datawindow XML import requires element order matching

datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of elements and attributes to match the order in which elements
and attributes occur in the XML.

This seems very constraining as the information is available to match up during the import.
Am I missing a reason why this is so?

sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

No idea.  I hate it as well.

"M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of
> elements and attributes to match the order in which elements and
> attributes occur in the XML.
>
> This seems very constraining as the information is available to match up
> during the import.
> Am I missing a reason why this is so?

0
Bruce
12/24/2008 4:34:33 PM
I'll add this to the enhancements list & i'll expect your vote <g>

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:49526499$1@forums-1-dub...
> No idea.  I hate it as well.
>
> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of
>> elements and attributes to match the order in which elements and
>> attributes occur in the XML.
>>
>> This seems very constraining as the information is available to match up
>> during the import.
>> Am I missing a reason why this is so?

Wow,

I thought this was a bug in the PB 10.5 version we used.

Arnd

On 26 Dec 2008 07:32:44 -0800, "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I'll add this to the enhancements list & i'll expect your vote <g>
>
>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:49526499$1@forums-1-dub...
>> No idea.  I hate it as well.
>>
>> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> datawindow xml import when using an xml template requires the order of
>>> elements and attributes to match the order in which elements and
>>> attributes occur in the XML.
>>>
>>> This seems very constraining as the information is available to match up
>>> during the import.
>>> Am I missing a reason why this is so?

0
Arnd
12/27/2008 11:11:10 AM
nope, its documented that it works that way.
I found it when i kept getting extra records....
after a lot of head scratching, I caved and read up on it in the books online.

"Arnd Schmidt" <arnd.schmidt@gmx.de> wrote in message news:g23cl4h8ekopvpr7fh664iqv5dtsjog8qf@4ax.com...
> Wow,
>
> I thought this was a bug in the PB 10.5 version we used.
>
> Arnd
>

> On 26 Dec 2008 07:32:44 -0800, "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I'll add this to the enhancements list & i'll expect your vote <g>
>>
>>"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com> wrote in message news:49526499$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> No idea.  I hate it as well.
>>>
>>> "M. Searer" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

XML import problem: Order of elements is not independent from order in dw

Re: Import xml file in xml Element

XML Object Serialization - ArrayList
Hi guys, I have written code in order to perform XML Object Serialization.  What is being generated is as follows:  1 <ArticleSet> 2 <Article> 3 <AuthorList> 4 <Author> 5 <FirstName>M</FirstName> 6 <MiddleName>H</MiddleName> 7 <LastName>Y</LastName> 8 <Affiliation>Affiliation</Affiliation> 9 </Author> 10 <Author> 11 <FirstName>L</FirstName> 12 <MiddleName>J</Midd...

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

XMl to XML

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Question using XML::Element
I am fresh to the new glorious World of XML, and trying to figure out how this stuff melds together with perl. I found http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2001/04/18/perlxmlqstart1.html could somebody look over my code analysis and tell me if I am (nearly) right? require "files/camelid_links.pl"; # Needs the specified file to work. my %camelid_links = get_camelid_data(); # Some function that greates the Hash (see section the Hash). my $root = XML::Element->new('html'); # Creates the HTML Frame <html></html>. my $body = XML::Element->new('body'...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

Creating an XML Element from XML string?
Before a form is submitted back to the server I create an XML representation of the current state of a certain ListBox and store it in a hidden field, as it appears that a Listbox when manipulated on the client does not return it's state back to the server correctly.In each item's value property in the listbox there is already stored an XML representation of that item (populated from the Server when the page was created).  The problem I am encountering is how to create an XML element from that XML string stored in the value property.  I know I can parse through the XML string and b...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

Import XML into a DataWindow
Hi all, having never used DataWindow XML Import I wonder about the limitations of this technique. I have to import a XML file containing order headers and order items. So I thought I can achieve that using a grouped DataWindow but that seems to be wrong. Here is a shortened sample of the data I like to import: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <ORDER xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns="http://www.healy-hudson.com/XMLSchema/Schlecker/1.1" xsi:sch...

Import XML to Datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps failing. Please help as creating template is not successful either. Thanks ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/xml; name="file4.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file4.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz4NCjxzOkVu dmVsb3BlIHhtbG5zOnM9Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2hlbWFzLnhtbH...

Web resources about - datawindow XML import requires element order matching - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo