XML parsing #3

Hi,

We have migrated our application from PB9.0 to PB11.5. In
that we have used a XML that will send the the information
by using POSTURL to one server and will get the response
from the URL. After migration the returned results doesn't
have the correct result instead it has Junk characters. I
assume this might be the XML parsing. But even after using
the encoding [<?xml version = "1.0"  encoding="UTF-16LE"?>]
we are not getting the correct result. Could you please let
me know how to resolve this issue. Do we need change any
settings in the (URL)server for the Unicode changes are only
the Clien side changes (PB) is enough.
0
Saravanan
12/14/2009 2:01:34 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XML::Parser XML::SimpleObject -> First XML parsing pls help
I took the example from http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/18/perlxmlqstart1.html I wanted something really simple for XML parsing that basically just reads values. But I'm stuck (again). #Here's what I'm trying to run: #!c:\perl\perl.exe use XML::Parser; use XML::SimpleObject; use strict; my $file = 'c:\perl\work\job001_card.xml'; my $parser = XML::Parser->new(ErrorContext => 2, Style => "Tree"); my $xso = XML::SimpleObject->new( $parser->parsefile($file) ); foreach my $mail ($xso->child('job_card')->children(&...

could not find ParserDetails.ini in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/XML/SAX; also need some advice about XML parsing modules on CPAN
Hi; I have a Fedora Core 2 full install to which I installedXML::Simple manually (ie: download, extract, perl Makefile.PL, make, make test, sudo make install). Some of the tests did not run since I did not have Tie::IxHash (?) installed. The error message (could not find ParserDetails.ini in /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.3/XML/SAX) is received when I try to run the enclosed perl program using the enclosed data file. I also have enclosed the output. Should I install Tie::IxHash? I would like to have my XML output (after values are updated) formatted the same way my X...

XML Parsing for large XML documents
I'm cross posting this question to perl4lib and xml4lib, hoping that someone will have a suggestion. I've created a very large (~54MB) XML document in RDF format for the purpose of importing related records into a database. Not only does the RDF document contain many thousands of individual records for electronic resources (web resources), but it also contains all of the "relationships" between those resources encoded in such a way that the document itself represents a rather large database of these resources. The relationships are multi-tiered. I've also...

Parsing XML #3
I have a method that returns a XmlDocument. I am using the following code. I dont want to use ChildNodes(0),ChildNodes(1) instead i want to use the node name what is the best possible way to do this. I dont want to load this into dataset or anything just using this xmldocument for displaying information. Can someone refer some really good reference books for xml. Dim m_node As XmlNodem_node = Proxy.GetMemberDetails(Id)Dim objMemberData As New MemberDetailsIf m_node IsNot Nothing AndAlso m_node.HasChildNodes Then If m_node.ChildNodes(0).HasChildNodes Then      ...

XML Parsing #3
Hi all Here is my code. Dim doc As System.Xml.XmlDocument = New System.Xml.XmlDocument doc.Load(Server.MapPath("MyXML.xml")) There is a predefined dtd for this XML file. What i need now is : If the XML file doesnot match with the dtd it should throw some error. Kindly help me to resolve this. Regards finnyRegardsFinny No, XmlDocument will not perform DTD or schema validation.  To perform validation over an XmlDocument, you would use an XmlNodeReader combined with the XmlValidatingReader to perform validation.  A better approach would be to skip the XmlDocument and use t...

Parsing XML #3
Hi, I would like to know if we can parse XML with regexp faster than with an MSXML or Xerces library ? Thanks Best Regards epanda wrote: > > I would like to know if we can parse XML with regexp faster than with > an MSXML or Xerces library ? It is very unlikely to be faster using regular expressions, and it will certainly be less readable. The XML::Twig library can result in very fast code for some sorts of XML data. Tell us more about your problem. Rob On 18 juil, 21:08, callingel...@hotmail.fr (Epanda) wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to know ...

parse xml #3
geben Sie ein gtpprotein ein ras <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE Result PUBLIC "-//NLM//DTD eSearchResult, January 2004//EN" "http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/DTD/egquery.dtd"> <!-- This is the Current DTD for all Entrez databases eGSearch $Id: egquery_template.xml,v 1.10 2004/09/15 21:36:24 osipov Exp $ --> <!-- ================================================================= --> <Result> <Term>ras</Term> <eGQueryResult> <ResultItem>...

XML Parsing #3

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

HTTP post XML and parse returned XML
I am writing a web application that post xml to a webserver and then parse the returned xml. I am able to post it to the webserver, but it takes a long time to get the response from the server. I am not sure is there something wrong with my code. The following is the code that I have to do the posting and parsing the xml: Sub sendXML(ByVal xmlString As String) Dim xmlReturn As String = "" 'MsgBox(xmlString) Try Dim url As String = "https://testWebServer.com" 'Dim req As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(url)...

XML Creating and Parsing Very large XML Files
Hello Everyone For a long while I have used SAX for Pascal with a Delphi 6 project. it is reading and writing very large XML files (over 800MB and larger). The project has been running for years - and I recently had to upgrade to Delphi 2007 - and I discovered that SAX for Pascal has not been ported to D2007. The authors have provided full source - which I have - but now I need to get it installed into D2007. Has anyone moved the Packages over to D2007? If this is not the best way of reading and writing really large XML files anymore - any thoughts as to what is the best met...

XML parse fails in 3.0 RC1, works in 3.0b5
If I install the new version of my extension made for Firefox 3 into 3.0b5, it works fine. If I install it into 3.0 RC1 I get an XML parse error when opening its error page. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/file/27681/resurrect_pages-2.0-fx.xpi The page in question: http://trac.arantius.com/browser/extension/resurrect/content/netError.xhtml So if I force this to install in RC1, and open anything that will trigger the neterror page (i.e. http://www.x.y/ ) I get: > XML Parsing Error: > Location: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/t-bone/Applicat...

Web resources about - XML parsing #3 - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Parsing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parsing or syntactic analysis is the process of analysing a string of symbols, either in natural language or in computer languages , according ...

Parsing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parsing or syntactic analysis is the process of analysing a string of symbols, either in natural language or in computer languages , according ...

Parsing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parsing or syntactic analysis is the process of analysing a string of symbols , either in natural language or in computer languages , conforming ...

Parsing Parse’s worldwide growth
Parse, the app development platform Facebook purchased last April , is seeing some incredible growth worldwide. Parse CEO Ilya Sukhar recently ...

17 - 1 - Dependency Parsing Introduction-Stanford NLP-Professor Dan Jurafsky & Chris Manning - YouTube ...
If you are interest on more free online course info, welcome to: http://opencourseonline.com/ Professor Dan Jurafsky & Chris Manning are offering ...

Representative Line: JavaScript JSON Parsing
No data interchange format is perfect. ASN.1 ( Abstract Syntax Notation One ) is probably the closest (it's by far the most flexible and comprehensive), ...

Parsing the Unity Bill
The NDP is wrong on secession, the Clarity Act and the Supreme Court

Google Hangouts for Android getting smarter with natural language parsing, consolidated contacts
You've long been able to share your location with contacts in Hangouts chats, but the Google Hangouts for Android app is today getting a little ...

Parsing the difference between the Internet and the Web according to Alan Kay
Stack Exchange This Q&A is part of a weekly series of posts highlighting common questions encountered by technophiles and answered by users ...

Feature Friday: Phone Number Parsing
... I am pretty sure the former is not. I’ve talked to a few people about this and what I am told is that the Android OS has phone number parsing ...