Import XML to Datawindow

---=_forums-1-dub4b059314

When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps
failing. Please help as creating template is not successful
either.

Thanks

---=_forums-1-dub4b059314
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---=_forums-1-dub4b059314--
0
Dora
11/19/2009 6:48:52 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

xml datawindow import
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4cab0dcf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit using powerbuilder 11.5 hi, i have a external datawindow and xml template and try to import a xml file into the datawindow, but i got two records, instaead of one record. i want to see only one record, but with different address lines as addr1, addr2 etc The problem what i noticed is i have a addresline in the xml document, which is rpeating for more then one line with the same attribute. how to solve this porblem...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

XML import in powerbuilder
I am running into a weird problem. I am trying to call a webservice method that returns an XML string. Then I import it into a datawindow using importstring method. This is a customer query. When I query for a single record, it sends me valid XML that I can import, but when queried on multiple records, the xml generated is not being imported. Then I tried to craete a template for import process. When I do that, import returns me -1. I have compared the datatypes and order of fields with the XML elements, they all match. When I run the XML string through XMLParsestring() method, it retu...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? ...

Importing XML to datawindow
I've asked this question before without getting any answer (see "values not repeating when importing xml"). I'm trying to import a XML-file into a datawindow. The structure of the XML-file is; group 1 information (e.g customer) group 2 information (e.g order) one or many details (e.g order items) I want this information imported into columns in my datawindow detail, where I have a column for each tag in the XML-file. When I import it, I get one row for each order item, but the group level information (customer and order) is set only at the rows where t...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

Import XML into a DataWindow
Hi all, having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a shortened sample of the data I like to import: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1" xsi:sch...

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

Re: Import xml file in xml Element

Web resources about - Import XML to Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo