Serialization Problems In Powerbuilder 11

Hi
I'm using PB 11.2 built  8739
I have a wsdl file and I'm trying to use serialization classes in my
PB APP.
I wrote the below code

po_header.PO_No=mystring2'

po_header.mystring='mystring'

#if defined PBDOTNET THEN
	@system.object SO
	SO=create dt_purchaseorder_header
	SO=po_header

	@System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer serializer

serializer=CREATE @System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer(SO.gettype
())

	@System.IO.StreamWriter WriteFileStream
WriteFileStream = create @System.IO.StreamWriter("C:\XML_TEST
\test.xml")

	serializer.Serialize(WriteFileStream, SO)
	WriteFileStream.Close()
#end if

But when it comes to the below line of code
serializer.Serialize(WriteFileStream, SO)

I'm getting an exception.
SystemInvalidOperationException void checksupported of object
system.xml.serialization.typedesc

dt_purchaseorder_header contains as public instances two strings.
If I try to serialize the same object in Visual Studio everything
works OK !. So It have to do something with Powerbuilder.
I think it has something to do with the System.Object ? Does not
recognize what type of object it is ? I don't Know.
How can I use serialization classes in Powerbuilder  or is it
something I did wrong ?
Thank you

0
zakkar
12/30/2009 9:47:17 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

ANYONE FROM SYBASE ????
0
zakkar
1/10/2010 6:21:36 PM
This is an end-user to end-user forum.  You might want to review the
guidelines on how to use the forum:

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47613

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:21:36 -0800 (PST), zakkar <zakkar@gmail.com>
wrote:

>ANYONE FROM SYBASE ????
-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
0
Bruce

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Powerbuilder Stored Procs problem against 11.5.1 (and 11.9.2?)
When you want to use Powerbuilder development IDE against a database, you need to load some stored procedures and tables into the database so Powerbuilder can display primary keys, allow you to edit rows in a table, etc. The names are something like pbcatcol, pbcattbl, etc. They're in a SQL script on the Powerbuilder CD. These PB5.0 scripts compile fine against our ASE 11.0.2.2 server, but get syntax errors trying to compile against 11.5.1 (and I assume 11.9.2). The PB6.0 scripts compile fine against 11.5.1, but we use PB5.0 in-house as well. I was able to make them compile (...

Powerbuilder 11 Localization problem
Hi there, I want to add Spanish support to my PowerBuilder application. I used the following instructions to download and use the required localized runtime files: http://origin1.sybase.com/swx/10332/pb110_6525localizedruntimes.htm I copied the files correctly, but they do not seem to work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Resize problem in PowerBuilder 11
Hi to all, i need some help with a small problem that i am having after deploying an application as .NET Web Form. I have an MDI window under which i am opening a window using the "OpenSheet" function. On the newly opened window i have a datawindow and in the "resize" event of the window i have written a PowerScript to resize the datawindow to the window's width and height but it doesn't seem to work ! What is more strange..... If i put a "MessageBox" into the resize event of the window then the datawindow is being...

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Powerbuilder encountered problem 11.1
I noticed one error message when I give the following script in open event of a window. int li_depot = integer(f_company(g_int_userid,'Default')) Please anybody have an idea . The error message is Powerbuilder encountered problem 11.1 .................... With thanks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp polachan wrote: > I noticed one error message when I give the following script in open event of > a window. > > int li_depot = integer(f_company(g_int_userid,'Default&#...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Problem with PowerBuilder 11.1 and Visual Sourcesafe
PowerBuilder 11.1 Build 8123 using PowerBuilder SCC on any Windows platform has poor compability with archives (project stored) in Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 8.0.50727.42 ( VSS 2005). Whenever creating new object, user creates it locally and register it. Very often other users cannot see the object for various reasons: #1) PB SCC fails to check in the PBG while adding new objects to source control. Other users cannot update their local cache with the new object before the PGB is checked in, which seems to occur at random events. Using Visual Sourcesafe interface to manually check i...

PowerBuilder 11.5
I have an application that I am creating that accesses a web service designed by our customer and retrieves inventory/product/order information. I am getting the error "There was an error generating the XML document" on one of the calls to the web service. The process is that I call the function GetPickTickets and with a string argument that contains the store code. This returns an array of any open orders for that particular store. This works fine. After that I call another function UpdatePickTicket which acknowledges that we recieved the order information for a specif...

Problem registering a dll created from Powerbuilder 11.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b06fe15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have created a dll in Powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204 on Windows Vista. I am able to build the dll without error, but i get the attached regsvr32_error.jpg when i attempt to register the dll. I have attached 3 pictures (build_general.jpg, build_objects.jpg, build_lib.jpg) representing the Build, Objects and Library tabs of the projects with my settings for building the dll. Does anyone have any idea what the...

Powerbuilder 11.5 EBF 17123 Installation Problem
I'm having a problem on the installation of the latest EBF, my setup terminates and no error appear. It terminates after the third screen after hitting the Next button and then nothing. What could be the problem. I've already update my installshield engine and still the same problem. ...

Web resources about - Serialization Problems In Powerbuilder 11 - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Serialization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
When the resulting series of bits is reread according to the serialization format, it can be used to create a semantically identical clone of ...

FlatBuffers 1.1: a memory-efficient serialization library
... in development, the FlatBuffers 1.1 update is here. Originally released in June 2014, it’s a highly efficient open source cross-platform serialization ...

Increase Java Serialization Performance
The simplest way to send and receive a Java object is to use an ObjectOutputStream/ ObjectInputStream object pair, but is it the most efficient ...

Jackson Data Binding Message Serialization
... ObjectMapper is simple: objectMapper = new ObjectMapper( new JsonFactory(); objectMapper.disableDefaultTyping(); objectMapper.disable(Se ...

Performance at Scale: SSDs, Silver Bullets, and Serialization
... occur when customers are trying to speed up the wrong thing. A common phenomena at the heart of the disappointing SSD outcomes is serialization. ...

LDS Serializations - Meridian Magazine - LDS, Mormon and Latter-day Saint News and Views
Meridian Magazine is the place where Latter-day Saints [LDS] gather online. Meridian is a values-based publication, drawing upon the standards, ...

Is Object Serialization Evil?
... to be the comparison of the various data stores, but the comparison of how data is stored. More specifically, I want to show the object serialization, ...

Serialization Vulnerabilities Put Many Android Devices at Risk
Researchers at IBM have identified vulnerabilities that can be exploited by malicious Android applications to escalate privileges, allowing cybercriminals ...

New Fall Shows Mix It Up by Adding Serialization, ‘Blacklist’-Style
One reason “The Simpsons” has run long enough to sustain an uninterrupted 12-day marathon is that nothing much changes around Springfield. The ...