DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow

Hi

    We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet
 applications.  We would like to know some information abut HTML
DataWindow.
    In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns.
    All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow.
    Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to
populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first
column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown
datawindow has to be populated.

    Is it possible in HTML DataWindow.  Based on the solution only we
can start the
 project. This is the most important requirement in this project.

    Appreciate if you help us in this regard......

Thanx in Advance

Mani

0
sri
8/19/1999 1:35:04 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Not directly.  You might be able to code something like that, but you would
be on your own in JavaScript.

What you might want to consider is having the user select the first choice,
then generating a new page with the DDDW for the second choice, which they
then make, etc....

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 09:35:04 +0800,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
sri <mmanikantan@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>
>    We are going to move from PB 6.5 to PB 7 only because of internet
> applications.  We would like to know some information abut HTML
>DataWindow.
>    In a HTML Data Window, assume that we have 3 columns.
>    All the 3 coloumns have DropDownDataWindow.
>    Based first column value which I'm going to select I need to
>populate the second field DropDown DataWindow and based on the first
>column value and second column value , the 3rd column dropdown
>datawindow has to be populated.
>
>    Is it possible in HTML DataWindow.  Based on the solution only we
>can start the
> project. This is the most important requirement in this project.
>
>    Appreciate if you help us in this regard......
>
>Thanx in Advance
>
>Mani

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]            | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce

Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow
Hi! We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. There we used html-datawindows. Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. What is the differense? 40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like there have been some changes? Regards Staale What errors are you seeing with the problem pages? A. Staale wrote: > Hi! > > We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. > There we used html-datawindows. > Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. > What is the differense? >...

HTML Datawindow Update() with modified DropDown Datawindow
Is it possible to modify the contents of a Drop Down Datawindow on a HTML Datawindow and for this to be accepted by the generated Update statement? By Default the Drop Down Datawindow converts to a Non-editable <SELECT> field on the HTML page. But I want to be able to add a new option into the list, just as you can in an Editiable DDLB in PB. I can achieve this by extending the Element array in javascript and adding the new option in, this works fine and the new option appears in the HTML <SELECT> control. But when I submit the Update() this ignores my new addition and ...

HTML Datawindow Generator
Hi, I am having a strange problem updating columns with dropdown datawindows. I am sorry for the long message. But to explain things, I needed to do that. I copied the code from pbdwrmt.pbl and created a custome datawindow generator component and delpoyed it to Jagusr. I am using a datawindow which has multiple drop down datawindows. None of them has retrieval arguments. The retrieval of the main datawindow worked fine and the drop down datawindows showed data. But I see "error on Page" in the browser status bar when th page is loaded. I have an update button in th...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Question about Web.pb and HTML Datawindows
Hi, how can i get the data of a HTML Datawindows. I am needing to know as being able to obtain the data of a HTML Datawindows, at the moment I am using Web.pb and to be able to generate the HTML using the function GenerateHTMLForm. That function has an action option in which is derived to this function when pressing Submit. I am needing to obtain all the changes of the datawindow and make a UPDATE. Here is a example. Principal Function: String ls_html String ls_syntax, ls_style, ls_action Integer li_return ls_html = "prueba html" transaction gt_default datastor...

html datawindow for pb datawindows with ASE Stored procs as source
Am just starting on a project where the developers wish to reuse as many dws as possible. All of the dws have stored procs as their datasource. This system will be deployed on Solaris. Has anyone done this. If so, any advice? ...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

Dropdown DataWindows in Java DataWindow
When I do a setFullState on a Java datawindow, using a state generated by a PowerBuilder component, I get nothing in the dropdowns. I reported this bug a few months ago, and was told that this would be addressed by an EBF available shortly after the EA Studio general release. Can anyone give me a status report on when a fix will be available? ...

Html Web Datawindow Web Site??
Does nayone know of a web site that shows the PB HTML Datawindow in Action? Some site out in Internet land where they use the PB html Datawindow? URL? Thanks, Paul Pretty sure that this does: http://demos.cynergysystems.com/eaf30examples/ It's hard to tell who's using it because the only way you would know would be to review the source for the page to see if HTDW_DataWindowClass is referenced anywhere. On 22 Oct 2004 11:41:43 -0700, Paul wrote: >Does nayone know of a web site that shows the PB HTML >Datawindow in Action? Some site out in Internet land whe...

Dropdown DataWindows: one depends on the value of another dropdown datawindow.
Please read the attachement PBHelp.txt Thanks in advance, Pierre pierre.godts6@yucom.be begin 666 PBHelp.txt M26X@;7D@9&%T86)A<V4@:2!H879E('1R964@=&%B;&5S.@T*#0IT86)N86UE M"0EC;VQN86UE,0EC;VQN86UE,@EC;VQN86UE,PT*+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM M+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+2TM+0T* M<V5T,0D)<V5T,5]I9 D)9&5S8W)I<'1I;VX-"G-E=#()"7-E=#)?:60)"7-E M=#%?:60)"61E<V-R:7!T:6]N#0IE>'1R86-T<V5T"7-E=%]I9 D)<V5T,5]I M9 D)<V5T,E]I9 T*#0H-"E1H92!T86)L97,@87)E('!O<'5L871E9&quo...

PB Datawindow to DataWindow .Net Migration
We have a datawindows in PB 9 and PB 11 also. Now we are planing move to .Net Applications. We are generating all PB objects in to .Net(C#) except data windows. Now we are planing to move PB datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Can you please explaing the way to convert/migrate PB Datawindows to DataWindow .Net 2.5. Advanced thanks for your suggesstions. Thank You, Chaithu Start the Datawindow Designer applet and create a new Project. Then use the Import... feature to import the datawindow source .SRD files. These can be exported from PowerBuilder. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] ...

Drop Down Datawindows in a HTML Datawindow not working
Hi, I have a HTML Datawindow with some dropdown datawindows in it. Everything works fine except the drop down datawindows. The dddw's work fine in PB or Datawindow Builder. All the dataobjects are in one pbl. Any idea... Thanks.. Reddy Can you take a look at the generated HTML and see if the data from the dddw is present? The way it works is that the dddw is retrieved and then the rows used in the html. Can you tell if it is being retrieved? Also, does it work from previewing in PowerDynamo? -- Build Your Future With PowerBuilder 7.0 www.c...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

Web resources about - DropDown Datawindow in HTML datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo