Config. Web Server (Web.pb)

Hi all,

I try to configure the web server (IIS) :

1) create dir c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl
2) IP addres 10.10.10.101 to www.alasa.com (server identity)
3) Map c:\wwwroot\cgi-shl to CGI  programs
4) Map c:\wwwroot to html docs

and it does not work (error the url not found)

Please some help me, thanks a lot.

PD: Only works in localhost..

0
Ing
2/7/2001 11:54:23 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb 1541 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software).Thanks. Try: http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001660 On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 15:44:58 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Rich Walz <rich@cse-armerica.com> wrote: >The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware >components...avail...

Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web Server software
The PB 7 "About the Internet Tools" Help mentions "Additional freeware components...available via FTP that you can use to develop Web.PB applications". Does anyone know where these are? (Web.PB class library, Web.PB examples, WebSite Web server software). Thanks. ...

web web web

Web.PB and Apache web server
Somebody have sucessfully used an apache web server with the Web.PB under Win95. I'm currently trying to use this together but hadn't succes. I'm looking for some help to do this. Jonny ...

Web.PB and Personal-Web-Server
I want to use the powerbuilder internt tools, especially the web.pb tool. My PB runs on a win 98 maschine without an internet server, so I start the personal-web-server from Powerdynamo and the CGI-Helper. Now I have to copy the web.pb tools "pbcgi70.exe" ( and dlls ) to an folder where the web-server expects to find CGI - programs. But how does this work with the personal-web-server. Which folder and where can I change the properties of the personal-web-server (pws) The pws runs great with PowerDynamo but if i try to test a html page with the commen Internet-Explorer (...

Requirements for web server when using web.pb???
We are looking at using web.pb for a project. I know that the distributed app will need to be on a NT or 95 machine but does it matter what kind of box the the web server is on. Can the pbcgi050.exe be on a web server that is on something other than windows 95 or NT? Thanks in Advance, Jason Hmm, that's a good question....my guess is that IIS, Website etc would only run on NT/95 platforms. What platforms were you thinking of? On Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:13:00 -0500, "Jason McBride" <jmcbride@teubner.com> wrote: >We are looking at using web.pb for a project...

Configure Oracle Web server for web.pb
I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe work on a UNIX box. Thanks, John On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 12:33:34 -0400, John Shakour <jshakour@cablevision.com> wrote: >I am trying to configure a Oracle Web server running on a UNIX box for >wb.pb. Does anybody have experience doing this. Will the pbcgi050.exe >work on a UNIX box. I have not done this but my understanding has been you need to have PB for UNIX in order to get the PBCGI050.EXE piece to work on a UNIX server. My...

Dynamo Personal Web-server and Web.PB
Does anyone know if we can use the Personal Web-server which comes with PowerDynamo as a web-server for Web.PB? If yes, to which directory should I copy the Web.PB program files? TIA. Flavio Uemura You can't do it. It does not support CGI, ISAPI, NSAPI, etc. It hooks into the PD dll directly. Carson ________________________________________________ Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com CPD Professional Microsoft Certified Professional ...

PB Web Application and Web Server Setup
Is there anywhere I can get information on hardware/software logistics of putting a Web PB app on the internet? Being new to the distributed pb and web pb development, we are trying to get our feet wet, working with Cervenka's book. We will probably start with an intranet app, which may include remote clients using Novell's Netware Connect (over phone lines). Right now, most of our questions deal with the hardware/software setup of the server pieces and I understand there are many different possibilities. Eventually, we want to put an app out on the net. Traffic will be li...

Microsoft Personal Web Server for Web.PB
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E30EB5010316480D3D2170DB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit For running Web.PB a web server is required. Having a web server on windows'95 is now possible with Microsoft Personal Web Server. But installation and uninstallation are bit dirty. To download it try with some ftp tool like gozilla or cuteftp and download from some alternate site other than microsoft.com if you are not having dedicated connection to save time. I tried it and it is working fine. To uninstall PWS you ha...

Web.pb & Novell Web Server
Hi all! Our company is just starting to dabble into web applications. We've recently (yesterday) installed Novell Web Server 3.1. Now (as proof of concept) I'm trying to migrate the Internet Developer Toolkit tutorial from WebSite (on my local NT4.0) to the Novell. Dose anyone have a nice step-by-step "How to" for this. (i.e., Which ..CFG files need what changes? Which subdirectories does pbcgi050.exe need to go? etc.) Thanks... D. Fletcher ...

WEB.PB OR WEB.SQL ?
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

WEB.SQL or WEB.PB
Hello, I will begin a web-based development project. The project consists of a web-server(IIS4), Dbase-Server (Sybase SQL 11) , OS (NT4 Server) and PB5004. Internet users can view WebPages by standard browsers. The user will enter data into a form on the WebPages. The data or SQL statement are submitted to a dbase server for calculation. The result set and computed values are returned to WebPages and viewed by user's browsers. I thank that Web.pb may be answer for this project. However Web.sql also can do this kind job. I want to know "What are the difference between t...

PB 10 web services on a Java app/web server
Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB 10 can be deployed (as a war file, for instance) to a java app server (such as Tomcat) as web services i saw a line on the pb 10 sales doc saying pb 10 supports j22ee app servers through wizards that genearte proxies for enterprise java beans... does that mean a yes? With PBridge from Sunlly (www.sunlly.com) you could do this. You can do it natively with PB if you are using EAServer. On 22 Sep 2004 11:40:46 -0700, Luciano B wrote: >Can someone tell me if functions or user objects made in PB >10 can be deployed ...

Is web.pb right for my app, nested datawindows and web.pb, display flexibility
1.) The web.pb application that I am putting together requires the following: - Validate User against database based on passed ID and password - Display a selection list of accounts (from database) - Based on user selected accounts, generate 2 SQL reports from database (both reports are nested datawindows and utilize SQL Server 6.5 Stored Procedures) Is the Web.pb solution suited for this? If not, what else should I consider? 2.) Saving the rows of a nested datawindow as an HTML table appears to save the data in the primary datawindow EXCLUDING the data in nested datawindows. ...

running 2 web.configs in the same website 1 in /web.config and one in /swf/web.config
Im having issues doing this. and when i remove the authentication from the swf/web.config it still doesnt seem to be applying to the child website at all. Whats the proper way to set a child website? Thanks!!  The lower most web.config overrides all previous settings. So if you remove the section from the /swf/web.config whatever settings you have in the web.config in the next higher level will have an effect on the content of the child folder.So instead of removing a section, try giving appropriate settings in the /swf/web.config....

WEB hosting of WEB.PB application
We want to find a ISP who will host our WEB.PB application with server program and database. If anybody has some experience or could help us find a proper ISP please contact us. e-mail spavle@hotmail.com Sincerly Pavle Spoljaric Zagreb, Croatia You might check with Dean Jones of PowerTeam (www.powerobjects.com). In addition to being a PB consultant, member of TeamPS, yadda, yadda, yadda, he is also an ISP. I know he's talked about installing Jaguar on one of his servers and offering Jaguar as a service to his customers. Given his rabid support of Distributed PB (h...

Web.PB Running on a Hosted Web
We have developed a Web.PB application which is to run on a hosted web running IIS on NT 4.0 (we don't have access to the server). We cannot get beyond the error: Could not find definition for Server Alias 'webapp'. The webmaster swears the pbweb.ini file is placed in the c:\winnt directory, and location= has been set to his server's IP address. The application works here (developed on NT Workstation running Peer Web Services). One difference is that the web host has multiple virtual servers, (so that each of his hosted locations has its own IP address and dom...

WEB PB as a WEB development tool.
Hi all, I received the following news from my boss and was asked what I am thinking as far as using PowerBuilder as our WEB developement tool. Since you all are so involved with the PB Web development, what do you all think as far as where PB will go with its WEB dev. effort or even as a leader in client/server tool? The once-golden PowerBuilder business stalled out (along with much of the client/server market sector), weak attempts to move PowerBuilder to the Web received a cool response. This month, Sybase brings its latest (and probably last) attempt to move PB to the Web m...

PB 11.5.1 (4011)
Hello Everyone, I am getting a strange error when calling a C# Web Service in PB 11.5.1 (4011). System.OutOfMemoryException When my application starts, I do the following: application global variable n_uploaded_files gnv_uploaded_files open event of application gnv_uploaded_files = CREATE n_uploaded_files n_uploaded_files instance variable s2010_upload_web_service iproxy_webservice SoapConnection iSOAP_connection constructor event of n_uploaded_files isoap_connection = CREATE SoapConnection of_instantiateservice(iproxy_webservice, "s201...

deploying web matrix web pages to host web server
Hi:I'm new to this forum and also in developing asp .net web pages.  I created web pages using Web Matrix v0.6.812.0 (connecting to an Access backend in the same folder as the web pages). Now I need to upload it to my company's web server (Windows 2000 with IIS and .Net Framework 1.1) so the customer can see them.  My administrator created a virtual site for me on the company's web server and I copied the .aspx, .ascx, .css, .mdb and web.config files to the directory for my virtual site.   When I try to access my default.aspx file on the web server thr...

Encrypting web.config with no access to web server
Hello,I've little experience with ASP.NET and I need suggestions to secure data in the web.config file of a web services application.I have to deploy a web services application to a IIS production server located on the customer site. The customer does not allow us any access to this server and it has administrator rights on that machine.What I would like to achieve is to protect connection string configuration in web.config because we don't want that the customer can access the database.What I have read is that I can use RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider at machine level, export a ke...

How to configure multiple web.config in web server
Hi, i already make an application and i already deploy it on the root of my web server. But, when i make another apllication and i deploy it to become the child of the root, it become conflict with the web.config. For example: i already deploy the 1st application on the http://localhost , but when i try to make the child http://localhost/app1 , it become error. i develop with asp.net 2. Please help me on this. Thanks Sincerely Yours Yugi You will need to make the child folder as an application folder otherwise you will get an error stating something about running an appli...

Web resources about - Config. Web Server (Web.pb) - sybase.powerbuilder.web-pb

Proxy auto-config - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Computer operating systems (e.g., Microsoft Windows , Mac OS X , Linux ) require a number of settings to communicate over the Internet . These ...

Platform Updates: New Industry Pages, Refreshed Services Status Page, and New Parse Config Dashboard
Platform Updates: New Industry Pages, Refreshed Services Status Page, and New Parse Config Dashboard

App Config for Android - YouTube
Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fi.aarosoft.appconfig.free Full version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ...

HP unveils cloud config manager
HP this week unveiled a network virtualization system for large enterprise and cloud providers designed to simplify network configuration.

China configs 'firewall' against official meddling in judicial cases
China configs 'firewall' against official meddling in judicial cases

Group criticizes Apple’s removal of IPv6 in Airport config tool
Back in January of this year Apple released AirPort Utility 6.0 , an updated version of the configuration tool for setting up home networks and ...

System Software: Configs for Mac 128K, XL, 512, & 512KE (7/94)
Macintosh 128K Currently ships with: Product no longer available. Supports: System 2.0 and Finder 4.1. Recommended: System 2.0 and Finder 4.1. ...

Free 32GB Apple TV and $60-$111 discounts on iMac 4Ks & iMac 5Ks, plus $150 coupons on all custom configs ...
Whether you want a free Apple TV plus discounts, a free AppleCare extended protection plan plus discounts, or just the lowest prices anywhere ...

Dell releases updated XPS-13 Developer Edition in wide variety of configs
... is available immediately in North America and Europe. According to Dell’s announcement blog post , there is a wide variety of possible configurations ...

Config error at Boston-area hosting company takes down Reddit, others
... hosting provider briefly knocked several large services and websites dependent on Amazon and AWS offline on Tuesday night, thanks to a configuration ...