PB 7.0 - Updateable dw's

I'm new to all of this, and I did browse everywhere it seems...

What is the easiest way to create and display an updateable datawindow in a
web browser. I feel that I must have missed something in my reading.
Is there a working 7.0 example somewhere?

Platform is PB 7.0, IIS (using cgi), and ASA.
Thanks

Glenn Miller

0
Glenn
11/23/1999 12:27:15 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Compiling Web.pb app PB ver 7.0.2 to dll's
I am not able to compile PB web.pb ver 7.0.2 ver 8011 app to dll's.Is anyone facing the same problem.Can you please let me know. Thank You Murali ...

Composite dw's in PB 7.0
Has anyone got composite dw's which have multiple retrieval arguments to work in PB 7.0? I enter in the args for the composite dw but right after I enter in the first arg for the nested dw a "'(' expected after function name' error pops up. I know about the create in 6.5 -> migrate to 7.0 workaround but was hoping someone had found a solution in 7.0. -- Neil Negandhi negandhi@vex.net ...

dw event 'sqlpreview' problem in PB 7.0 and 7.01 maint
Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no script,but I puts any script(even a comment character), it works normaly! Please fix this problem as soon as possibile ! Nick, I am not aware of this problem, but if indeed it does exist, this is not the forum to receive Sybase technical support or fixes for software bugs. Please open a case with Sybase Technical Support at 1-800-8-SYBASE to pursue. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support Nick wrote: > Ancestor scripts not work when datawindow event 'sqlpreview' has no > script,...

web.Pb and PB 7.0
--------------1D85A18742F7DF1C9285F8D4 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I migrated PB 6.5 and Web.Pb application to PB 7.0.I found some features are missing . I am using GenerateHTMLForm method and when visible property of datawindow column is set to 0 ,the HTML code INPUT TYPE = HIDDEN with value is not generated dynamically which is working fine with PB6.5 Are there any other enhancements with GenerateHTMLForm method. Thank you Murali Gopisetti --------------1D85A18742F7DF1C9285F8D4 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Co...

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 1
I've got a composite DW which itselft contains a composite DW. One of the nested reports in the nested composite (second level) specifies "New Page". This does not work. It seems that any nested dw other that the first level of nesting will ignore this setting. Has anyone found a work around for this?? Regards, DTL ...

PB 7.0.2 C3 and Grid DW's
I am using PB 7.0.2 build 8046 on NT 4.0 SP5 with Oracle 8.1.6. We are using the PBo7370.dll that came with each release. Our app does produce data windows that are Grid type. It seems that these datawindows seem to retrieve data noticably slower than of the previous consolidated EAStudio 3.5 release. Is this due to the memory fixes? Our tabular data windows do not have any retreival speed issues - only grid data window reports. Thanks Marc We think we have found the issue - having the HorizontalScrollSplit attribute set to the DW, when it is a grid, causes the retrie...

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 2
I've got a composite DW with one nested dw(for testing only). The nested report is only retrieving one row but yet it prints 2 pages(the 2nd is blank). Normally I would think that I had a column hanging off of the edge of the page margin but this is not the case. I only have one column on the report. If I turn of the detail band autoheight it reduces to one page only(which I expected in the first place). Has any one else dealt with this??? Regards, DTL ...

Composite Dw's in PB 7.0 Problem 3
Seems to be a problems in PB 7.0 filling in the arguments for a nested report. I've got 4 arguments to fill in, I fill in the first with a valid argument and get the message "Functions requires "(". Funny this is, 'its complaining about the 2nd arguments which I have yet to get to. Anyone else reported this one?? My work around is to build the nested report in PB 6.5 and then migrate it over, it works fine after that! Regards, DTL I am experiencing the same problem and like you will resort to developing this in 6.5 and migrating. Regards, ...

PB 7.0 build #6012 causing my DW's to page fault
My DW's are page faulting (see below) after I upgraded(?) my PB 7.0 to version 6012 from version 5000 something. This only happens after I call a dw.filter() and then try to dw.update(). If I clear the filter, they update fine. What's the deal? Is there a newer patch somewhere that takes care of this? Or is it something else on my side? Do I need to upgrade my ASA or something as well? PB70 caused an invalid page fault in module PBDWE70.DLL at 0167:106c2988. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=0167 EIP=106c2988 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=00000000 SS=016f ESP=0068e6c8 EBP=0068e72c ECX=03c00...

PB 9.0 tutorial - Web DW's
I've been working my way through the PB 9.0 tutiorial to become familiar with the changes, and with the JSP stuff (if I ever get there). I've been peeling the onion on this, and have found most of the answers I needed in various posts. I'm at the point where you test the Web DataWindows at the end of lesson 13, and get the error below when I click the "Add New Product" button: Warning: undefined variable dw_1 near line 50 in "/addproduct.htm" Warning: undefined variable dw_1.InsertRow[InsertRow] near line 50 in "/addproduct.htm" Th...

Can't execute Stored Procedures with argument(s) using MS SQL 7.0 versus PB 7.0.3
I am using Power Builder 7 and I have installed the patch up to version 7.0.3 I connect to my SQL database (MSSQL 7) using regular ODBC for SQL Server. It works fine for retrieving any kind of sql syntax that I create using datawindow. However, it doesn't work for running a stored procedure with argument(s). The stored procedure itself runs just fine when I tested it from MSSQL's Query Analyzer. Examples: alter procedure dba.sp_people_long_name --> this one works just fine, because it has NO arguments as begin select peopleid,longname=lastname+', '...

can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects?
can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects? thank you! 6.5, no. 7.0, yes. In article <iaXmmQav#GA.267@forums.sybase.com>, ojauregui@baja.gob.mx says... > can jpeg be displayed in PB 7.0 or 6.5 as dw's picture objects? > > thank you! > > > -- John Strano [TeamSybase] ...

WEB.PB and PB 7.0 #2
We just migrated up from 6.5 to 7.0. Unfortunately we're stuck using WEB.PB and distributed applications for the long term, so using EA 3.0 isn't an option. Anyway, the problem is this: Without any code changes, the web applications crash without an error message when two threads are running the remote object. This wasn't happening in 6.5 and now we don't know how to get around it in 7.0. HELP! ...

Web resources about - PB 7.0 - Updateable dw's - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

App Store - SkySafari 3 Plus
Get SkySafari 3 Plus on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

DirectX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia , especially game programming ...

weaver a pioneer of collaboration business
Enterprise Information Portal Based on e-cology Businesses can use Weaver e-cology to customize enterprise information portal for individual ...

Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Speaker - Videos
Watch the BIG JAMBOX video and see how versatile this SmartSpeaker is. Bring your music, movies, games and calls to life - anywhere.

Jawbone Jambox review - All About Symbian
Although there are a number of smartphones with capable speakers (Nokia 5800/X6/N8 all come to mind), many have loudspeakers which are rather ...

Touchscreen vs. Keyboard, the Sequel
Last week, I wrote about how touchscreens are forcing the reinvention of keyboards , looking into how touchscreen keypads are easily updateable, ...

Making the lives of IT easier: Windows 8 Refresh, Reset, and Windows To Go
In spite of BUILD's developer focus, Microsoft has shown off a few Windows 8 …

Book as process, book as byproduct, book as conversation
... on the net. So now we arrive back that the book I apologized for not writing in WWGD? — digital, clickable, linkable, correctable, updateable, ...

Cloudfuji - Developer blog index
Log in Cloudfuji Blog Posts Integrate Pivotal Tracker with Cloudfuji with just a Token and URL 10 Jun 2012 How Cloudfuji uses Cloud Foundry to ...

buddabelly at Daily Kos
short diary as there's not much to it...My last windows box died on me and I was given an old iMac G4 1 gig withan 80 gig hard drive and almost ...