creating a physical diagram

hi,

using pd 15.2.
trying to create a new physical diagram using scripting
results into an error : activeX-component not able to create
an object.

my coding is : createObject( cls_physicaldiagram)

can anybody help ?

thanks in advance
Wilko
0
Wilko

Hi Wilko,

below is proper syntax. The focus is on the model where you
want to add another diagram.

Dim diag
Set diag = activemodel.physicalDiagrams.CreateNewAt(0,
PdPDM.cls_PhysicalDiagram)

See Ordered collections in Metamodel Objects Help for more
details.

Regards,
Ondrej

> hi,
>
> using pd 15.2.
> trying to create a new physical diagram using scripting
> results into an error : activeX-component not able to
> create an object.
>
> my coding is : createObject( cls_physicaldiagram)
>
> can anybody help ?
>
> thanks in advance
> Wilko
0
Ondra
12/7/2010 12:32:35 PM
Hi Ondrej,

thanks for help.
In the meanwhile I have been helped by a sybaseian with the
following code :

set pd = mdl.createObject( pdpdm.cls_physicaldiagram)

where mdl is the active model.

As I see,both solutions are functional.

many thanks
regards
Wilko
> Hi Wilko,
>
> below is proper syntax. The focus is on the model where
> you want to add another diagram.
>
> Dim diag
> Set diag = activemodel.physicalDiagrams.CreateNewAt(0,
> PdPDM.cls_PhysicalDiagram)
>
> See Ordered collections in Metamodel Objects Help for more
> details.
>
> Regards,
> Ondrej
>
> > hi,
> >
> > using pd 15.2.
> > trying to create a new physical diagram using scripting
> > results into an error : activeX-component not able to
> > create an object.
> >
> > my coding is : createObject( cls_physicaldiagram)
> >
> > can anybody help ?
> >
> > thanks in advance
> > Wilko
0
Wilko

How to create HTML version of your PowerDesigner ERD diagram
Hi, I am using PowerDesigner 10 at my current company and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to publish the ERD diagrams in PowerDesigner to the HTML format so others who don't have the software can view the diagram. From what I can see on the PowerDesigner pulldown menu, there is not an obvious choice to do that. Do I need another component or something to publish them to the web? Thanks! H Liu You want the Reports feature. In V10 you need to create a report as a new object in your model. Reports can be published as HTML and RTF (Word) Here is a link to the ...

Not able to create a DB diagram in SQL Server 2005. No menu option for creating a DB Diagram??
I have created a database with several tables. I want to create a database diagram to show the relationshipbetween the tables. Below are the steps from the SQL Server 2005 documentation on how to create a database diagram. The problem is that when I right click on the Database Diagrams folder I am only given two options. They are:"Working with SQL Server diagrams" and "Refresh"There is no menu choice to create a new database diagram. Can anyone tell me what the problem here is?   To create a new database diagramIn Object Explorer, right-click the Database Diagrams folder or any diagra...

What generals generally do

Failure of opening CDM file created in PowerDesigner 6.1 in PowerDesigner 12
Dear all, I've just purchased the PowerDesigner 12 but I could not open the CDM file created in PowerDesigner 6.1. Thanks for your help. Cheers, Keith You will need to use the File -> Import -> V6 Synchronized Files option. The distance between V6 and V12 is just too much for a direct File -> Open functionality. Sybase has to draw the line at some point for backward compatibility. -- Mike Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mike[at]datamodel[dot]org (can you figure what to change?) Sybase product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cg...

Can anyone tell me how to create UML Data Diagram ? What is UML data diagram and what tool is used?
 I am new to dotnet , Can anyone tell me how UML Data Diagram Looks Like ? How to Create UML DATADIAGRAM? What tool is required ? What is UML DAta Diagram . For my task i have few database tables and i need to pull data from multiple tables ,fot that i need to first create a UML Data Diagram . Pls help me out  Thanks I think you might have been misled.  You don't have to create a UML diagram to do data access.  Please go through the Data Access tutorials on ASP.NET for some assistance. http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/ Good luck! To my knowledge, there ...

Cannot create db diagram
When trying to create a DB diagram on my local SQL Server 2005 db, I get the following error: cannot insert the value null into column "diagram_id" I have searched the web and can't seem to find anything on this. I just simply drag one table from my local db onto the diagram windows and try to Save it and that's what I get. I'm able to save diagrams on a networked SQL Server. Does anybody know how I can resolve this issue?Thanks,Bill Yeager MCP.Net, BCIP Did you encounter the same issue in all of the databases in the local SQL server? Or just particular database(s)? I guess the issue ...

Creating new diagram
I want to select a group of tables in the browser... not on the diagram, And create a new diagram with those tables and any references between them. I swear there's a shortcut to do this. Right click on the model name in your browser, select new, conceptual diagram. Then go down into you list of entities click on the first entity you want. Next click on ctrl and select the next entity you want. Repeat until you have all the entites selected that you want, hold down the left mouse button on a highlighted entity and drag them into your new diagram. If you want all the entiti...

Printing Physical Diagrams
Hi All! I think this topic may have been raised previously, but unfortunately my organisation won't give me access to this list through a news reader and searching with my browser is slightly less effective than useless. OK enough venting ... I want to write a script that will go through each package in the model and print all of its diagrams. I'm fine with the model navigation side of things, just a bit hung up on triggering the print commands. If this is possible (and I'm not sure if it is, based on my blurry memory of previous postings) does anyone have any h...

How to create a workflow diagram?
Hi I need to create a workflow diagram that we show processes linking to processes. I though of using flash to create it but hw can i use it in the web forms? Or are there any controls I can use to create it? Await for your reply :)...

How to create a MOO diagram
Hi All, I am installing power designer 15 and that didn't allow me to create a MOO diagram, how can i do Advancing Thanks I suppose you mean an Object Oriented Model (OOM). If you have the DataArchitect edition of PowerDesigner, OOM is not part of it. > Hi All, > I am installing power designer 15 and that didn't allow me > to create a MOO diagram, how can i do > Advancing Thanks ...

Diagrams in PowerDesigner 7
I have a PDM created in PowerDesigner 7. It is a really large PDM, so I wanted to create different diagrams so that I could view parts of it separately without seeing the whole schema. When I create a diagram, I can restrict the tables and references to show in the diagram. However, after I save it, close it, and re-open it, the diagram reverts to showing all the tables and references in the PDM. I now have to resrict the tables and references to show in the diagram each time I open my PDM. Is there any way to get around this? M. What version of PD7 do you have? The ...

Move physical diagram
How can I move existing physical diagrams to a package? I know how to convert an individual diagram to a package but I don't know how to move diagrams to a package. i.e. I want more than one existing diagram in the same package. (PD version 9) You can easily create multiple diagrams in a package. The easiest thing to do is create a blank diagram and move the existing diagram objects, then delete the original diagram. Let me know if this doesn't work as you would expect. I've had my own problems in this area, so I'd like to hear what you want it to do. -- Mich...

How do I create new diagram types?
We are trying to create Business Architecture diagrams in Power Designer 12.5. I have followed the method used to create DFDs: created a new Process Language, added several metaclasses for the new objects and gave them default shapes and colours. We can build any of several diagrams using the existing Business Process Diagram. What we would like is some way to make the same object automatically look different on the different diagrams within one model. For example, a Target Group looks like a stick figure on a SIAM diagram, but it must look like a blue oval on a Context diagram. the ...

I just created a cool diagram . . .
Gang, You'll see this image soon enough -- on the new DDoS pages I'm creating, but I thought I'd share it earlier since I'm SO pleased with the way it came out. I want to explain how the Internet is a network of networks of networks of networks, etc. etc. ... so this is the first "conceptual diagram" which achieves that result, but lacks the Internet's redundancy. (That diagram comes next! :) http://grc.com/ddos/network.gif It was a PAIN (in the you know what) to create, and as I was doing it I was wondering whether it would be worth th...

Web resources about - creating a physical diagram - sybase.powerdesigner.general

Londonistan: How Britain is Creating a Terror State Within - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The book encompasses a critique of multiculturalism , alleged weak policing, cultural relativism , and what Phillips calls a 'victim culture'. ...

Facebook’s Matt Kelly Describes Process Of Creating Plugin For WordPress
The plugin for WordPress launched by Facebook in June has been downloaded more than 180,000 times, and Engineer, Developer Relations Matt Kelly ...

Creating Online Ads that Drive Brand Awareness
New research shows how the creative elements of online ads impact brand awareness.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook Creating Fourth-Party Privacy Rules for Facebook Connect Widget & Plugin Developers
In a recently-written post on the Facebook Developers Wiki, Facebook had added new rules for information sharing between websites that have implemented ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Great Startup Culture
... with any Bay Area startup these days (ping pong, beer on tap, catered lunches and Macbook Airs) – though these things are, of course, Creating ...

WIRED Creating the Nebula for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get WIRED Creating the Nebula on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Nets of freedom creating mesh networks 03.07.2013 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Strelka Institute photo's photos on Flickr. Strelka Institute photo has uploaded 14526 photos to Flickr.

Creating the incorrigible Cartman - YouTube
"South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone were big fans of "All in the Family," a 1970s CBS sitcom. Perhaps this is why their most incorrigible ...