Security with PFC

Hi All
I am looking for direction to implement Security with PFC to my project.
Any help appreciated

Nikolay G
0
NikolayG

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:09:58 -0500, NikolayG wrote:

>Hi All
>I am looking for direction to implement Security with PFC to my project.
>Any help appreciated

Start by looking at http://www.pfcguide.com/faq/faq_sec.asp#Steps

Let us know if you have specific questions.

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com
    ___
  ____   _
 _____    _
  ____   _
    ___

  Dynamic Technology Group, Inc.
  http://www.dynamictechgroup.com/
0
Boris

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

PFC Security
We are going to begin developing a new PB 6.5 application and would like to use the PFC security. We've developed a number of applications, but have never had a reason to use the PFC security piece. Any feedback on the "stability", "ease of use", and "functionality" , and "maintainability" of PFC security would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Peggy Klinger FirstEnergy Corp. Akron, OH I've used it for a number of applications. Some items to consider: 1. It doesn't replace database security. It controls user access to contr...

PFC Security
How do you disable/invisible the menu items in the frame menu using PFC Security? I disable/invisible it, when I run it nothing change and still the same. Pls help. Thank in advance. David Did you turn on the security service for the window? It will only operate on windows that you have actually turned it on for. On Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:47:33 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general David <davidchai@comline.com.my> wrote: >How do you disable/invisible the menu items in the frame menu using PFC >Security? > >I disable/invisible it, when I run ...

PFC Security ?
Hi! How does PFC Security feature work ? Is there any good documentation/links around the topic. Thanks Shalinder Here's how I understand it. The security database holds a reference to every object on every window in your app. For each object, and for each security group (user?), it stores whether or not to enable, disable, hide, or leave the control alone. When your window opens, the app scans the security table and sets the state of the controls according to these settings. I don't know much about the actual implementation within your app (I *still* haven&...

PFC Security??
I've finally got the pfc security pbls from PB 6.0 compiled and running. I moved the 5 tables from pfc.db related to security over to our netrwork database. Now, I've ran the security admin program and added 2 users. All is well so far... NOW, I choose Scan and pick our application and the Scan process completes. I then choose a couple of windows and choose scan once more, and it apparently completes. I then choose exit and return to the admin program only to find that NO objects have been added to the database. I backed up and connected to the pfc.db instead with basically the...

Pfc Security
I have an application that has been designed using PB8.03 and the PFC classes from PB7.03 Japanese version. This was done so I could get functionality that I couldn't have if I developed just use an eng version. My question now is I am about to implement pfc_security, should I use the pfc classes that are already in my app (version 7.03J) or is it better to use version 8.03?? Thanks On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:06:17 +0900, "MJN" <NoSpam_chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote: >I have an application that has been designed using PB8.03 and the PFC >classes from...

PFC 10
Hi, will there be an open source PFC-Extender like it was in PB8 or 9 ? Thomas You might want to add that as an issue on the open source PFC project to help remind us to ask Sybase for the source. http://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectIssues On 2 Sep 2004 00:56:54 -0700, Thomas wrote: >Hi, > >will there be an open source PFC-Extender like it was in PB8 >or 9 ? > >Thomas Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Vote for PocketBuilder in the Mobile Village awards http...

PFC Security
Is there any way to enforce the PCF security application onto Infomaker? Thanks.....Paul In theory, yes. But it would require a complete rewrite of the imstylex.pbl. What are you trying to accomplish? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn <Paul Moore> wrote in message news:SjyYfitU$GA.191@forums.sybase.com... > Is there any way to enforce the PCF security application onto Infomaker? > Thanks.....Paul > > There are columns in the database that I don't want all ...

PBD server (to PFC or not to PFC?)
<HTML> What might the disadvantages of using PFC on the server side of a PBD app?&nbsp; I read a thread in which Dean Jones(Team PS)&nbsp; recommended that it not be used.&nbsp; I was just interested in what these reasons might be other than the bulk and a good portion of&nbsp; the PFC relating to the GUI side development. <BR>&nbsp; <P>Regards, <P>DTL</HTML> The PFC is a framework to build GUI client applications and is not intended for use as a DPB server framework. The needs of a DPB server such as load balancing, error log...

To PFC or not to PFC ... opinnions please ?
Hi ... .... im kind of newbie on PFC (just a couple of days reading about it) ... i have developed PB 4-5-7 apps before without problems ... but now im interested on PFC structure ... .... can anyone enlight me about when/where use PFc and when is really NOT convenient ? ... and, the performance of the entire application would be faster/better or slower/worst ? thanks ! -- Atentamente ... Pato Concha Jr. Casilla 3381 Concepci�n CHILE (SouthAmerica) I hadn't used it until PB 6.5.1 and appreciate how much coding it saves me. I haven't done any performa...

PFC Security
Does it work? I have gone through the set up and some of it works. For instance, I can make a command button invisible for a selected user. BUT I can't restrict access to a whole window! How do you do that? What should the entry in the security_template table look like? I can't find any good place to set security in a menu. And when I try in the open script of a window,: IF NOT gnv_app.inv_security.of_SetSecurity(this) THEN MessageBox("Security", "Unable to set security") END IF I get the bad news message. Is anyone using PFC ...

PFC
Anyone know if Sybase has, or has plans for, a PFC translation into PPB? Refer to other postings.... The PPB group has no plans. There is a light-weight foundation class being developed by a user. Check out: "PFC (Pocket PowerBuilder Foundation Class)" To download, please visit: http://pocketpb.codexchange.sybase.com HTH, Reed Shilts <Standard-Disclaimers-Apply/> On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:53:08 -0400, "Russ Fleming" <anon> wrote: >Anyone know if Sybase has, or has plans for, a PFC translation into PPB? > I saw this earlier wh...

Web resources about - Security with PFC - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

Krebs on Security
The House Financial Services Committee is slated to hold a hearing this Friday on the impact of cyber heists against small- to mid-sized businesses. ...

Security Middle East - Latest news from the Middle East.
Security Middle East is a news portal for the entire security industry, focussed specifically on latest security news from the Middle East. Security ...

Information Security News, IT Security News & Expert Insights: SecurityWeek.Com
IT Security News and Information Security News, Cyber Security, Network Security, Enterprise Security Threats, Cybercrime News and more. Information ...

Security (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
equity securities, e.g., common stocks ; and, The company or other entity issuing the security is called the issuer . A country's regulatory ...

COP21: Security steps up in Paris as confidence builds around climate change action
... is hopeful a "good and ambitious universal agreement" will be reached at the Paris climate talks, which will open under tight security ...

Lenovo fixes two security vulnerabilities in its preloaded Windows tools
... and Support for ThinkPad and ThinkCentre drivers, software and BIOS updates", and "helps maximize your system performance and minimize security ...

Security flaw can expose your real IP address when using a VPN
... activity to enhance privacy protection. However, a discovery has revealed that VPN services aren’t as secure as you’d think, as a huge security ...

Paris Tightens Security as Mega Climate Meet Comes to Town
France stepped up already-heavy security in Paris Saturday as more than 140 world leaders are set to descend on the French capital for climate ...

A $2.25 billion fintech startup almost used horoscopes for security
Swedish payments startup Klarna once considered a novel approach to dealing with fraud: Asking "high-risk" customers to enter their horoscopes. ...

Pope brushes aside security worries in Central Africa
Pontiff takes long open car ride through country still dealing with brutal Christian-Muslim violence, saying "we are all brothers"