enough ? Thanks Adalberto Baldini ...

Character sets vs. character classes
I've tried to explain the new regexp modifiers /a, /d, /l, and /u to someone today, and noticed for the first time that they are documented as "character set modifiers". That term was confusing our discussion, as the "character set" for the string that is being matched is always Unicode (at the Perl level, as defined by ord() and chr()). The regexp modifiers change the definition of the "character classes" in the regular expression and not the "character set" of the string. Am I just confusing myself, or would it be better to rename these ...

Character Set Characters in ISO_1 versus CP850
We are in the process of upgrading our Powerbuilder V6.5 app's to=20 Powerbuilder V7.0. Powerbuilder V7 required us to use CT=5FLIB while=20 historically, our legacy client/server apps used DB-LIB. Just yesterday,=20 some of our developers noticed that some special characters such as "=A7"=20 were not being returned from ASE properly. Instead, they were being=20 returned as a different special character, "=BA". After doing a little=20 research, we've learned that DB-LIB uses 'cp850' as its default character=20 set while CT-LIB use 'iso=5F1'...

how to set apache2 to display utf8 character set correctly

Character Set
Can i know how to know what kind of character set i have in my SQL anywhere DB? Besides, How to change character Set from ASCII to Unicode? Does it apply to Sql Anywhere 5.0? Thanks in advance DBInfo will tell you the collation sequence that is being used by the database. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all To Submi...

character set
hi: I work in China. When I install sybase,must I install Chinese Character ? If I installed ,whether sybase appear error? tony ...

Web resources about - domain in interbase - collate and character set - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Multiversion concurrency control - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For instance, a database will implement updates not by deleting an old piece of data and overwriting it with a new one, but instead by marking ...

Open core is not open source
Julie Bort of Networkworld.com has an interview with Mårten Mickos of Eucalyptus , formerly of MySQL. In MySQL times it seemed (to me at least) ...

Almico's Home Page
... my interests and soon. I use to program using Delphi. Anyway: several projects of mine are developedunder Linux using PHP, PostgreSQL, Interbase ...

Sun balances acquisition, innovation
Sun Microsystems tries to make clear at its two-day annual analyst conference that innovation paysyet much of the company's biggest plans today ...

Free Trials - Embarcadero Technologies

Phillipe Kahn
Phillipe Kahn

license-discuss@opensource.org: Threads for May 2005
... May 2005 [2] unsubscribe me [3] Open Software License [3] unsubscribe me please [7] Re: License Wizard [5] For thoughts: fair license [1] InterBase ...

Welcome to dbase
Cust_Ser_Tech_Support web site

DB-Engines Ranking - popularity ranking of database management systems
English Deutsch Knowledge Base of Relational and NoSQL Database Management Systems provided by solid IT Home - DB-Engines Ranking - Systems - ...

DBF Commander Version History
History of DBF Commander - new DBF tools, DBF editor improvements, and bug fixes