Resizing columns in a datawindow plugin

Can a datawindow plugin have resizeable columns?  I know that in a grid type
datawindow, the rows can be resized by the user.  Is the same true for a
datawindow plugin (if hte datawindow is of grid type)?

Yannick Lockhead
0
Yannick
11/27/1998 3:31:34 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Need Information on Window Plugins,Datawindow Plugin & Web Pb
Hi, We want to develop a Powerbuilder application with internet enabled modules in it . We have no idea how to start with. Will some one give us the detailed (step by step) procedure to carry out this task. We are now using Intel Pentium II ,Win NT 4.0, PB 6.0, Sybase SQL Anywhere, We will be implementing this on Sybase Release 11.0 . Anticipating a early reply here we remain. Thanks, Member, ETH Reseatch Lab. On Fri, 29 May 1998 17:42:11 +0530, ethlab <ethlab@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in> wrote: Are you looking to use plug-ins or create an application your clients use a b...

Web.pb and DataWindow PlugIn
I would like to know if I can use web.pb and DataWindow PlugIn at the same time. My server application has an object that retrieves data through a datastore and then generates a PSR file in the server. After that, the same object generates a string with html (that includes a <embed src=file.psr> tag) and return it to the http server. I did that but the browser didn�t show the datawindow. I got to a file the page source returned to browser, and then loaded the file and everything worked fine. What is the problem ? Thanks. Diego Hulse ------------ Develop Inform...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

resize
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204. Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your planning to fix it. ...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

How to make DataWindow column resizable like Excel column
Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a column, other columns should slid accordingly. What you're describing is native to the grid style. Is that not what you're using, and if not, should you be? <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 10 Sep 2003 07:33:26 -0700, James S wrote: >Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like >Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a >column, other columns should slid accordingly. Sequel&...

PB Web Migration & Web DataWindow Control
Through review of Sybase white papers and attending the last PowerBuilder developers conference the recommended route for migrating a client server PB application to be web based (without rewriting or using WDK) is to make use of the Web Data Window Control in conjunction with PowerDynamo and Jaguar. We are considering migrating our application using these tools. The application of which I speak is comprised of some 1000 data windows accessing some 200 tables. Based on my reading and discussion with Sybase staff at the conference, I am told that the trick to making this work...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Resizing datawindow columns
I am using a grid datawindow object inside a datawindow control within a window. I'd like to do some actions after I resize a column (for example, I have another dw control with another grid dw inside, having the same columns with the first one, and this needs to be align with the original one every time). The clicked could be a way to do it, but this slows a lot the whole thing. Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks, Alina. In pbm_lbuttondown, store PointerX() in an instance variable In pbm_dwnlbuttonup, compare the x position with the instance variable (to see if somethi...

WEB.pb And plugins
Hi, can anyone point me the way where I can find some good examples fro Window Plugins or example code. I am doing evenrthing the book says, but no success. Not even the one the other readers send me. Any help would be great! Thanx David Opdebeeck What is your web server? Where are you running your browser from? Check the properties of your browser for the startup directory/application. Then, make certain that you have the plugin file (npbdew60.dll) in that browsers subdirectory for plugins. (e.g. C:\Program Files\Netscape\Program\Communicator\Plugins.) After you p...

Resizing Datawindow Columns
I'm using PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control with its resize service working. Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie columns I thought the resize service would do. But database columns does not adjust to full screen Lee Thanks Alex B. Have you called of_register() to register the columns (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize them? -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist <Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.co...

Resizeable columns in DataWindows
Hi, has anybody an idea to the following: - what do I have to do to make columns in a DataWindow, which is directly connected to a table of a ORACLE database, resizeable, e.g. pull them with the mouse like I can do on the Explorer Window? I would appreciate any idea, to think about Thanks in advance Regards Norbert Create a datawindow of type Grid. Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Norbert Braeuchler" <norbert.braeuchler@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:4HUR$lht...

DataWindow and Web.pb
Can I use DataWindow to in-put data on Web.pb applications? Or DataWindow just show data? To in-put it must be used the insert-line? Can both datawindow plug-in and web.pb work together? Show me samples to illustrate! On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:32:32 -0300, Jefferson Luiz Castello Pereira <castello@expresso.com.br> wrote: >Can I use DataWindow to in-put data on Web.pb applications? Or >DataWindow just show data? To in-put it must be used the insert-line? >Can both datawindow plug-in and web.pb work together? Show me samples to >illustrate! If you use the datawind...

Web resources about - Resizing columns in a datawindow plugin - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo