PB9/PB10: Error in Save As XML versus dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML

I'm having problems with saving a datawindow as XML. I've checked both PB9
and PB10, and I'm experiencing the same behavior:

If you specify a different encoding set on the XML-template, this is
corretly shown if you do a Save as XML on the datawindow. If you read out
the property dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML, the encoding is not changed,
it always says "UTF-16LE". If I change the property standalone (yes|no),
this is correctly reflected on both Save As and retrieving the xml via
dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML-property.

I've saved the XML as an template and assigned it both on DateImport and
DataExport.

Why isn't the encoding attribute correct when i read from
dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML? Is this a bug?

Regards,
Jan Eivind Stillingen

Jan
9/10/2004 9:02:32 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The standalone document declaration has nothing to do with the
document's character set, so I'd say you're looking at a bug. You should
report it via CaseXpress.

--
Roy

Jan Eivind Stillingen wrote:

> I'm having problems with saving a datawindow as XML. I've checked both
> PB9  and PB10, and I'm experiencing the same behavior:
>
> If you specify a different encoding set on the XML-template, this is
> corretly shown if you do a Save as XML on the datawindow. If you read
> out  the property dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML, the encoding is not
> changed,  it always says "UTF-16LE". If I change the property standalone
> (yes|no),  this is correctly reflected on both Save As and retrieving
> the xml via  dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML-property.
>
> I've saved the XML as an template and assigned it both on DateImport
> and  DataExport.
>
> Why isn't the encoding attribute correct when i read from
> dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML? Is this a bug?
>
> Regards,
> Jan Eivind Stillingen

0
Roy

dw.Object.Data.XML and SaveAs XML!
I have a dw with datetime columns, i want to use the estandard w3 format yyyy-mm-dd T hh:mm:ss. Via template i define the correct format but the problem is : If i use dw.Object.Data.XML the xml generated haven't the correct format. If I use SaveAs XML the format is correct. Someone knows why dw.Object.Data.XML returns xml file without the format template configured?. TIA ...

XML to OBJECT and OBJECT to XML

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

Select XML Data type (xml) from sql server 2005 and then save to a XML file on local machine?? Help !
Hi All  I have a problem i am selecting a row of data from a database, within that row is a column in which i build up a xml in a stored procedure, it creates an xml and stores it in the column name xmldata which is of xml datatype. This works great My problem is how do i now create a xml file on my local machine with that data, below is what i have so far :- Dim conn1 As New SqlConnection()conn1.ConnectionString = (ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("ConnectionString").ConnectionString) conn1.Open()Dim DBCmd As New SqlCommand Dim DataRecieved As SqlDataReaderDBCmd...

I can show xml data in repeater, but how to save changed data back to xml?
I want to be able to choose which images in a folder should be used for the AdRotator on my web site.So what I've done is created a simple web page where I can view all images in a folder. As each image is displayed using a Repeater, a checkbox is added. The image's filename is checked (using a loop) against the filenames in the AdRotator's xml file. If the image is listed in the xml file then the checkbox is ticked, so the user can see which images are currently selected to be displayed. This all works fine.I can then tick or untick the checkbox for any image depending on whether I want eac...

Problem loading an xml string containing xml data into XML document
 Hi all,I have a problem loading an xml string containing xml response data returned by other server(spatial server) into XML document some times becoz the returned xml response contains special chars like <, >, ', etc.Is there any way to parse this XML response string before loading into XML document. Hi Bharath, if you can't find a ready made one you can write one yourself. Parse the string that you get for the elements that it would contain and inject the CDATA element between them to allow special character. example if you have a string <childNode>This con...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

How to select Xml as Xml?
If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ..how to loop through the items in C#? I can't cast it to a System.Xml.XmlNodeList..? You can use the XmlDocument class.  There's a Load method and a LoadXml method.  One of these should get you what you want, after which you can select nodes as you need.C# <---> VB.Net Translator mm8: If I select Xml nodes like this from sql server; select xmlData.query('//Field[@F = "True"]') as extendedInfo from.... ...

sort xml in xml
Hi, How I can sort xml file in xml with VB.NetThanks,<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>  <Liste>   <Form Famille="Administration" idXhtml="" idOffice="31574" nom="ADM" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31708" nom="ADM- 54 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="communication" idXhtml="" idOffice="31709" nom="ADM- 133 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31710" nom="ADM- 9 (2000)" desc="" />   <Form Famille="Admini" idXhtml="" idOffice="31711" no...

Transform XML to XML
I've been trying to transform an XML document to another XML document. The original document is very large (6megs) and the application that needs to use it only needs a fraction of the data. I'm trying to take this mother-of-all XML documents and filter out unwanted nodes. I could probably do this very easily with code by running a few XPath Queries against the document, and placing the results in a new document...however...I have an interest in learning how to do this with XSL. In the past, I've done some pretty basic XML to HTML transformation ans that worked out well. This ti...

XML to XML transform
Hi all, I have an XML file in which I just want to change a couple of values.  So, the end result is a new file with exactly the same XML structure.  I am new to XML and XSLT, so I thought I'd start off with something simple; I created an xsl file that would just copy the source directly across without modifying the values (I can do this later, once I have the first bit figured) - <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:con="http://eviware.com/soapui/config"><xsl:template match="/"...

Web resources about - PB9/PB10: Error in Save As XML versus dw.Object.DataWindow.Data.XML - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo