Datawindow XML import of multiple record types. #2

I have an xml file that contains multiple record types (data for
multiple different tables.)

dw_c1.ImportFile(XML!, "C:\Temp\1381\mixed.xml")  always returns a -1,
but the file parses okay.

Is it possible to import multiple record types to a PowerBuilder 10.5
datawindow?

0
DPiper
12/16/2009 2:43:53 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.xml 546 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Datawindow XML import of multiple record types.
Greetings, I have been using PowerBuilder 8 for several years but am now looking at PowerBuilder 11.2 to some XML work. I am trying to import and XML file that contains several record types into a datawindow, or possibly several datawindows. If the XML file contains a single record type, say Customer Address, I can use dw_address.ImportFile(XML!, filename) to import the records with no problem. When I try to import customer addresses from an XML file that contains multiple record types, say Customer Name and Customer Address, I recieve a -1 return code from the ImportFile call. Th...

1 Xml -> 2 DataWindows; 2 DataWindows -> 1 Xml
Hi Is it possible to import an Xml file like <data> <dataX>...</dataX> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> <dataV>...</dataV> ... <dataV>...</dataV> </data> to one Datawindow ? On the other hand is it easily possible to assemble data from two Datawindows in one XML file ? thanks Thomas Kovasits Thomas Kovasits wrote: > Hi > Is it possible to import an Xml file like > <data> > <dataX>...</dataX> > <dataV>...</dataV> > &l...

XMl to XML

XML in, XML out
Hi All (and a happy holiday to those that will get a break), I am trying to read in an XML file of addresses. I need to remove all the address data from the file where code =~ /^000/ (there are none in the example data below). I need to reproduce that data 'as is', so I need to honour the tag structure, although the order of the tags doesn't need to be honoured. I have been trying to use XML::Simple and I had a go with XML::Smart but I haven't been able to get the results I want. My best effort is below (with XML::Simple). There are a couple of differences ...

datawindow.import(XML!,"file.xml") syntax error
I am using Pocket PowerBuilder 1.5 build 360 from the help file I saw [ImportFile method (DataWindows)] long dwcontrol.ImportFile ( {saveastype importtype}, string filename {, long startrow {, long endrow {, long startcolumn {, long endcolumn {, long dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_employee.ImportFile("D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.CSV") This statement inserts all the data in the file D:\TMP\EMPLOYEE.XML into dw_employee starting at the first column: dw_em...

XML Import Error
I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. When I try to import the rows, I get this error. XML Import Error - No matching datawindow column reference within XML template. Ay ideas? -- PB9.01.7151 Thank you, R.Chauvin Did you turn on the xml import tracing option? It should give you more information about what it doesn't like. On 2 Jul 2004 06:08:17 -0700, "Bob Chauvin \( Paix dehors \)" <nocanspambob_chauvin@yahoo> wrote: >I created a simple dw and in the designer retrieved and saved rows as xml. >...

How do I merge multiple XML feeds into one XML feed? asp.net 2.0
I want to be able to merge many XML feeds of various schemas into one single XML output feed. I've created XSL documents for each feed to transform the feeds into the same schema...  But I can't figure out an effecient method to merge them together and then sort - and output as another XML feed. The kicker here, is that it'll be a heavily trafficed service.  So it needs to be efficient, and perform quickly.  I can't cache the data, as the data is time sensitive. Any ideas??? My initial thoughts were to transform the XML with the XSL; then convert it to a dataset.  Do ...

xml datawindow import
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4cab0dcf Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit using powerbuilder 11.5 hi, i have a external datawindow and xml template and try to import a xml file into the datawindow, but i got two records, instaead of one record. i want to see only one record, but with different address lines as addr1, addr2 etc The problem what i noticed is i have a addresline in the xml document, which is rpeating for more then one line with the same attribute. how to solve this porblem...

Importing XML to datawindow
I've asked this question before without getting any answer (see "values not repeating when importing xml"). I'm trying to import a XML-file into a datawindow. The structure of the XML-file is; group 1 information (e.g customer) group 2 information (e.g order) one or many details (e.g order items) I want this information imported into columns in my datawindow detail, where I have a column for each tag in the XML-file. When I import it, I get one row for each order item, but the group level information (customer and order) is set only at the rows where t...

Importing XML into a datawindow
Suppose you have an xml file and you want to import that into a datawindow. Is there a way to create the template automatically? I mean, is there a mechanism that can create the template for you, or do you have to manually do this? thanks! joe As far as I know, manually is the only way though many have suggested this as an improvement (the ability to create the datawindow from a dtd). Anyone else have thoughts on the subject? Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "JG" <joseph.grantNOSPAM@assetpoint.com> wrote in message news:427150e9$1@forums-2-dub....

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? ...

Datawindow XML Import
I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at least the path where it looks for DTD's? Chris B wrote: > I have a datawindow and use it's importfile method to import an xml file. > Unless I put the DTD in the same directory as the data file, I get a "could > not open DTD" error. How can I control whether or not it uses the DTD or at > least the path where it l...

XML Datawindow #2
Using PB 10.5 Hi! im importing some information From a text file to a datawindow , from there i'm saving that info as an xml file i was having trobles loading this xml file , so i checked it with an hexagecimal editor after checking the file i found that it have some special characteres at the begining of the file hexagesimal EF and BB are at the biggining of the file (something like "�" and "n") , and it seems that the file doesnt get loaded (In another pb process) when it has this special characters at the beginign of the file Any idea about ...

Import XML to Datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When I tried the import using the XML attached Import keeps failing. Please help as creating template is not successful either. Thanks ---=_forums-1-dub4b059314 Content-Type: text/xml; name="file4.xml" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="file4.xml" PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz4NCjxzOkVu dmVsb3BlIHhtbG5zOnM9Imh0dHA6Ly9zY2hlbWFzLnhtbH...

Web resources about - Datawindow XML import of multiple record types. #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.xml

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo