Security User Administration Using PFC

I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to
implement user administration which includes the following :-

1) Create user account in the database through the application
2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their
password throught the application
3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen.

I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but
I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to
locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who can help
me would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kevin.

0
Kevin

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 11:57:39 +0800, "Kevin" <kokengkiat@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to
>implement user administration which includes the following :-
>
>1) Create user account in the database through the application
>2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their
>password throught the application
>3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen.
>
>I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but
>I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to
>locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who can help
>me would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

PFC Security allows you to create users and assign them to groups.
You can grant the groups access to controls, such as menu items or
windowobjects.

The requirements you have will have to be implemented in your
application, an extension to PFC service, or a separate service
object.

--

  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Close to NJ? Join the NJ Sybase Tools User Group
  http://www.njpbug.org/njpbug/join/join.asp
0
Boris
11/27/2000 4:24:49 PM
haven't seen much in the way of extensions for the security service. Only
one I have seen is an encryption object
to secure your passwords if stored in ini file or database.

I have extended the transaction object to handle externally authenticated
logons and other user setup requirements for our database, which is Oracle.

0
Russ
11/27/2000 8:38:18 PM
Thanks to all. I think I would have to implement those services on my own.
kevin