Powerbuilder 9 and XML/Stylesheet

Is there any capability to use the style sheets in Powerbuilder along with
the XML document to import?

What I am getting at is, If I have an XML document along with style sheets,
is there a way to just import the XML data and show it on the datawindow as
per the stylesheet, without having to paint the datawindow at development
time???

Thanks,

0
Bharathi
11/14/2003 1:13:04 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

What if you didn't use a datawindow, and used the Web Browser OCX to show the actual rendered style sheet?

Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"Bharathi" <bharathi_prapullachandra@foremost.com> wrote in message news:3fb4d62d$1@forums-2-dub...
> Is there any capability to use the style sheets in Powerbuilder along with
> the XML document to import?
>
> What I am getting at is, If I have an XML document along with style sheets,
> is there a way to just import the XML data and show it on the datawindow as
> per the stylesheet, without having to paint the datawindow at development
> time???
>
> Thanks,

0
Paul

XML and PowerBuilder
Is anyone aware of an XML parser/utility which can be used with PowerBuilder? (DLL or something similar?) Regards Thomas Kellerer ========================================================== Who is user GENERAL FAILURE and why is he reading my disk? ...

XMl to XML

XML in Powerbuilder
Is there functionality in Powerbuilder 7 or 8 for XML? Where could I find out more about it? There is no built-in XML support in PB7 or 8. PB9 will feature an XML parse and XML export/import support in the datawindow/datastore. In the meantime, you are limited to string concatenation and using the Microsoft MSXML parser via OLE automation. -- <hopethishelps/> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network -- http://sdn.sybase.com <Jonna> wrote in message news:64B2A31B812014050068302685256BF2.0068303885256BF2@webforums... > Is there functionality in Powerb...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

PowerBuilder with XML
Hi: I suggest that PowerBuilder support XML.If PowerBuilder have XML function or component,it will be much better than Delphi! Barkely I agree. With the database world increasingly dominated by XML, I find that searching the (beta) help files for PB8 there is not a single mention of XML, like this has passed by the folk at Sybase. What we need, at the very least, is a datawindow to output XML and accepts XML as input. I guess we will have to wait for PB9 now "Barkely" <barkelyhwang@mpinfo.com.tw> wrote in message news:...

Importing XML File (whith PowerBuilder 9)
Hello, I want to insert data from an XML file into a datawindow. I don't manage tu use the ImportFile function. How can I do ? -- Cordialement, S.Alvarez Tel. : 02-99-27-04-28 "S�bastien" <zaza@pipo.com> wrote in message news:40b74f0e@forums-1-dub... > Hello, > > I want to insert data from an XML file into a datawindow. > I don't manage tu use the ImportFile function. > How can I do ? > > > -- > Cordialement, > S.Alvarez > Tel. : 02-99-27-04-28 > ImportFile() is the recommended method of importing...

XML import in powerbuilder
I am running into a weird problem. I am trying to call a webservice method that returns an XML string. Then I import it into a datawindow using importstring method. This is a customer query. When I query for a single record, it sends me valid XML that I can import, but when queried on multiple records, the xml generated is not being imported. Then I tried to craete a template for import process. When I do that, import returns me -1. I have compared the datatypes and order of fields with the XML elements, they all match. When I run the XML string through XMLParsestring() method, it retu...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder?
Anybody know if there is such a thing. Hi developer, I would search the internet for an OCX that can do this. You can use OCXs in PB.... -- Gegroet - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], Cypres Informatisering, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 developer <nospam@firstam.com> schreef in berichtnieuws CEFCPlGL$GA.256@forums.sybase.com... > Anybody know if there is such a thing. > > ...

XML Parser for PowerBuilder
Hello: Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. Looking Forward to hearing from you. Roberto; XML SDK 4.0 from Microsoft. Available free at MSDN. regards .. Chris <Roberto_Ballinas> wrote in message news:AEDB9D2B18E9A4D9002C6C0D85256C41.002C6C1E85256C41@webforums... > Hello: > > Anyone know where one can get a good xml parser for PB8. > > Looking Forward to hearing from you. ...

How PowerBuilder interacts with XML?
As far as I know, PowerBuilder is not directly supporting XML but, is there any way how we can interact PB with XML. Thanks for the help. Vasu What exactly is it that you need to do? Parse XML? Generate XML from back-end data? What kind of application is this? A fat client, a distributed client, a Jauar client? You have a few options, depending on the above: 1. Use a COM or C++-based XML parser, like MSXML (Microsoft) or Xerces (Apache) 2. If you are using an application server (Jaguar for example) you can use a Java component that does the parsing for you and returns results...

XML parser for PowerBuilder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Has anyone created one or seen one for sale? I'd hate to have to reinvent the wheel... Chad Bradley ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BEA685.F1783240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"> <HTML> <HEAD> <META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Di...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 9 and XML/Stylesheet - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles