Import XML into a DataWindow

Hi all,

having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the
limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing
order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using
a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a
shortened sample of the data I like to import:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1
file:///c:/Development/Ordering%20V3/V3.NET/Schlecker/Schlecker.Schemas/orderraw.xsd">
  <ORDER_HEADER>
    <ORDER_ID>BNR SL1</ORDER_ID>
  </ORDER_HEADER>
  <ORDER_ITEM_LIST>
    <TASK>
      <CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>61616</CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>
      <DELIVERY_DATE>2008-12-30T06:00:50.153</DELIVERY_DATE>
      <CUSTOMER_ID>4711</CUSTOMER_ID>
    </TASK>
    <TASK>
      <CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>99999</CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>
      <DELIVERY_DATE>2008-12-30T06:00:50.153</DELIVERY_DATE>
      <CUSTOMER_ID>4712</CUSTOMER_ID>
    </TASK>
  </ORDER_ITEM_LIST>
</ORDER>

As you see the <TASK> structure occurs more than one time.

Thanks for any hint,

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

0
Chris
1/7/2010 10:18:00 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The DataWindow currently doesn't import nested data, it only exports
it.  You might want to look at using the PBDOM method to load the data
and manipulate it into the datawindow.

On 7 Jan 2010 02:18:00 -0800, "Chris Werner"
<cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the
>limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing
>order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using
>a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a
>shortened sample of the data I like to import:
>
><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
><ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1"
>xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1
>file:///c:/Development/Ordering%20V3/V3.NET/Schlecker/Schlecker.Schemas/orderraw.xsd">
>  <ORDER_HEADER>
>    <ORDER_ID>BNR SL1</ORDER_ID>
>  </ORDER_HEADER>
>  <ORDER_ITEM_LIST>
>    <TASK>
>      <CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>61616</CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>
>      <DELIVERY_DATE>2008-12-30T06:00:50.153</DELIVERY_DATE>
>      <CUSTOMER_ID>4711</CUSTOMER_ID>
>    </TASK>
>    <TASK>
>      <CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>99999</CUSTOMER_ORDER_ID>
>      <DELIVERY_DATE>2008-12-30T06:00:50.153</DELIVERY_DATE>
>      <CUSTOMER_ID>4712</CUSTOMER_ID>
>    </TASK>
>  </ORDER_ITEM_LIST>
></ORDER>
>
>As you see the <TASK> structure occurs more than one time.
>
>Thanks for any hint,
>
>Chris Werner
>f+s software gmbh

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
0
Bruce

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

xml datawindow import
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4cab0dcf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit using powerbuilder 11.5 hi, i have a external datawindow and xml template and try to import a xml file into the datawindow, but i got two records, instaead of one record. i want to see only one record, but with different address lines as addr1, addr2 etc The problem what i noticed is i have a addresline in the xml document, which is rpeating for more then one line with the same attribute. how to solve this porblem...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

XML import in powerbuilder
I am running into a weird problem. I am trying to call a webservice method that returns an XML string. Then I import it into a datawindow using importstring method. This is a customer query. When I query for a single record, it sends me valid XML that I can import, but when queried on multiple records, the xml generated is not being imported. Then I tried to craete a template for import process. When I do that, import returns me -1. I have compared the datatypes and order of fields with the XML elements, they all match. When I run the XML string through XMLParsestring() method, it retu...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? ...

Import XML to Datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps failing. Please help as creating template is not successful either. Thanks ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/xml; name="file4.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file4.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz4NCjxzOkVu dmVsb3BlIHhtbG5zOnM9Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2hlbWFzLnhtbH...

Importing XML to datawindow
I've asked this question before without getting any answer (see "values not repeating when importing xml"). I'm trying to import a XML-file into a datawindow. The structure of the XML-file is; group 1 information (e.g customer) group 2 information (e.g order) one or many details (e.g order items) I want this information imported into columns in my datawindow detail, where I have a column for each tag in the XML-file. When I import it, I get one row for each order item, but the group level information (customer and order) is set only at the rows where t...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

XML::Parser XML::DOM XML::XSLT
------_=_NextPart_001_01C6E0D0.3E27D77A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Craig and fellow VMS Perlers, You last wrote about this Fri 3/16/2001 11:24 AM, not counting your very helpful comments on Eisner/Decuserve more recently. One of my colleagues sent me an email requesting that I make XML::XSLT=20 available on VMS. perl 5.8.6, VMS 7.3-2, DECC 7.1 latest ACRTL (version 3) on Alpha XML::XSLT (version 0.48) depends on XML::Parser (version 2.34). This depends on expat (version 2.0.0). I built expat a...

Re: Import xml file in xml Element

Web resources about - Import XML into a DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo