Security Administration

I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok and
the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups.
My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How? I
dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the app
is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in one
menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are
permited to access this menuitem.
My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items,
buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the object with the information
to fill the security_info table.

Maximiliano Batelli
Liveware ISSA

0
Maximiliano

Don't get your hopes up - I can't answer your question.
I can only make it worse - for the moment.  I too am trying to do some things
with/in spite of PFC Security.

Do individual menu items have a rightclick response?
Anyway, it seems to me that individual's rights would mainly come from the
Groups
they are in.  And Groups would be defined mainly by allowing whole menu
pull-downs, like File, Edit, etc.  To do what you want, do you need to be able
to find out which Pull-down the menu choice is under?  Do you have a way of
doing this?  I'd love to know!

Dunk

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:36:38 -0300,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Maximiliano Batelli <mbatelli@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
>I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok and
>the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups.
>My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How? I
>dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the app
>is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in one
>menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are
>permited to access this menuitem.
>My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items,
>buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the object with the information
>to fill the security_info table.
>
>Maximiliano Batelli
>Liveware ISSA

Dunk
6/27/2001 8:29:50 PM
Dunk,
individual menu items dont have rightclik, but i discover in the mdi window
event "other" that i can see some events that belongs to the menu.
For example WM_MENURBUTTONUP  (0x0122). I can filter with the next code:

if message.number = 290 then
// the WM_MENURBUTTONUP hexa is 290 decimal
.. . . .
end if

In the "other" lparam argument is the handle to the menu.

Now the problem arises in to find the powerbuilder menuitem with only a
handle. I tried to find it comparing the handle of all menu items against
lparam but i can't find it.

Thats all at moment. If you find anything will be welcome.

"Dunk" <pdunkel@magicnet.net> escribi� en el mensaje

> Don't get your hopes up - I can't answer your question.
> I can only make it worse - for the moment.  I too am trying to do some
things
> with/in spite of PFC Security.
>
> Do individual menu items have a rightclick response?
> Anyway, it seems to me that individual's rights would mainly come from the
> Groups
> they are in.  And Groups would be defined mainly by allowing whole menu
> pull-downs, like File, Edit, etc.  To do what you want, do you need to be
able
> to find out which Pull-down the menu choice is under?  Do you have a way
of
> doing this?  I'd love to know!
>
> Dunk
>
> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:36:38 -0300,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
> Maximiliano Batelli <mbatelli@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
> >I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok
and
> >the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups.
> >My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How?
> >dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the
app
> >is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in
one
> >menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are
> >permited to access this menuitem.
> >My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items,
> >buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the object with the
information
> >to fill the security_info table.
> >
> >Maximiliano Batelli
> >Liveware ISSA

Maximiliano
6/27/2001 11:05:51 PM
Well, the only other idea I've found is to be crude and hard code
the pull-down name in the clicked script of each item.
Then it can be passed to the next function or kept in an instance var.

Dunk

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:05:51 -0300,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
Maximiliano Batelli <mbatelli@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
>Dunk,
>individual menu items dont have rightclik, but i discover in the mdi window
>event "other" that i can see some events that belongs to the menu.
>For example WM_MENURBUTTONUP  (0x0122). I can filter with the next code:
>
>if message.number = 290 then
>// the WM_MENURBUTTONUP hexa is 290 decimal
>.. . . .
>end if
>
>In the "other" lparam argument is the handle to the menu.
>
>Now the problem arises in to find the powerbuilder menuitem with only a
>handle. I tried to find it comparing the handle of all menu items against
>lparam but i can't find it.
>
>Thats all at moment. If you find anything will be welcome.
>

>"Dunk" <pdunkel@magicnet.net> escribi� en el mensaje
>>
>> Don't get your hopes up - I can't answer your question.
>> I can only make it worse - for the moment.  I too am trying to do some
>things
>> with/in spite of PFC Security.
>>
>> Do individual menu items have a rightclick response?
>> Anyway, it seems to me that individual's rights would mainly come from the
>> Groups
>> they are in.  And Groups would be defined mainly by allowing whole menu
>> pull-downs, like File, Edit, etc.  To do what you want, do you need to be
>able
>> to find out which Pull-down the menu choice is under?  Do you have a way
>of
>> doing this?  I'd love to know!
>>
>> Dunk
>>
>> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:36:38 -0300,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
>> Maximiliano Batelli <mbatelli@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
>> >I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok
>and
>> >the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups.
>> >My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How?
>> >dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the
>app
>> >is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in
>one
>> >menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are
>> >permited to access this menuitem.
>> >My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items,
>> >buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the object with the
>information
>> >to fill the security_info table.
>> >
>> >Maximiliano Batelli
>> >Liveware ISSA
>> >

>> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Dunk
6/28/2001 4:35:04 PM
Once you get to know the PFC Security application AND the PFC security
piece that it uses to secure objects, you will see that you can have it
scan just a window. (this requires that you modify how the scanner works,
to look at active objects instead of ones in the library. Not trivial
programing, however, once you get it to work you will know much more about
PowerBuilder than you ever imagined! <GRIN>) That will include the menu on
the window and the objects on the window also.

So instead of having every object possible scanned, like it does now, you
will have only the window, menu, and the objects on the window scanned.
Now, before you write it to the database, keep only what you need and write
it to the database.

If you include the security application into your application, you can call
it so you can modify users, groups, and with a little work you can get the
just saved objects.

Hope this helps,
  Shawn

---- Maximiliano Batelli wrote ----
I want to simplify the mechanism to set up security. The scanner is ok and
the admin is ok only for the porpouse of setting users and groups.
My idea is to use the aplication being secured for seting security. How? I
dont know yet, but the basis are to trap some events. For example, the app
is running and the user responsible for set security would rightclick in
one menu item, then a popup would show indicating which users/groups are
permited to access this menuitem.
My problem to do this is to trap de rightclick in objects (menu items,
buttons, dw, etc) before the event goes to the object with the information
to fill the security_info table.

Maximiliano Batelli
Liveware ISSA
0
Shawn
6/28/2001 11:02:02 PM
Yes, its an alternative I've keep in mind, but my menu its big.

Maxi

> Well, the only other idea I've found is to be crude and hard code
> the pull-down name in the clicked script of each item.
> Then it can be passed to the next function or kept in an instance var.
>
> Dunk
>
> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:05:51 -0300,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
> Maximiliano Batelli <mbatelli@infovia.com.ar> wrote:
> >Dunk,
> >individual menu items dont have rightclik, but i discover in the mdi
window
> >event "other" that i can see some events that belongs to the menu.
> >For example WM_MENURBUTTONUP  (0x0122). I can filter with the next code:
> >
> >if message.number = 290 then
> >// the WM_MENURBUTTONUP hexa is 290 decimal
> >.. . . .
> >end if
> >
> >In the "other" lparam argument is the handle to the menu.
> >
> >Now the problem arises in to find the powerbuilder menuitem with only a
> >handle. I tried to find it comparing the handle of all menu items against
> >lparam but i can't find it.
> >
> >Thats all at moment. If you find anything will be welcome.
> >

> >"Dunk" <pdunkel@magicnet.net> escribi� en el mensaje
> >>
> >> Don't get your hopes up - I can't answer your question.
> >> I can only make it worse - for the moment.  I too am trying to do some
> >things
> >> with/in spite of PFC Security.
> >>
> >> Do individual menu items have a rightclick response?
> >> Anyway, it seems to me that individual's rights would mainly come from
the
> >> Groups
> >> they are in.  And Groups would be defined mainly by allowing whole menu
> >> pull-downs, like File, Edit, etc.  To do what you want, do you need to
be
> >able
> >> to find out which Pull-down the menu choice is under?  Do you have a
way
> >of
> >> doing this?  I'd love to know!
> >>
> >> Dunk
> >>
> >> On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:36:38 -0300,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc
> >and
How?
> >app
> >one
> >information

> >> ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >> http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

Maximiliano

PFC Security Administration
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? Our SoftBolt service based security product comes with a Security Administrator, but it is used as a substitute or compliment of standard PFC security. Thus, it doesn't maintain the tables you want, but if you are open to another security approach look at www.sisugrp.com/softbolt.htm -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp.com "Peter Moran" <peter[NOSPAM]@equisoft.ie> wrote in message news:cE4GsGZ$AHA.164@forums.sybase.c...

PFC Security Administration Report
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

PFC Security Administration Application
I am using Powerbuilder 5.04 and I am having problems getting the admin program running. I have set up the proper registry entries and changed the INI for the applications. The scanner program runs fine. I have no problems running the application through powerbuilder but when I build the application, run it and try confirming the add of a user, I am getting a "null object referenced" error for line 21 in the w_pfc_security_usermgmt window. In viewing the script for the window, I find that the l_ds cannot be retrieved. Any suggets would be greatly appreciated. Thank...

Need help on PFC Security Administration
This may seem stupid, but when I enable the security services in PFC, I get the message: "table or view not found: table 'security_apps' not found." I created the security tables on our database using the DBA account, so now whenever I login to the database with an account other than DBA, I get the message. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the error? I was going to resave the datawindows and put the DBA in the sql, but they are at the PFC level of the tools (not PFE), so they would be overwritten the next update of Powerbuilder (plus it...

Security User Administration Using PFC
I am a PowerBuilder 7.0.2 developer working on a project that needs to implement user administration which includes the following :- 1) Create user account in the database through the application 2) Keeps tract of user account expiry period and prompt user to renew their password throught the application 3) Provide option for user to logoff and prompt a relogin screen. I know somehow PFC has the functionality to do all these mundane chores, but I am new to the security module and due to my ignorance, am not able to locate the methods. Any PFC experts out there in the community who ...

PFC Security Administration Report Fails
When running the PFC Security Administration report I receive the following error: Database error code: 132 Select error: ct_fetch() user api layer: internal common library error: The bind of result set item 6 resulted in truncation. This sql when extracted from the datawindow and run in the database painter runs fine. Database: ASE 12.0.0.1 SWR 8951 PFC: 7.02 Build 8046 "C3" Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Chris Packwood ...

PB 8.0 * PFC Security administrator
I am trying to runthe Security Administrator of PFCs (version 8) but when trying to SAVE a new USER / GROUP, this application return the following error: "Null object reference at line 9 in pfc_updatespending event of object w_pfcsecurity_usermgmt". Does anybody know what is this error about?. Thanks ...

PFC Security
Does anyone know of a third party product for the administration of PFC security ? ...

Has anyone implemented a context sensitive PFC security administration system?
Has anyone had any experience developing a context sensitive method for setting group/user permissions at an administrator level using PFC security as a base? I like the easy architecture of the PFC application security service; however, the administration program leaves something to be desired. The ideal method of implementing this service would be to allow context sensitive object permissions to be specified; for example, an administrator using a special key to popup a secondary window which would list users/groups and allow permissions to be specified for a selected object or ...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

Securing menu items using PFC Security Service
I am trying to secure menuitems in a PFC based app (PB702) using the PFC Security Service. I have a master menu in my app called m_pims_master inherited from m_master in the PFE layer. All other menus, which are associated to windows in the app, are inherited from m_pims_master. When I scan the app using the scanner, which is a standalone EXE (no PBDs), I do not see any of the menuitems that I added to the m_pims_master showing up in the template list as menuitem objects on windows that have the descendant menus of m_pims_master associated to them. Shouldn't these menuitems be liste...

Enabling PFC Security Caching broke security at column level
I enabled PFC security caching which was a big performance gain, but I did run into a problem. After I enabled the caching functionality, security at the column level inside datawindow controls quit working. Has anyone else run into this problem? I verified it is a problem with enabling caching, if I turn caching off, the disabling and enabling of columns works fine. Thanks, Dave Found that the cache was appending spaces to the column name. That caused the column name in the datawindow not to match the column name in the ids_items (cache datastore) datastore. To fix, I did ...

when is secure, secure?

How secure is secure?

Security with PFC
Hi All I am looking for direction to implement Security with PFC to my project. Any help appreciated Nikolay G On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 11:09:58 -0500, NikolayG wrote: > >Hi All >I am looking for direction to implement Security with PFC to my project. >Any help appreciated Start by looking at http://www.pfcguide.com/faq/faq_sec.asp#Steps Let us know if you have specific questions. Boris Gasin [TeamSybase] mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com ___ ____ _ _____ _ ____ _ ___ Dynamic Technology Group, Inc. ...

Web resources about - Security Administration - sybase.powerbuilder.pfc

File:Food and Drug Administration logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unless otherwise noted, the contents of the Food and Drug Administration website (www.fda.gov) —both text and graphics— are public domain . [1] ...

Ted Cruz calls Obama administration support for trans teens “lunacy”
... conservative show Louder With Crowder, Ted Cruz took a brief aside from hate-mongering over Syrian refugees to get a dig in at the Obama administration ...

GOOD NEWS: Obama Administration Publishes Alien Welcome Guide Offering Welfare in 14 Different Languages ...
... economist Milton Friedman once said, " It's just obvious you can't have free immigration and a welfare state " and the Obama administration ...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein: Administration’s war against ISIS has gone on too long - Videos - CBS News
Senate Intelligence Committee member Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, says that the war against ISIS and the situation abroad has gotten ...

Obama administration appeals immigration case to Supreme Court
CNN Obama administration appeals immigration case to Supreme Court CNN Washington (CNN) The Obama administration asked the Supreme Court on ...

Tucker Carlson And Guest Blame Obama Administration For Paris Attacks
... to protest against the teaching of Arabic in a New York school. Today we need to find a way to tie this tragedy in Paris to the Obama Administration, ...

Obama administration takes immigration fight to Supreme Court
The Obama administration asked the Supreme Court to review a federal court decision blocking President Obama's executive order granting quasi-legal ...

Obama administration assures governors that Syrian refugees undergo rigorous security vetting
The Obama administration is assuring governors that refugees who come to the United States in its resettlement program undergo a rigorous security ...

Obama Administration Weighs Partnership with Russia Against Islamic State
The Obama administration is considering ways to form a closer partnership with Russia against the Islamic State terrorist group, including intelligence ...

Obama administration assures dissenting governors on refugee vetting