How to create XML import template for DataWindow

Is there some rules in creating a XML import template for a
DataWindow ?  The sample created by the datawindow painter
seems to gave prefixes of dw_ and _row on some of the
elements.   ALso, are these element case-sensitive ?

Thanks,
Eric.-
0
Eric
8/16/2006 12:00:13 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You need to modify the names to match the XML schema that you're going to
import.

AFAIK, XML is case sensitive with respect to tags:

http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_syntax.asp

<Eric Sulistiawan> wrote in message
> Is there some rules in creating a XML import template for a
> DataWindow ?  The sample created by the datawindow painter
> seems to gave prefixes of dw_ and _row on some of the
> elements.   ALso, are these element case-sensitive ?
>
> Thanks,
> Eric.-

0
Bruce

Createing XML from XML template
Hi,. Can anybody tell me how to create XML data string using XML template. I have XML template file, using this I want to construct new XML with actual data from database example my template file will be something like this <EmployeeInfo ID="">   <Emp_Name/>   <EMP_Gender/>   <EMP_DOB/><Addresses>     <Address ID="">         <Title></Title>         <Address1></Address1>     &...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

How to create XML and XML with WebService
Hello...1) how to use XML and XML with Web Service with example.2) how to use read xml and write xml with coding with example.3) how to use read xml and write xml with dataset with example.thx,Tushar Poshiya       Everything about web-servicehttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/webservices/aa740685.aspx Ravi |   Share Knowledge   |   Online messengers   >>1) how to use XML and XML with Web Service with example. http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/webservices/doc/BPConformance.aspx (ASP.NET Web Services QuickS...

Create more XML data in exisiting XML
Friends I have following kind of XML xyz abc dotnet some street apt 000 some city st 12345 Hedge test Trimmer 10 20 Hedge test Trimmer 10 20 I have to insert submitted ordered data in this XML and create more nodes of purchaseOrder in purchaseData element thruogh ASP.Net 2.0 What is the best way to do this?? Are there any reference articles available?? Thanks JSQUARE...

create an xml schema from an xml file
Hello, I need to write an application that uses a xml file that i create and make a xml schema based on that file. I have a seperate company that is sending us the xml file and i want to get the info from the file and put it into a database. However, they need the my schema. I am reading up on how to use the DataSet.Writexml() and DataSet.WriteXmlSchema(). I know that there is some way of getting the data from the xml file using a DataSet, but i dont understand how. Has anyone done something similar to this that could help me at least get started? Thanks Dev Djinnx-Dev DjinnxWeb Develop...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

Creating an XML Element from XML string?
Before a form is submitted back to the server I create an XML representation of the current state of a certain ListBox and store it in a hidden field, as it appears that a Listbox when manipulated on the client does not return it's state back to the server correctly.In each item's value property in the listbox there is already stored an XML representation of that item (populated from the Server when the page was created).  The problem I am encountering is how to create an XML element from that XML string stored in the value property.  I know I can parse through the XML string and b...

creating XML or XML Web Services?
Hi, I know XML is basically creating a file that allowed multiple applications to get data from the XML file ... and I am wondering .. why there is XML Web Services? What are the differences between these two? I am trying to create a Session that will keep update the value whenever it navigate to any page ... and get the Session value in multiple applications. In my guess, stores Session[] in XML file should work for what I am trying to do ... but what exactly is this XML Web Services? In what kind of situation we use XML or vice versa? All developers, even novices and hobbyists, must be a...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

XML import in powerbuilder
I am running into a weird problem. I am trying to call a webservice method that returns an XML string. Then I import it into a datawindow using importstring method. This is a customer query. When I query for a single record, it sends me valid XML that I can import, but when queried on multiple records, the xml generated is not being imported. Then I tried to craete a template for import process. When I do that, import returns me -1. I have compared the datatypes and order of fields with the XML elements, they all match. When I run the XML string through XMLParsestring() method, it retu...

Import XML into a DataWindow
Hi all, having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a shortened sample of the data I like to import: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1" xsi:sch...

Web resources about - How to create XML import template for DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo