Dynamo Personal Web-server and Web.PB

Does anyone know if we can use the Personal Web-server which comes with
PowerDynamo as a web-server for Web.PB? If yes, to which directory should I
copy the Web.PB program files?

TIA.

Flavio Uemura

0
fuemura
1/19/1999 9:57:56 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You can't do it.  It does not support CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, etc.  It hooks into
the PD dll directly.

Carson

Carson Hager                                       Dynamic Data Solutions,
Inc.
Team Powersoft                                   http://www.dyn-data.com
CPD Professional
Microsoft Certified Professional

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                   JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                   http://www.JumpStart99.com

Flavio Uemura wrote in message <#3#VFb$Q#GA.50@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Does anyone know if we can use the Personal Web-server which comes with
>PowerDynamo as a web-server for Web.PB? If yes, to which directory should I
>copy the Web.PB program files?
>
>TIA.
>
>Flavio Uemura

0
Carson

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server
I want to use the powerbuilder internt tools, especially the web.pb tool. My PB runs on a win 98 maschine without an internet server, so I start the personal-web-server from Powerdynamo and the CGI-Helper. Now I have to copy the web.pb tools "pbcgi70.exe" ( and dlls ) to an folder where the web-server expects to find CGI - programs. But how does this work with the personal-web-server. Which folder and where can I change the properties of the personal-web-server (pws) The pws runs great with PowerDynamo but if i try to test a html page with the commen Internet-Explorer (...

Microsoft Personal Web Server for Web.PB
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E30EB5010316480D3D2170DB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For running Web.PB a web server is required. Having a web server on windows'95 is now possible with Microsoft Personal Web Server. But installation and uninstallation are bit dirty. To download it try with some ftp tool like gozilla or cuteftp and download from some alternate site other than microsoft.com if you are not having dedicated connection to save time. I tried it and it is working fine. To uninstall PWS you ha...

web web web

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

Config. Web Server (Web.pb)
Hi all, I try to configure the web server (IIS) : 1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl 2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity) 3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI programs 4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs and it does not work (error the url not found) Please some help me, thanks a lot. PD: Only works in localhost.. ...

Configure Oracle Web server for web.pb
I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe work on a UNIX box. Thanks, John On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:33:34 -0400, John Shakour <jshakour@cablevision.com> wrote: >I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for >wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe >work on a UNIX box. I have not done this but my understanding has been you need to have PB for UNIX in order to get the PBCGI050.EXE piece to work on a UNIX server. My...

PB Web Application and Web Server Setup
Is there anywhere I can get information on hardware/software logistics of putting a Web PB app on the internet? Being new to the distributed pb and web pb development, we are trying to get our feet wet, working with Cervenka's book. We will probably start with an intranet app, which may include remote clients using Novell's Netware Connect (over phone lines). Right now, most of our questions deal with the hardware/software setup of the server pieces and I understand there are many different possibilities. Eventually, we want to put an app out on the net. Traffic will be li...

Web.pb & Novell Web Server
Hi all! Our company is just starting to dabble into web applications. We've recently (yesterday) installed Novell Web Server 3.1. Now (as proof of concept) I'm trying to migrate the Internet Developer Toolkit tutorial from WebSite (on my local NT4.0) to the Novell. Dose anyone have a nice step-by-step "How to" for this. (i.e., Which ..CFG files need what changes? Which subdirectories does pbcgi050.exe need to go? etc.) Thanks... D. Fletcher ...

Requirements for web server when using web.pb???
We are looking at using web.pb for a project. I know that the distributed app will need to be on a NT or 95 machine but does it matter what kind of box the the web server is on. Can the pbcgi050.exe be on a web server that is on something other than windows 95 or NT? Thanks in Advance, Jason Hmm, that's a good question....my guess is that IIS, Website etc would only run on NT/95 platforms. What platforms were you thinking of? On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:13:00 -0500, "Jason McBride" <jmcbride@teubner.com> wrote: >We are looking at using web.pb for a project...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

Web resources about - Dynamo Personal Web-server and Web.PB - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Web server - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A web server is a computer system that processes requests via HTTP , the basic network protocol used to distribute information on the World Wide ...

Facebook Open Sources FriendFeed’s Web Server, “Tornado”
... has open sourced a piece of technology it gained through the FriendFeed acquisition called Tornado. The software was a key piece of a web server ...

Tag on Tim Berners-Lee's original NeXT machine first Web server - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
That's Tim's handwriting on the first computer on the Web (this is the computer that Tim used to invent the WWW). A great article about CERN ...

Using Fenix Desktop Web Servers
A walkthru of the workflow using Fenix Web Server. For more detail and the free software download, visit fenixwebserver.com.

Google offers to accelerate Web servers with new software
Web server administrators who wish to trim bandwidth costs and hasten the delivery of their Web pages should take a look at a newly updated free ...

​Game on: two more crypto-ransomware threats for Linux web servers emerge
There are now three known examples of file-encrypting ransomware for Linux servers, according to a Russian antivirus firm.

Speedy attack targets Web servers with outdated Linux kernels
Web servers running a long-outdated version of the Linux kernel were attacked with dramatic speed over two days last week, Cisco Systems said ...

tinyCam Monitor Pro v6.2 Brings Built-In Web Server Enabling Remote Playback Of Recordings, And More
tinyCam recently made the big leap to version six dot oh, dragging along a new icon and material design. Oh the functionality front, we saw the ...

Apple Web Server notifications
This article provides credit to people who have reported potential security issues in Apple's web servers.

Web Served, the finale: Congrats, you have a Web server! What’s next?
... to be happening for absolutely no reason. If you've stuck with us for the entire spread of articles, you've got a full-featured Web server capable ...